Contact us

Football: domestic leagues

ParadiseES

We have threads for UEFA Champions League, Europa League, Euro 2012,.. etc.... but we didn't have for domestic leagues, so here it is to comment all the matches :D

Liga BBVA - Spain

Barcelona 0-2 Hércules
I couldn't believe.... I mean... Hércules just came to first league, hello?? and it could've been even worse. Well, I know Hércules made a great team for such a small team (they even brought Trezeget :shock:), but anyway they defeated Barça in their own field. I hope this will mean Barça will not win the league again :D

Valencia 1-0 Racing
No surprises here. Valencia is much stronger than Racing, but they had a difficult work and now they are co-leader. They seem to keep strong despite they lost their stars (Villa and Silva).

Real Madrid 1-0 Osasuna
Once again Real Madrid didn't give a good image and I don't remember when they offered a good play. There are a huge rivalry between Real Madrid and Osasuna, but anyway Madrid is way bigger team and they should've won more than 1-0.

Athletic Bilbao 1-2 Atlético Madrid
A pity I was working then and couldn't watch this live as this was the only free match... I love how both teams play and they are among the strongest teams in Spain right now if you ask me. Athletic couldn't do anything and it seems we won't see another Atlético's flop cause that would be a shame having Agüero and Forlán.

Today:
17:00 Zaragoza - Málaga
17:00 Getafe - Levante
17:00 Sp. Gijón - Mallorca
19:00 Villarreal - Español
21:00 Sevilla - Deportivo

Monday:
21:00 Almería - Real Sociedad

No Name

Yaay, great initiative, Pablo! I thought about opening up a similar thread but it was my impression that most people here only care about national football-teams.

By the way, I watched the match between Hercules and Barcelona yesterday evening. That was really an amazing effort by Hercules! Not the greatest way for Barcelona to warm up for their match against Panathinaikos in Champions League. :lol:

Since Michael Laudrup is currently in charge of Mallorca I really hope they can create some kind of good result. I wish him all the best. He has commented that Spain is his 2nd home-country so I hope he will have succes in Mallorca. Hopefully he will take over the job as coach for the Danish national team some day..:D

1B04BD80-47F7-4352-89C0-EE070E86D4D0

In Superligaen we had two matches saturday. FCK had to prove that they were in good shape before we're going to meet Rubin Kazan in Champions League this tuesday. OB on the other hand is going to meet Getafe in Europe League this wednesday so both teams had to prove themselves before the European matches:

FCK - Silkeborg 2-2
Silkeborg is one of teams placed in the bottom half of the table so this was a match we had to win to give a proper impression before our important game against Rubin Kazan. Things didn't go that way and Silkeborg sensationally managed to win in Parken. Definitely not the best way to play a match either before an important match in Champions League :mad:..I guess there aren't much more to say about this match other than pointing out that we're still comfortably leading the league.

OB - FC Nordsjælland 0-1
Major disappointment by OB. OB has been predicted one of the favourite for a top-spot in the table but OB played like a team in 1.division (the 2nd best league in Denmark, red.), definitely not a team that is ready to meet Getafe next week.

Matches today:

14:00: Aab - AC Horsens
16:00: Esbjerg FB - Lyngby BK
18:00 Brøndby IF - Sønderjyske

Tomorrow:

19:00: FC Midtjylland - Randers FC

Full table (will be updated after sunday's matches):

superliga.png

ParadiseES

^
Yes, as Real Madrid supporter I have a great respect and admiration on Michael Laudrup and he's so respected by almost every football supporter here. I'm not sure about what he can do in Mallorca, cause as far as I know they have deep economical problems there (they qualified for Europa League and were kicked out by UEFA because of their economics), so I think it will be so difficult to make more than an average season... :?

No Name

^
Yes, as Real Madrid supporter I have a great respect and admiration on Michael Laudrup and he's so respected by almost every football supporter here. I'm not sure about what he can do in Mallorca, cause as far as I know they have deep economical problems there (they qualified for Europa League and were kicked out by UEFA because of their economics), so I think it will be so difficult to make more than an average season... :?

