22 10.7%

13 6.3%

21 10.2%

4 1.9%

4 1.9%

16 7.8%

• Total voters

GWTW1939

Going back to the beginning does anyone think that old style chanson Anne Marie David tried to enter with could have actually done decent this year? I mean when you consider how the juries were voting this year it doesn't really sound that crazy. xthinkxshrug The jury has shown bias towards some old fashioned ballads sung by big voices so who knows.

It would have been interesting to see how Anne Marie would have done when you also consider their best success in the last 10 years was a old style chanson that mainly placed top 10 due to the jury, and before that it was Sandrine and Natasha with BIG ballads. So perhaps next year France should try the BIG French ballad again, they haven't done that in awhile.

toinou03

Going back to the beginning does anyone think that old style chanson Anne Marie David tried to enter with could have actually done decent this year? I mean when you consider how the juries were voting this year it doesn't really sound that crazy. xthinkxshrug The jury has shown bias towards some old fashioned ballads sung by big voices so who knows.

It would have been interesting to see how Anne Marie would have done when you also consider their best success in the last 10 years was a old style chanson that mainly placed top 10 due to the jury, and before that it was Sandrine and Natasha with BIG ballads. So perhaps next year France should try the BIG French ballad again, they haven't done that in awhile.

Anne-Marie David ? :eek: :eek: :eek:

NO WAY !!!!

She's such a disgrace. And nobody knows her in France... Shenharrass France 3 to give her a chance to participate in Eurovision every year... She does'nt need any attention...

Jopi

She wasn't bad at all.. She deserved more points.. There were many worse songs.

Pako

I'm afraid the new voting system killed her. I'm not sure about the juries votes but if we look at the case of Italy and San Marino more closely :

San Marino - Only the jury voted : 8 pts to France
Italy : Televotes revealed : France 26th

I know I can't make a rule about only separated results, but let's say the public put France 26th in every country and Jurys to a decent place, like 7th (4pts). With the new voting system, France has no chance to ever get into top 10 of any country, even if it would have been ~top 5 with the jury (4*39 = 150+ pts).

I'm not sure about it but I'm more and more thinking that France may have finished into jury's top 10.

Anyway, that was an incredible performance from Amandine, even if I expected a bad result, I was hoping for a big surprise, because she deserved it.

Celia

I agree, I think televoting screwed her while the juries possibly ranked her higher.

Milos-BC

She is definetly very underrated. My opinion about the song improved a lot after the live performance, and, tbh, I expected more support from the juries, if anything.

Hopefully :fr: doesn't pull out :( I liked all your entries from 2009 until 2013.

Pako

Swedish jury's result :

Swedish jury voting revealed

France 10th, combined result = 0 pts.

Danish jury's result :

Denmark: DR reveals jury votes | esctoday.com | your daily eurovision centre

France 8th place, while Danish televote + jury combined gave 0pts

Norway's jury's result :

Norway publishes the top ten of the jury votes | esctoday.com | your daily eurovision centre

France 4th place, televote + jury : 0 pts. <== Basically with previous system, this couldn't happens D:

So yeah, I'm pretty sure France got a decent (Maybe a great) ranking on jury's side.

Celia

I hope Amandine sees this. She needs to know the profesionals loved her!

Impressive

Banned
This song is grown on me.

Before the contest: my 7th - 10th fav somewhere
Quick after the show: 4th, 7th fav somewhere
now, in my top 3 for that lovely song xlove
Sorry Anouk, there is no more place in my top 3 :( But this is fabilous... She did her best. Shame on Europe and SVT to put her 1st staging.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Swedish jury's result :

Swedish jury voting revealed

France 10th, combined result = 0 pts.

Danish jury's result :

Denmark: DR reveals jury votes | esctoday.com | your daily eurovision centre

France 8th place, while Danish televote + jury combined gave 0pts

Norway's jury's result :

Norway publishes the top ten of the jury votes | esctoday.com | your daily eurovision centre

France 4th place, televote + jury : 0 pts. <== Basically with previous system, this couldn't happens D:

So yeah, I'm pretty sure France got a decent (Maybe a great) ranking on jury's side.

I am thinking the same. the new voting system probably screwed over Amandine and France big time. It was definitely in my personal Top 10 that night so I was quite unhappy with the outcome.

Impressive

Banned
In my honest tastes, this perfect song's studio version is not as good as live performance. I mean since I met the song, I always was in the side of live. My first impression with L'enfer et moi was wtih the studio version, one day before the grand final and I just though myself "This is not that bad but there could be something better. That old-fashioned style sort of bothers me". When Amandine Bourgeois performed at final, I was just like; "Huh? This is amazing! It must definitely take Top 5!" and the songs came and gone and came and gone, after all, France was still one of my favourite performances. If I had a chance, I would vote for France, Denmark and Grece. So on, the results came and just like Ortal's result, underrated as horribly level. After almost one month later, I still listen to live version from Eurovision. Amandine Bourgeois was just pretty and she did her best. Shame on SVT to put her first placing and Europe to not vote for robbed her.

