20 9.0%

20 9.0%

12 5.4%

6 2.7%

21 9.4%

• Total voters

Sammy

Veteran
Seriously? Seriously? Ok, i'm going to start saying awful things right now so scroll it down if you like this entry a lot.
The song itself, the way it was written, is not bad, not bad at all, it could have been one very emotional piece of music IF it wasn't for...

1. A singer that looks way better in a kitchen baking cookies for her grandkids, than on a stage. She's not an artist, she has a charisma of 200 years old rust (which is just a bit more charismatic than her), she is not attractive.
2. If the previous wasn't enough, there is one more nail in a coffin: she's a horrible. Horrible. Horrible singer.
Yes, she hits the right notes, she knows her do-re-mi math and blah blah but she's a "karaoke" singer.
Her voice is flat, lifeless, there's no interesting tember, no depth, no nothing. Absolutely nothing.
She is physically not capable of conveying emotions through her voice.

I'm really bombed that a talentless bad looking singer with an average song got more points than beautiful Ann Sophie with a good song and her interesting voice xboring
I'm done.

The one thing I have to object violently: it's true, she's not a supermodel. But that shouldn't matter. Other singers aren't attractive either and are successful. Of course it helps, if you do have a pretty face, but that can't be the reason for this bad result.
What you say about her singing capacities.... Even if your description was right, that wouldn't deserve a three-times-horrible.
My explanation would be rather that everything: singing style, music, arrangement and song was just very old fashioned. That's why I liked it quite (nostalgic, as i can be sometimes). But the more often I listened to it, the more it lost for me.....

Odalis

The one thing I have to object violently: it's true, she's not a supermodel. But that shouldn't matter. Other singers aren't attractive either and are successful. Of course it helps, if you do have a pretty face, but that can't be the reason for this bad result.
What you say about her singing capacities.... Even if your description was right, that wouldn't deserve a three-times-horrible.
My explanation would be rather that everything: singing style, music, arrangement and song was just very old fashioned. That's why I liked it quite (nostalgic, as i can be sometimes). But the more often I listened to it, the more it lost for me.....

It's not about how cute she is, it's all about charisma, she has none.
And it does matter, it's really crucial. A super hit sang by someone anti-charismatic can ruin the whole thing in the end.
But of course you're right, it was old-fashioned, but if it was sang by someone who can emotionally engage the audience through vocals, someone appealing, then it could be in Top-15 easily. So France failed to hit every right button this year.

Sammy

Veteran
It's not about how cute she is, it's all about charisma, she has none.
And it does matter, it's really crucial. A super hit sang by someone anti-charismatic can ruin the whole thing in the end.
But of course you're right, it was old-fashioned, but if it was sang by someone who can emotionally engage the audience through vocals, someone appealing, then it could be in Top-15 easily. So France failed to hit every right button this year.
Ok, misunderstood you. I thought your were not talking about charisma but rather about looks. Yes, in fact, charisma is THE important factor.

GRE

Injustice.
Deserved so much better.
At least with the juries.
Poor France :(

Odalis

Ok, misunderstood you. I thought your were not talking about charisma but rather about looks. Yes, in fact, charisma is THE important factor.

I guess i was talking about both, i mean it's totally fine to not look like a super-model if you're a very charismatic person but when your charisma is down to zero if you don't have this visual mass appeal it makes it even worse if you know what i mean)

Sammy

Veteran
I guess i was talking about both, i mean it's totally fine to not look like a super-model if you're a very charismatic person but when your charisma is down to zero if you don't have this visual mass appeal it makes it even worse if you know what i mean)

yes, I get your point. ;)

Celia

Lovely, well performed, easily forgettable :( man I usually love :fr: and it's time they do well. Fingers crossed for next year!

GRE

Last week, on radio station France Inter, Foreign Affairs ministers Laurent Fabius said
“I watched the winners’ performance, the Swedish guy. I won’t comment on his voice capacities, but this was a show, a modern one, with lights effect etc… In comparison, the French act was a bit like a television show before the very invention of television”.

