14 5.4%

11 4.3%

8 3.1%

8 3.1%

17 6.6%

41 16.0%

• Total voters

gstt

We'd need an English translation and I'm sure it would do better than our last entries :mrgreen:

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

I'd also like to see Joyce Jonathan at ESC :) she has a style that we haven't heard from France recently :D

This girl is good also :D

toinou03

I've never heard about any of them :?

You don't know Joyce Jonathan ? :eek: You don't watch "L'amour est dans le pré" ? xrofl3 BTW she's über-boring...

I didn't know Margaux Avril but she's nice ! :)

But, please... NO CHEAP POP !!!!! :eek:

I prefer we are in the bottom with great French songs than being on the top with a piece of cheese or a stupid song !!!!

Quent91

mmmh I don't think so xthink Watching poor desperate single farmers trying to find love (and they are mocked all around the web) doesn't interest me xshrug

Stuff

I want french entries to stay french, though they can do some bilugual songs as well. They must perform french in gand finals but yes they need to make Other language versions available in itunes.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Yes

Daft+Punk+Random+Access+Memories.png

Okay, maybe not...

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
You don't know Joyce Jonathan ? :eek: You don't watch "L'amour est dans le pré" ? xrofl3 BTW she's über-boring...

I didn't know Margaux Avril but she's nice ! :)

But, please... NO CHEAP POP !!!!! :eek:

I prefer we are in the bottom with great French songs than being on the top with a piece of cheese or a stupid song !!!!

Thats why you must have Amanda Lear. Her pop is very expensive and avant-garde. It's reported that Amanda Lear is back in the studio recording more new material as well with an album expected in the Autumn (I cannot wait, I cannot wait, I cannot wait). I wonder if she'd do Eurovision? If she represented you at Eurovision I could die a happy man.. i'd never ask for anything again.

Amanda Lear at Eurovision would just be beyond words. She's the greatest living legendxyes

GRE

France is in a big danger of withdraw.
This year EBU convinced them to stay,
but their result was bad,also the ratings were bad (13%),
so i dont see a reason that could keep them in.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
I hope France doesn't withdraw...their songs this year and in 2011 were among my favourites. They don't mind taking chances, but unlike some other countries, the chances they take usually result in classy songs.

JEANP

I hope we won't withdraw or we will change of tv channel which broadcast the show, TF1 should broadcast it , it's the most viewed tv channel in France , In Mauritius they have also this channel.

But well the vote are politic but it's also based on performancce, voice and the song a on these facts we did not the rights choices.
We need to send consistent singer and song (Patricia Kaas, Jessy Matador and Amaury Vasili was greeat )

It's true that Joyce Jonhtan would be great representant for France.
I propose Matt Pokora a french singer of polish roots who waso ne of the three winer of the first version of popstar in France. He has a good voice and do great performance on stage.
or TAL a half israeli-french singer . A real good singer who have have already done a duo with Sean Paul and will do one with Flo-Rida
here a video of a duo of Tal and M pokora

Or OliviaRuiz I enjoy this singer.

Even everybody forget her , i also propose Miss Dominique (she lot a lot of weightshe is not physically anymore like in the video)

GWTW1939

France need to send a big ballad again, nobody does them better than France!!! Its been too long and its annoying to see other countries do them and score high while France flops. French ballads always have that extra something that adds more to them while others come off as generic and run of the mill. Natasha and Sandrine set the bar high in the early 2000 and other others just couldn't match them so they flopped. Unfortunately those flops seem to have scared them and they have been genre hopping drastically ever since.

The classic French entries of the past always had that French feeling no matter what genre they were but recent entries (as much as I love them) just don't. In my opinion the most French France has been in the last 5 years was Patricia and Jessy so its no surprise to me those two have done the best while the others flopped. Only reason you can point to the French entries these days is because they stick out like a sore thumb and apparently not in a good way.

Look at Italy they got no problem being classically Italian and they seem to be rewarded on both ends so France need to do the same. They can experiment genres (as they have always done) but at the same time shouldn't sacrifice the cultural French feeling.

toinou03

France need to send a big ballad again, nobody does them better than France!!! Its been too long and its annoying to see other countries do them and score high while France flops. French ballads always have that extra something that adds more to them while others come off as generic and run of the mill. Natasha and Sandrine set the bar high in the early 2000 and other others just couldn't match them so they flopped. Unfortunately those flops seem to have scared them and they have been genre hopping drastically ever since.

The classic French entries of the past always had that French feeling no matter what genre they were but recent entries (as much as I love them) just don't. In my opinion the most French France has been in the last 5 years was Patricia and Jessy so its no surprise to me those two have done the best while the others flopped. Only reason you can point to the French entries these days is because they stick out like a sore thumb and apparently not in a good way.

Look at Italy they got no problem being classically Italian and they seem to be rewarded on both ends so France need to do the same. They can experiment genres (as they have always done) but at the same time shouldn't sacrifice the cultural French feeling.

Actually, I find Amandine and Amaury very French as well, but maybe foreign people don't identify us in this genre ! :) Tenors like Amaury Vassili are amond those who sell most discs. :) AS for Amandine, she's quite unique in France, but I find her really French. As I alraedy said, I identify her with people like Zaz... Only Anggun proposed something really not French. I think she wouldn't released Echo as a single in France normally. And it's so different from the 1st excerpt she released of her album... Sébastien Tellier and Les Fatals Picards also released something very French ! :)

AS for ballads... The kind of ballads of 2001-2003 are seen as something really dated in France. And somehow, we only see these in Eurovision, no ? Actually singers like Julie Zenatti (who is steel among the possible names of the future) in women or Emmanuel Moire (rumored in 2010) in men, would be possible artists to sing one... But this kind of music fail to find any public, except if it's sung by Céline Dion ! :D But I doubt we see her in Eurovision again ! :lol:

Now ballad singers go softer. As an example I love this song ! But it flopped big time ! And Chimène Badi abandonned this album to make gospel music in English which sells a lot in France... Poor Chimène is really laughed at in France also, said to be fat and ugly... xcry2 But I love her so much... :)

But as I said, despite what fans may think, we must escape from cheap pop and chose great French pop, even if it brings up low places. No one can compare Amandine Bourgeois's fate to Virginie Pouchain's one...

dizzydjc

You see, I think France need to send something modern and fresh. By that, I don't mean what they sent in 2012 which was a mess.

I'm thinking along the lines of 2010 with Jessy Matador. Maybe send someone like M Pokora or a Guetta produced track. I am sure the french language isn't the problem, it's that they sent boring songs (let's be honest here).

Of course, it's the 2014 World Cup next year and so France might do something similar to what they did in 2010. I'm hoping so anyway.

DanielLuis

I think France withdrawing would be a disaster. I really hope it doesnt happen. France has so much potential, I think you could win easily!

toinou03

You see, I think France need to send something modern and fresh. By that, I don't mean what they sent in 2012 which was a mess.

I'm thinking along the lines of 2010 with Jessy Matador. Maybe send someone like M Pokora or a Guetta produced track. I am sure the french language isn't the problem, it's that they sent boring songs (let's be honest here).

Of course, it's the 2014 World Cup next year and so France might do something similar to what they did in 2010. I'm hoping so anyway.

The problem is that we don't do Scandinavian pop... Neither do Italy and Spain if I'm correct. And most of what stays in the very few uptempo we produce is extremely crappy... But well, since French fans decided the lyrics of "L'Enfer et moi", written by the best French pop songwriter with poetry and double-entendre, were crappy, maybe Keen V has become a great poet for them with his lyrics I can't understand because they are full of slang and grammar errors...

Finally, in this genre, M Pokora, Shy'm and Tal are the only names, and are all three capable singers. Shy'm and Tal are great live... But they wouldn't go to Eurovision I think... And if we go downhill there, we will find some Ortal, and... please NOOOOOO ! :lol:

Top Bottom