Yes, I doubt he's aiming at a top-position in La Liga right now but after his failed attempt in Lokomotiv Moscow I think this is the best way for him to built up a career as coach again. Russia just wasn't his thing. He's supposed to stay in one of the southern European leagues and the Spanish way of playing football suits him the best. Premier League wouldn't be his thing either. After he succeeded with Getafe a couple of seasons ago he will now start from scratch again with Mallorca. That is his first step and then maybe he can some day climb for a bigger team, in a distant future maybe even Barcelona or Real Madrid? He loves both clubs so...:p

goktengri

Banned
Spor Toto Super Lig

fenerbahce-spor-toto-super-lig-in-en-pahali-takimi.jpg

September 10:

Bursaspor 2 - 1 Eskişehirspor

September 11:

Konyaspor 1 - 1 Bucaspor
Kayserispor 2 - 0 Fenerbahçe :(
Beşiktaş 4 - 0 Ankaragücü
Manisaspor 1 - 2 MP Antalyaspor

September 13: ( There is no any matches on Sunday cause of Referendum)

Trabzonspor - Sivasspor
Kasımpaşa - Karabükspor
Galatasaray - Gaziantep
Genclerbirligi - Istanbul BB

28i27v5.jpg

Last edited:

ParadiseES

Zaragoza 3-5 Málaga :mad::mad::mad:
I was like wtf when just after 30 minutes we were losing 0-5 at home. This was too weird and the season will not be always like this, but.... heeeyy it was Málaga!! I wonder what will happen when Real Madrid or Barcelona will come here... :? That's what happens after the clubf f*cked their economics making a supposed team to CHampions League to end up in Second League, going on spending a lot with no reason at all and now when we need to spend money they decide to save.... Result: a joke team, not ambitious at all...

Getafe 4-1 Levante
No surprises here cause Levante is probably the weakest team this year. They tried at first, but even Getafe, who is not a super team either, defeated them so easily.

Sp. Gijón 2-0 Mallorca
Mallorca was never a good team away and this year doesn't have the same super team they had last year. ANd Sporting with a modest team another year deserved to win with no doubts.

Villarreal 4-0 Español
I thought I was sure that Villarreal was going to leave their few gold times to be again a village team as they always were, but it seems I was wrong. They didn't play that good, but they just have a great team and don't wanna give up.

Sevilla 0-0 Deportivo
I don't know what's happening with Sevilla, but things are not going well for them. They have one of the best teams, but for some reasons it's not working properly or at least not always. They did a good match and deserved to win against a weak Deportivo, but surprisingly were not able to score despite they tried a lot.

Ranking
1- Atlético de Madrid 6
2- Valencia 6
3- Sevilla 4
4- Real Madrid 4

5- Villarreal 3
6- Getafe 3

7- Barcelona 3
8- Hércules 3
9- Real Sociedad 3 *
10- Málaga 3
11- Athletic Bilbao 3
12- Español 3
13- Sp. Gijón
14- Deportivo 2
15- Almería 1 *
16- Osasuna 1
17- Zaragoza 1

18- Mallorca 1
19- Racing 0
20- Levante 0

*One match less

Interrail

I agree with Isabella, Serbian domestic league is not worth mentioning, too. I think there is no league actually...lol. There r Partizan and Red Star who r clubs, and others...I'm not sure if they're clubs or what, the whole domestic league is just a joke.

lucian-crusher

Here are the most important results this round:

Unirea Urziceni 1-0 Steaua Bucharest
Probably the bigest surprise in our league this year. Unirea had an odd of 8 at betting. If you would've beted on Hercules and Unirea to win against FC Barcelona and Barcelona of the East (Steaua) you would've got a 96 odd and become a milionaire :lol:
If Steaua lost against the weakest team in our league than Liverpool will give us 10-0 on Thursday :lol:

Rapid Bucharest 2-0 CFR 1907 Cluj
Our champions are playing bad, bad, bad, bad....

FC Brasov 2-2 Dinamo Bucharest
Well, Dinamo has the best attack and the worst defence in our league. They are a crazy team. They scored 23 goals and received 16 goals in 7 rounds.

Astra Ploiesti 1-1 FC Timisoara
Petrovic turned Timisoara in the draw champions. They are the only undefeated team in our league but they only won twice in 7 rounds.

I love how our table looks now, after 7 rounds, because Bucharest is back on top :D

1. Dinamo Bucharest 14
2. Rapid Bucharest 14
3. Steaua Bucharest 14
4. ,,U" Cluj 13
5. Otelul Galati 13
6. Gaz Metan Medias 11
7. FC Timisoara 11
8. FC Brasov 9
9. Unirea Urziceni 9
10. Gloria Bistrita 8
11. SC Vaslui 8
12. CFR 1907 Cluj 8
13. Sportul Studentesc Bucharest 7
14. FCM Targu Mures 7
15. Universitatea Craiova 6
16. Pandurii Targu Jiu 6
17. Astra Ploiesti 5
18. Victoria Branesti 5

Last edited:

No Name

I think I'm already in love with this thread! :mrgreen: So interesting to hear about the leagues in Europe from people's own point of view. I watch a lot of Spanish football and apart from Superligaen I'm also very engaged in Premier League and La Liga.

However I only know little about the Turkish and Romanian league so in that way this thread is going to contribute a lot. :p

And after today's match here are all of the results of round 8 in Superligaen:

resultater.png

FC København - Silkeborg IF 2-2
OB - FC Nordsjælland 0-1
Aab - AC Horsens 2-3
Esbjerg FB - Lyngby BK 2-3
Brøndby IF - Sønderjyske 3-1
FC Midtjylland - Randers FC 1-1

All in all a week full of goals

I'm especially happy about tonight's match between FC Midtjylland and Randers FC. Fortunately they tied so nothing is changed for us in the top, we're still 4 points ahead FC Midtjylland. xdance

superliga.png

By the way, Aab was in Champions League in 2008...they are now heading for 1.division together with Silkeborg..:lol:

And after 8 rounds here are the top-scorers so far:

topscorer.png

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
I like only Shakhtar & Dnipro. Other than that - I hate all coaches and majority of players. I can't wait when Euro 2012 ends and we can fire a lot of officials here because they ruin our league.

lucian-crusher

Football is unfair sometimes! Unirea Urziceni was our champion two seasons ago and made 8 points in UEFA Champions League. Now they are in bankrupcy, Steaua took all players from them and we loaned them our reserve team and they still won against us. Practically Steaua reserves won against Steaua's first team :((

Milos-BC

Partizan is currently #1 in the Serbian league with all victories. And it is almost certain that Partizan will remain the Serbian champion this year as well :D

ParadiseES

Last match in Spain

Almería 2-2 Real Sociedad
Almería saved a tie "in extremis" today, so it can be considered a good result for both. As I knew it, Real Sociedad returned to first league willing to be the big team they used to be historically many years ago, but does it also mean that Almería is returning down to earth, so out of first class? We'll see, but I think Almería is one of the "faves" for last places...

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
We're back to the 90s in Norway. Drillo is leading the NT again, and Nils Arne Eggen is back in charge at Rosenborg, who's won the league 13 times with him in charge. And they're winning again this year as well, with 7 matches left, they're 7 points ahead of Vålerenga (my team), and 13 points ahead of Tromsø in 3rd. One of the remaining matches is Rosenborg-Vålerenga tho, and if Enga wins that match, there might be hope for winning the league, but seeing how Rosenborg has only lost 1 match in the last 2 seasons (against Start in the 27th match last season), I don't think there's any hope left. We'll most likely finish 2nd tho, even after selling the league top scorer Moa to Hannover recently.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Yeah, I do. And I've never even lived in Oslo. :p

