Contact us

Football Teams You Hate/Dislike

pjelacki

Alright, getting to the SF of the Europa League is not bad at all. But your club is still a joke when you're pretending to be a big club, yet the only thing you manage to achieve is one semifinal in the Europa League and ZERO times qualified for the Champions League.

We are not a big club. And I'm not motivated to convince anyone of the opposite since that fact is entirely fine with me regardless of what other folks might pretend to be. And besides, Red Bull has never provided "big club" style budget. More than what is available to anyone else in Austria, sure, but not by far enough to be a serious threat for the big guns under normal conditions. I believe the annual budget has never been more than a quarter of what some sheikh recently spent on Neymar.

The club needs to take a look in the mirror when you try 11 times and you can't even qualify once.

That's exactly what everyone is doing.

But you shouldn't be dwelling in the past for too long either. RB Salzburg (and Rapid) need to focus on their upcoming Europa League campaigns to take a lot of points so we can reclaim 11th place in the 5 years' ranking. ;)

Rapid has a way better attendance than RB. I looked it up and Rapid has an attendance of 19,000 compared to Salzburg's 7,500. Sturm has a better attendance as well. You're right about the others, I have to admit that. The fact that Salzburg has 150,000 residents means nothing at all. There are 17 out of 18 clubs here in the Dutch Eredivisie who have a better attendance than 7,500. A lot of those clubs are from towns that have less than 150,000 residents. Even in the First Division you'll find quite a lot of clubs with the same statistic.

Rapid's attendance is about 2-3 times higher but that's in a city that has 12 times the population of Salzburg. And their venue Allianz Stadion can fit more than 19,000 so it's not like every match is sold out.

Attendances are atrocious all over Austria (and would become even worse if you somehow removed RB Salzburg). It's a shame that the closest thing to a Clásico that we have over here (Salzburg v Rapid) fails to attract more than 12,000 people, while there are matches in Germany's 3. Bundesliga that attract over 40,000. What the hell.

I know very well that they host their games in Salzburg and what their club is doing, so that is not a terrible example at all.

It would be a non-terrible example if those 10,000 people actually had to travel out of town. More than 2,000 away fans came to last year's Europa League 1/8 final in Dortmund which in fact I'd consider to be more impressive than that. We are talking about matches that qualify as "match of the year" in both cases too so the situation is very much comparable (although 200 Austria fans probably make 10 times the noise of 2000 RB fans ... but still)

DutchSuomiFan

We are not a big club. And I'm not motivated to convince anyone of the opposite since that fact is entirely fine with me regardless of what other folks might pretend to be. And besides, Red Bull has never provided "big club" style budget. More than what is available to anyone else in Austria, sure, but not by far enough to be a serious threat for the big guns under normal conditions. I believe the annual budget has never been more than a quarter of what some sheikh recently spent on Neymar.

That's exactly what everyone is doing.

But you shouldn't be dwelling in the past for too long either. RB Salzburg (and Rapid) need to focus on their upcoming Europa League campaigns to take a lot of points so we can reclaim 11th place in the 5 years' ranking. ;)

Rapid's attendance is about 2-3 times higher but that's in a city that has 12 times the population of Salzburg. And their venue Allianz Stadion can fit more than 19,000 so it's not like every match is sold out.

Attendances are atrocious all over Austria (and would become even worse if you somehow removed RB Salzburg). It's a shame that the closest thing to a Clásico that we have over here (Salzburg v Rapid) fails to attract more than 12,000 people, while there are matches in Germany's 3. Bundesliga that attract over 40,000. What the hell.

It would be a non-terrible example if those 10,000 people actually had to travel out of town. More than 2,000 away fans came to last year's Europa League 1/8 final in Dortmund which in fact I'd consider to be more impressive than that. We are talking about matches that qualify as "match of the year" in both cases too so the situation is very much comparable (although 200 Austria fans probably make 10 times the noise of 2000 RB fans ... but still)

Alright, let's agree to disagree;). I think we should stop here, we're not going to agree with each other, that's alright:). I think it's better to go on-topic again!

Top Bottom