ESCfan

Today I woke up and had a big desire to hear that masterpiece!!!!I can't stop pushing the replay button!

I still can't understand the low place of Amandine's piece of art!!!:confused:

toinou03

Amandine Bourgeois has unveiled she will release a cover album in November. The songs will feature all the kind of songs she sang in Nouvelle Star, like "Knocking on heaven's door"...

In France, everybody release cover albums because the labels don't want to release new material from you if you don't sell enough and if you don't release before a cover album, because it's seen as bankable... Covers are the only thing you can listen to on the radio and cover singers are the only singers invited on TV... Don't talk about a lack of creativity... For instance, for now, everyone is focused on the cover album of France Gall by Jenifer, and the polemic because France Gall said she wans't aware of the project and dot dot dot...

Somehow, this is very sad because Amandine's career is taking a catstrophic turn. She will make around 5 free concerts in small towns on this summer, and nothing follows "L'Enfer et moi" because things are made in France so that she's completely trapped... I don't know what will follow. Eurovision has benefitted to former entrants since 2007. Amaury Vassili and Anggun are now enjoying big success after a calm following year so wait and see

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Amandine Bourgeois has unveiled she will release a cover album in November. The songs will feature all the kind of songs she sang in Nouvelle Star, like "Knocking on heaven's door"...

In France, everybody release cover albums because the labels don't want to release new material from you if you don't sell enough and if you don't release before a cover album, because it's seen as bankable... Covers are the only thing you can listen to on the radio and cover singers are the only singers invited on TV... Don't talk about a lack of creativity... For instance, for now, everyone is focused on the cover album of France Gall by Jenifer, and the polemic because France Gall said she wans't aware of the project and dot dot dot...

Somehow, this is very sad because Amandine's career is taking a catstrophic turn. She will make around 5 free concerts in small towns on this summer, and nothing follows "L'Enfer et moi" because things are made in France so that she's completely trapped... I don't know what will follow. Eurovision has benefitted to former entrants since 2007. Amaury Vassili and Anggun are now enjoying big success after a calm following year so wait and see
I hope it's gonna be all alright for her. She deserves it. And yeah I know that Jenifer released France Gall covers album but I don't understand why since she's made an amazing succes with her latest album in France?! :?

12Points

Anggun enjoying big success, i thought her career is having landslide downfall in France :confused:

DanielLuis

In my honest tastes, this perfect song's studio version is not as good as live performance. I mean since I met the song, I always was in the side of live. My first impression with L'enfer et moi was wtih the studio version, one day before the grand final and I just though myself "This is not that bad but there could be something better. That old-fashioned style sort of bothers me". When Amandine Bourgeois performed at final, I was just like; "Huh? This is amazing! It must definitely take Top 5!" and the songs came and gone and came and gone, after all, France was still one of my favourite performances. If I had a chance, I would vote for France, Denmark and Grece. So on, the results came and just like Ortal's result, underrated as horribly level. After almost one month later, I still listen to live version from Eurovision. Amandine Bourgeois was just pretty and she did her best. Shame on SVT to put her first placing and Europe to not vote for robbed her.

When San Marino gave her 8 points I was hopeful it could do well.
What a disappointment!

toinou03

Anggun enjoying big success, i thought her career is having landslide downfall in France :confused:

Well, it's not like the time of "La Neige au Sahara" but I think that after Eurovision and the album "Echos" we have never seen her that much on TV. She has featured many programs and now is well recognized. Which means it's still very useful to go to Eurovision... But as for Amandine... She's still on tour... We will se what will go on afterwards...

But what I meant is that her career didn't crash after her poor performance in Eurovision, on the contrary she has been invited to collaborate on a lot of projects, including Thérèse with Natasha St-Pier. And Echoes was her album which charted hughest after 2005 Luminescence (with Cesse la pluie and Être une femme), though the Eurovision song is not on the album ! xrofl3
So I think we can say that Eurovision gave a new life to Anggun in France ! :)

12Points

Well, it's not like the time of "La Neige au Sahara" but I think that after Eurovision and the album "Echos" we have never seen her that much on TV. She has featured many programs and now is well recognized. Which means it's still very useful to go to Eurovision... But as for Amandine... She's still on tour... We will se what will go on afterwards...

But what I meant is that her career didn't crash after her poor performance in Eurovision, on the contrary she has been invited to collaborate on a lot of projects, including Thérèse with Natasha St-Pier. And Echoes was her album which charted hughest after 2005 Luminescence (with Cesse la pluie and Être une femme), though the Eurovision song is not on the album ! xrofl3
So I think we can say that Eurovision gave a new life to Anggun in France ! :)

What do you mean when you said the Eurovision song is not on the album :confused: , so Echo (You and I) doesn't included on Echos :confused:, i thought it's included on that album :confused: (that's what i know from the Wikipedia :cool: )

toinou03

It wasn't on the intitial French version. It is only on the international version :)

Top Bottom