It's all because of Rosenborg tho. They won the league 13 years in a row (1992-2004), and somewhere in the middle of that streak, I got tired of Norwegian football. It wasn't a question of who would win the league, it was a question of how early Rosenborg would do it. But in 1997, something happened. Vålerenga was playing in the cup final, and we have a tradition of cup final songs in Norway. Vålerenga's was based on the Chumbawamba hit "Tubthumping", and I liked it immediately. And I decided to cheer for Enga in that match, and they won. :D And I've been with them thru ups and downs ever since (relegated once, league champion once). :)

lucian-crusher

First matches of the 8th round in Liga I:

Gaz Metan Medias - ,,U" Cluj 3 - 1
Two good teams, but ,,U" Cluj used the reserves team because in the next round they will play the game every suporter awaits, against their rivals CFR Cluj. Gaz Metan are a good team, not a strong one, but they play good football. It realy pays of for being patient and keeping the same coach for 4 years, even if they relegated once with him. The Brazilian player Eric scored two goals and is the top scorer of the league now, but it realy anoys me that now they want to give him Romanian citizenship and play for our national team when he can't even speak our language.

Victoria Branesti - Pandurii Targu Jiu 2 - 0
Pandurii are still celebrating their victory against Universitatea Craiova in the derby of Oltenia last round. Victoria Branesti are a big surprise this season as they are the first team from a village playing in Liga I.

Universitatea Craiova - Rapid Bucharest 1 - 1
The referee ruined this game when he gave an unfair penalty to Rapid, Craiova should've won. Anyway Rapid only has one point ahead of us now, and if Steaua wins on Monday we will be on top of the league! :D

No Name

I thought it would be cool to use this thread for other than just results of the league.

Tomorrow is a big derby-day for me. Most of you would think that I'm only referring to Manchester United-Liverpool, but there is a lot more important match going on for me tomorrow. It has been named "The new firm" by many Danish football-experts and always attracts way more viewers than in any of our European matches. This derby is always sold out and there are several reasons on that.

Although it is hard I will now try to explain the hate, the rivalry, and differences between these two clubs. I hope you will enjoy it:mrgreen:. It is the ultimate battle of Copenhagen, it iiiiiiisss:

fck-bif_eftaar2007.jpg

FC København - Brøndby IF

History:

I will try to do this part very briefly.

Let's start with Brøndby. Brøndby is one of the most winning clubs in Danish football of all time. During the 90's they were unbeatable and every other team feared them. They won the league almost every single year and they also reached had succeeded majorly outside the Danish borders. Back then Brøndby's team actually formed the backbone of the Danish national team which later won the European Championsship in 1992. As I mentioned Brøndby experienced great succes in Europe at that time. The club managed to reach the semi-final in UEFA-cup (Europe league, red.) in the 1990-91 season. To sum it all up Brøndby has been the king of Danish football for several decades but in 1992 a new club in Copenhagen was founded...

FCK was founded back in 1992 and can be considered both an old and new. FCK is rooted more than 100 years of football-tradition but in 1992 Københavns Boldklub (KB) and Boldklubben 1903 merged their teams to found a club with a more international name: FC Copenhagen/København. Since then the club has been aiming for the skies and one of the goals was to reach one of the European tournaments. This desire came true in the 00's, but in the 90's FCK didn't do that well. The league was dominated by Brøndby and FCK only had little succes in the league. However Flemming Østergaard joined the board in 1997 and as the first Danish club ever FCK was introduced on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange. The club bought Parken, which is also the home ground for the Danish national team, for 138 millon kroner. Soon things started to evolve into something bigger than most would've expected. FCK became the most succesful Danish club in the 00's and gained a lot of popularity.