France 2 Head of Entertainment Nathalie André, has reacted quickly. In her opinion, “there are much more dramatic issues in the world that Minister Fabius should comment. The result was a real punch in our faces. I was stupid enough to go to Vienna with a voice instead of bringing an Enrique Iglesias there. I’m ready to take revenge in 2016 and I’m starting working on it from today”.

SOURCE: CLOSERMAG.FR

Brandt

I had a chance to read the lyrics. Am I the only one who thinks there's a message for Armenian Genocide? I searched for the thread and there was no result. Honestly, I'm surprised.

All that remains to me are ashes
Of my village plunged into silence

But I am here, I don’t forget
In my village swept away by history
And I live here, don’t you forget
Erased from maps and memories

I remember the laughter of children
The voices of men when they left for the field

When they arrived
Hidden behind their weapons
They were thousands
They laughed at our tears

They wished to destroy
Our beliefs and our souls
With words of hatred

And I swear
When the blood will dry
That I will rebuild my city
More beautiful than before

But don’t forget

tuorem

Ok, I guess it's about time for me to start my reviews of each song now that I know them better :D Of course, I should start with my own country.

Lisa Angell - N'oubliez Pas

Song: Ok, I've already said here what I thought of this act, but I'll do it once again. I was disappointed when I first listened to our song this year because it was same old same old. Despite the change of TV channel, our delegation went for variété française once again but there were two major flaws from the very beginning to me: it was not inspired at all - it was a very safe choice, something that foreigners would expect us to send- and it was definitely a weaker attempt compared with "Et S'il Fallait Le Faire" and "Je N'ai Que Mon Âme" (the latter - composed by the same composer - still sounds more current than N'oubliez Pas!). Actually, this music genre is not what we listen to anymore, plus the arrangements sound dated in a negative way to me. It was very similar to Chimène Badi's "Le Jour D'après", which was much stronger imo. The song takes quite some time to build up but I'm ok with that even though it could be tricky in Eurovision. I'm not too fond of the lyrics, yet I think they're well written overall regarding the theme chosen. It's not a bad song, but this didn't scream "winner" or "top 15" in any way. It's unambitious.

Voice: Lisa Angell may be funny, nice and everything. I still think that it wasn't a coincidence she was chosen considering she was "discovered" by one of the France 2 TV presenters... Besides, I already said before that when I listen to her, I feel like she's a good karaoke singer. She can hit the notes for sure but she has a plain voice and no charisma at all. And that is a big disadvantage imo. In addition to that, she sounds very Chimène Badi during the last part of the song, it's almost like an impersonation to me, which is disturbing. Performance-Wise, she did the job however, she sang well and made the most out of the whole thing. Nothing to be ashamed about.

Staging: I think this staging was unexpected. This actually the first time since 2011 that we come up with a realistic background. It matched the song imo, nothing special to say about it however.

Outcome: I guess no one realistically expected a good rank, but 25th place again with 4 points was a bit harsh to me. After we were ranked higher in the odds after the dress rehearsals, I started hoping for a top 20 at least (which would have been an improvement) but no... We were again last in the televotes (remember 2012) and juries didn't help us that much, so that's it! Like every year, I hope this will encourage our delegation to send something worth a good result, that's maybe a vain wish. :?

AdilHassani

Sadly, I didn't liked this at all due to the lack of modernity and the style suited for her. She finished in my bottom 3 of 2015 and I was listening the album released of 2015 and I'm suprised to liking Reste as in general I'm not fan of her music. https://youtu.be/PhsXqyvbsV4

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
3 points - It got what it deserved since it's uneventful... who should have voted for it? - I guess no viewer back home would have minded it being ranked #20 or higher but still.. no one did care... At least, France gets it right nowadays!

ESC94

This was unfortunately one of my least favourite entries in 2015 and by far the weakest ballad that year. There was simply nothing interesting, neither the melody nor the voice, and Lisa had as much charisma on stage as a dry slice of toast. The background animation during her performance also didn´t impress me, it looked like from a cheap ego shooter. :confused:

The only reason I gave this :1: was that I could at least listen to this song without being totally annoyed. Luckily France has recovered and is on the right way, unlike other members of the BIG 5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom