14 5.4%

11 4.3%

8 3.1%

8 3.1%

17 6.6%

41 16.0%

• Total voters

ESC94

Like most other members of the BIG 5, :fr: experienced a huge decline when it comes to their results at the contest since the introduction of televoting, but unlike :de: or :uk: they didn´t finish last. Well, this series ended in 2014, and I have to say it was really deserved. :(

That year, they sent the group Twin Twin with the song "Moustache". The song reminded me a lot of "Papaoutai" by Stromae, but since I didn´t like this song at all I found it difficult to like this song. I really tried my best, but I failed miserably. It started to get on my nerves very quickly and soon these three minutes felt like thirty to me!!

The live performance was a huge mess to me, it looked really chaotic and uncoordinated and their vocals sounded also quite off to me. The background with all those colourful lights and the moustaches looked really strange as well and let this song completely appear like a joke entry. Well, seemingly Europe didn´t get this joke and the country got its worst result ever. At this point it really looked like :fr: gave up and saw the contest as a complete joke which was not worth trying to do well in. Luckily times have changed a bit since France 2 is responsible for the contest.

Anyway, for me this was really the worst song :fr: ever sent to the contest, there was really nothing I liked about it. I gave :1: to this trainwreck, the only reason I didn´t give :0: was that there were still two songs I liked even less, but that´s another story.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
I fully agree with everything. A fat big :0: from me, though, I heavily disliked it straight from the beginning. It's simply trashy, cheap and annoying.

I can totally understand why the Big 5 rule is important (the point of view from broadcasters, the EBU, record labels, artists, sponsors) but such entries are simply outrageous. Whenever I hear entries such as Electro Velvet, Twin Twin, Levina or Manuel, I always think that how unfair it is that these horrible entries took slots for other songs which didn't qualify.

This is probably the worst French entry to date.

ESC94

I fully agree with everything. A fat big :0: from me, though, I heavily disliked it straight from the beginning. It's simply trashy, cheap and annoying.

I can totally understand why the Big 5 rule is important (the point of view from broadcasters, the EBU, record labels, artists, sponsors) but such entries are simply outrageous. Whenever I hear entries such as Electro Velvet, Twin Twin, Levina or Manuel, I always think that how unfair it is that these horrible entries took slots for other songs which didn't qualify.

This is probably the worst French entry to date.

Completely agree with everything, interestingly only :it: didn´t send any atrocities so far. Hopefully they keep their good record.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
When I saw in 2014 we had a mini-nf with this song in I thought "no way people will vote for this, unless they take trolling to the next level and stop to care about ESC altogether" well guess what.
It was the first time I was truly ashamed by our entry :lol: Good side would be the uptempo and fun aspect which we rarely send, but I cringed so much listening to it for this to save my opinion about this entry.

Top Bottom