8 3.1%

17 6.6%

41 16.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
France2.png

toinou03

Above all I hope it doesn't make too poor ratings because there will be the finals of The Voice on TF1...This year France 3 makes very few promotion... So I'm quite pessimistic, though it has gained popularity for people laughing at the contest on Twitter...
If it achieves too low ratings, we will withdraw, because after all, we take part only because it achieves rather good ratings. If not, France Télévision won't pay... All the more as there are very important cuttings in public television, and they are seemingly announced to be very important next year...

So pray for good ratings in France or we won't celebrate in 2014... :(

Krishoes

Celia

I'll pray for that too :( :fr: is one of my favourite countries in ESC. So underrated!

Quent91

If it achieves too low ratings, we will withdraw, because after all, we take part only because it achieves rather good ratings.

They said last year they would stay whatever happens, because they also are one of the few membres who created the contest.

NikkiBoy

I'm sure that Amandine Borugeois will be close to the top 10.
Maybe a 12-13 place???

Jim

France must do something to win finally in 2014! France has a great music industry and it fails every year. France chooses every time singers that even the French people don't know and songs that may be good but they don't appeal the other Europeans. I hope to see France as the winner in 2014!

toinou03

France has a great music industry
Really ???? :? :lol: Oh, I so so dislike what is done in France. Wether it's bad pop or it's hype intellectual songs... Very few good music ! :lol:

France chooses every time singers that even the French people don't know
Not since 2009. Well Sébastien Tellier had known music but he wasn't known by the wide audience. Patricia Kaas, Anggun and Amaury Vassili are very famous. Amandine is very well known (if you have seen Idols :lol:) Jessy Matador was less known but charted among youngsters and had a club hit. So since 2008, we have only personalities of French music industry and who has really done something ! :)

I hope to see France as the winner in 2014!
xcheers But sincerely, if we win in the nearest years, it will be an accident ! :lol: I'm every year surprised that someone accepted to go to Eurovision ! :lol:
But things are changing. Now, some known names contact France Télévisions to participate, which wasn't the case before ! :)

ZAZ (yes just dreaming)

Somehow, I don't want it for her because she's an amazing person, very friendly. She's just a twin sister of Amandine, somehow ! :) But believe it or not, people in France HATE her and laugh at her all the time. She's blacklisted on most TV shows and people always bash her on the internet. Comedians make fun of her. So I think it would be very hard for her to suffer Eurovision experience. That's what I hate with France. Zaz is the best known actual singer abroad and French people always say she does crap and have a painful voice, while she's awesome ! :)

Amel Bent

I think she would refuse would she been asked... I can't imagine her on Eurovision, though I really like her ! She has a great voice, is awesome and a very nice and funny girl ! :)
:lol: Her last role was in the add for Weight Watchers ! :lol:

Celia

Somehow, I don't want it for her because she's an amazing person, very friendly. She's just a twin sister of Amandine, somehow ! :) But believe it or not, people in France HATE her and laugh at her all the time. She's blacklisted on most TV shows and people always bash her on the internet. Comedians make fun of her. So I think it would be very hard for her to suffer Eurovision experience. That's what I hate with France. Zaz is the best known actual singer abroad and French people always say she does crap and have a painful voice, while she's awesome ! :)

No offense at all, but what's wrong with your people? xshrug I completely agree, she's amazing!

toinou03

No offense at all, but what's wrong with your people? xshrug I completely agree, she's amazing!

:lol: I don't know ! I don't understand it myself... It's people on TV... They don't like large successes... Zaz came out of nowhere with zero management and zero publicy and she sold millions of CDs... Large successes are always seen as something suspicious in France...

There is the same thing with Pascal Obispo for instance...

But it's a thing from Paris, you know... That's why in the French Music Awards, there are only people we don't know ! :lol: And that's why nobody watch it ! :lol:

toinou03

Celia, to illustrate what I tell you, she gave an interview to the AFP (French press Agency) for her 2nd album coming now. She was also on TV tonight after being absent for a very long time :
Zaz: "être heureux, c'est déjà un vrai acte politique" - Le Nouvel Observateur
I give you the most interisting part :

Her success has been also violent. Zaz was laughed at for her idealism, looks, clothes...
"Criticism, judging are good, it brings you forward. But criticism only mean, I can't understand. It hurt me a lot. I had the feeling I had to justify who I am, all the time", she says.
2 years ago, she said she wanted a long break, and she wasn't sure to feel like carrying on like this.
However Zaz disappeared only six months after her tour, to record her 2nd album.
Her concerts abroad made her wonderful : "Japan, Russia, Turkey, Poland, Czech Republicc, Bulgaria, Croatia, Ukraine, the USA, London". She speaks about a "crazy welcoming, almost more than in France".

(Then they speak about her enormous sellings, especially in Germany, and now she has success in South America and Africa).

Today, the young woman is 33 and said to be "calmed down" and "clear with herself".

(Eventually, they speak about her envolvement in charity and her dislike in being part of the mediatic circus. She sells goodies for an association for alternative economy and cooperation. :) )

Celia

Thanks so much for the article xlove it seems she's doing very well, so f*** haters!
I wouldn't like her to compete in ESC either now. French media would butcher her if she should fail :?

lowyby

I know this weird kind of musical behaviour, we in Belgium also start to hate/dislike acts when they start to do well in foreign countries, some examples:

Hadise, Kate Ryan, AnnaGrace, the first two WERE big Belgian stars but since their European succes, they have less succes in Belgium. When Kate Ryan releases a new single, we almost never know about it :s, it's mean though, it's like we're jealous on their international succes :(

toinou03

Anyway, this is the debut single of the 2nd album of Zaz ! :) A nice tune !

Krishoes

I love Zaz and here in Italy many people knows her song "Je veux"!

Celia

toinou03 I didn't recognize you with your new look! :mrgreen:
J'aime bien sa nouvelle chanson xheart

Top Bottom