Contact us

Forum Upgrade - Donation thread

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
a.png
b.png

tuorem

[MENTION=4377]AlekS[/MENTION] You're not alone. I tried any means I had, even asked friends, and still couldn't get Paypal to work. :( #CertifiedFlop

Unidentified superior entities must work against me I swear.

tuorem

[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] We are still too reliant on the barter economy in some parts of the world it seems :D

Courtzer

Joined the patreon and also donated 10$ via paypal
Well worth it for a great service
Imma try be more active on here to make this worth it instead of just lurking like I usually do

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I want to thank everyone that has been contributing and I can give you an update on the progress. We have received $277 so far which is wonderful and we are more than halfway there. As said, I will cover some of the costs out-of pocket but if there are any other users who would like to contribute, it would be greatly appreciated. The good news is that we can start the process soon as we have enough funds to purchase the product, now we just got to cover the labor cost. Thanks again everyone!!!!!

Lindon

Dear Matt, another 25 EUR on the way.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
[MENTION=4377]AlekS[/MENTION] You're not alone. I tried any means I had, even asked friends, and still couldn't get Paypal to work. :( #CertifiedFlop

Unidentified superior entities must work against me I swear.

Actually I had trouble as well, had to reset my password and it turns out it requires you to use a symbol like !#@^ :?

Loindici

Veteran
I want to send some but it ain't easy for me i guess

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Thank you Trece for fixing some of the major issues we have had e.g. Private Messages. Like button etc. We still have several other issues with avatars, new user registration, personal settings and other behind the scenes stuff and it's only a matter of time until we run into these issues again. So we still need to upgrade to fix these issues and to make sure that we are set for years to come.

I am THRILLED to announce that we have reached 93% of our goal so that means we will can pay for the software and the manpower to make it happen. I am eternally grateful for all of your support and that we can become an even better forum and I will do my part to make sure that I am going to do my part.

So the upgrade has started and we are in the process of installing the new forum. That process will take about a week and at that point we will start working on the layout and we'll try to come up with something that is close to what we have right now so just hang in tight. In the meantime, some of the reported issues may continue to exist:

- Users are having issues changing avatars and/or signatures. If that's the case, feel free to reach out to me and I will do it for you
- Users being frequently logged out of the forum and have to sign in again. I know, it's a pain but this I can't fix
- New User Registratrion issues. I have heard from some folks that they can't register. this seems to be sporadic and that will be fixed as soon as we upgraded to 5.0.

There are a few more so let me know if anything else comes up so that I can check it out in the test environment.

Again, i would like to thank everyone who contributed, it really made a HUGE difference. I want to thank the new patreons which will help cover some of the hosting costs that just doubled as of last month. I will address that in a separate post to see how to handle it going forward. So while I encourage people to sign up just for a dollar or so but no need to make any donations via paypal for now.

foldpaw

I am grateful to see that there are more kind and truthful people in this community.

• Like It
Reactions: Neo
Top Bottom