Geography and demography:

Brøndby is considered a city of its own but it is also one of the ugliest suburbs of Copenhagen so the club's fans want to see themselves as a part of Copenhagen. It is considered a real working-class area but the club has managed to attract fans from any social class anyway. On the contrary we have FC København. The club is located in the fancy inner-part of Copenhagen and if Brøndby would represent lower-class FCK would definitely be characterized as somewhat upper-class. More specifically the club is located on Østerbro (or Eastbridge when translated :mrgreen:) which is quite an expensive area. Brøndby's fans call us the café latte-boys since that is kinda the types of metropolitans that will find FCK more attractive than Brøndby IF.

Actually I think this tifo shows quite well how the Brøndby-fans consider themselves:

2005-09-21-BIF-FCK-500-13.jpg

It says: "In football Brøndby is the capital"

..and this shows how the FCK-fans consider the Brøndby-fans:

140310_fck-bif_00.jpg

It says: "Just get it! This is our city"

Rivalry:

Like many other derbies these two clubs don't have many things in common at all. Both clubs represent completely different values and ideas. While FCK is this new international club owned by PS&E (Parken sport and entertainment) Brøndby IF is the club that sticks more to traditional Danish football-values. The Brøndby-fans despise us for being a collaboration between two older clubs. They consider FCK a cold-blooded company only focusing on money rather than a "real" football-club. Brøndby is based on a romantic ideal which (sadly) doesn't work at all in modern football. Since other Danish clubs such as OB and FC Midtjylland have joined them in "just-below-FCK"-placing of the table Brøndby has started to realize that their approach is old-fashioned. According to them we're still a fake-club.

Basically I don't know why I hate them but I guess I was born with it :lol:. I started following FCK in 2001 when Brøndby was still really succesful and FCK hardly won anything. Maybe that is what made me start gaining sympathy for FCK. In school back then everyone were Brøndby-fans so I rebelled against all this. Since FCK really started to set off MANY people have jumped on the bandwagon however and both clubs are now pretty much equal in terms of fans.

Fans:

The fan-culture is also very different between these two clubs. This is one of the points where Brøndby is still stronger than us. The loyalty and pure dedication for Brøndby IF is something FCK could need more of sometimes(especially on away-matches). The Brøndby-fans always have impressing tifos and generally the atmosphere is just great. However they tend to be very violent and that is something many of the clubs in Superligaen has suffered from when Brøndby's fans arrive for an away-match. Of course there are lots of moderate fans too but there are some really extreme ones too.

For instance they are not afraid of putting the away-section on fire:

No_name_428224m.jpg

This happened not so long ago during an away-match against AC Horsens.

FCK's ultras are not much better though. This happened a couple of years ago when we met them at Brøndby Stadion. Some few maniacs of our fans started throwing lights at the section with moderate Brøndby-fans including children with their fathers:

These "fans" represent the most hardcore part of our fanbase

Here are some more pics of the fans from both clubs when the clubs have met each other:

img.php

020309_mingo21_w1.jpg

08.jpg

2006-09-17-BIF-EFB-2-500.jpg

20040226-BIF-FCB-403-1024.jpg

1994.jpg

_J8P6896.jpg

2951739-fckfans.jpg

The match starts tomorrow 18:00 CET.

Brøndby will be hungry for a victory in Parken. They haven't won against us in Parken since 2008. :p
In addition it's worth mentioning that we are playing Champions League at the moment so I anxious to see how tired our players are after the match against Rubin Kazan. Brøndby was kicked in the Europe League qualification against Sporting Lissabon so they only have Superligaen to focus on.

goktengri

Banned
There is a derby match tomorrow, Fenerbahçe - Beşiktaş

Besiktas-Fenerbahce.jpg

Played yesterday:

Trabzonspor 1 - 3 Manisaspor

Today:

MKE Ankaragücü - Kasımpaşa
Sivasspor - Eskişehirspor
Bucaspor - Galatasaray
Medical Park Antalyaspor - Kayserispor
Kardemir Karabükspor - Gençlerbirliği