Contact us

Finland <WV 184> Värttinä ft. Sari Kaasinen: "LOUHI"

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
:fi:
u0rkXLo.png
:fi:

Finland-shutterstock_1435406027.jpg

EurovisionSmile’s history in WV (2012-2024)

PARTICIPATED IN: 172 editions out of 184

1. PORTUGAL (47 editions)

DNQ – 19x

TOP 10 – 6,1,3,5,8,6,4,6,5,7 – 10x

2. SWITZERLAND (5 editions)

DNQ – 2x

TOP 10 – 2 – 1x

3. DENMARK (7 editions)

DNQ – 3x

TOP 10 – 3,8 – 2x

4. N.R.-W. (7 editions)

DNQ – 5x

TOP 10 – 9,6 – 2x

5. PORTUGAL (30 editions)

DNQ – 14x

TOP 10 – 6,7,3,9,10,3 – 6x

6. BRAZIL (7 editions)

DNQ – 5x

TOP 10 – 4 – 1x

7. NORWAY (43 editions)

DNQ – 11x

TOP 10 - 1,2,8,1,2,3,3,10,8,1,1,8,7,2 - 14x

8. IRELAND (23 editions)

DNQ - 7x

TOP 10 - 6,10,7,7,7,6 - 6x

9. FINLAND (3 editions)

DNQ - 1
TOP 10 - 10 - 1x

-------------------

TOTAL:

QUALIFIED: 105 times with 43 top 10's

Last edited:

JSSArcos

Re: Finland

220px-Ylen_logo.svg.png

Finland returns to World Vision !!!

Yle officially returned to the country's competition in a press conference in Helsinki to announce that João Silva (JSSArcos will be the new head of the country's delegation).At a press conference held at YLE's Studio 3, where several names of Finnish music were present.

JSSArcos immediately announced that they are going to participate in the 105th edition. "Saying that he is very satisfied to be in a country so rich in music,and hopes to achieve great results"

It has also been said, that the selection of music, will be internally, only the responsibility of the head of delegation and his team.

Nothing was advanced, who could represent the country in the next edition,m
ore news will be posted shortly.

Finland did not participate in the competition since the WV101, with the last presence in the final was in the WV99 where it was in 23 place.

10/02/19 •Helsinki

JSSArcos

Re: Finland / WV #105 ????

220px-Ylen_logo.svg.png

Finland sends your Song !!!

After a few days,without any news. Today it is officially announced by YLE that the head of the delegation João Silva has just submitted his first song

Nothing was advanced, from who could represent the country, just said by JSSArcos "which is a band that really like, sending one of their favorite songs of the band"

The country press speaks of some rumors of who could represent the country,most of the Finnish press says that some famous band in the country is likely to represent the country.

Everything indicates that the song will be revealed on the 18th or 19th after you know the draw of the edition

15/02/19 •Helsinki
tumblr_nm3kmkdItT1u7uduwo1_400.gif

JSSArcos

Re: Finland / WV #105 / Nightwish - The Islander

220px-Ylen_logo.svg.png

Nightwish represent Finland in Paris !!!

nw_bio.jpg

"The Islander" will be the song that will represent Finland in the 105th edition to take place in Paris, France.

Nightwish is a symphonic metal band from Kitee, Finland. The band was formed in 1996 by lead songwriter and keyboardist Tuomas Holopainen, guitarist Emppu Vuorinen, and former lead singer Tarja Turunen. The band soon picked up drummer Jukka Nevalainen, and then bassist Sami Vänskä after the release of their debut album, Angels Fall First (1997). In 2001, Vänskä was replaced by Marco Hietala, who also took over the male vocalist role previously filled by Holopainen or guest singers.

"The Islander" was filmed in Rovaniemi, in Finnish Lapland, in October 2007, and Holopainen commented that they at first didn't plan to make a third video for the album, but when they were offered Finnish beauty, they couldn't resist it. He has also said that for once the lyrics actually fits with the video, which is "a sort of Lapp wilderness combined with the surrealism of Salvador Dalí." The video features guest musician Troy Donockley, who would later become an official member of Nightwish.

20/02/19 • Helsinki

JSSArcos

Re: Finland / WV #107 / Sonata Arctica - Fullmoon

220px-Ylen_logo.svg.png

Auri were 12 place in the World Vision 106

unnamed-7-13.jpg

The band Auri get 12 place in the final wordvison 106 that took place in the beautiful Italian city sanremo.

Auri finished with 97 points, with Latvia giving their 12 points the Finnish song,were also revealed the results of semis, where Finland was in 3rd place with 84 points

10/04/19 • Helsinki

Thanks to all who supported the Finnish song xheartxheartxheart

JSSArcos

Re: Finland / WV #107 / Sonata Arctica - Fullmoon

220px-Ylen_logo.svg.png

Sonata Arctica to represent Finland in edition 107 !!!

sonataarctica84652.jpg

"Fullmoon" will be the song that will represent Finland in the 107th edition to take place in Sweden

Sonata Arctica was formed in 1996 on the edge of the world, in the northern Finnish town of Kemi. Originally formed as Tricky Beans, they released few demos and as they got the contract they had to change their name.
In 1999 the band recorded a new demo "FullMoon" in Tico Tico Studios located in their hometown, Kemi. At the time of recording the line-up consisted of: Tony (vocals/keys), Jani (guitars), Tommy (drums), and Janne (bass). This new demo was the first exploration for the band in heavy metal waters. The band's trademark sound of fast, melodic and keyboard oriented heavy metal with clear, high vocals was born. As fate would have it, and with help from Ahti Kortelainen of Tico Tico Studios, the "FullMoon" demo found its way to the premier metal label of Finland, Spinefarm. At the same time Tricky Beans became Sonata Arctica.

10/04/19 • Helsinki

*I did not really know Sonata, but quickly at first audition I fell in love with Fullmoon :D xheart

JSSArcos

Re: Finland / WV #109 / Apocalyptica - I Don't Care ft. Adam Gontier

220px-Ylen_logo.svg.png

Poets of the Fall got a place in the TOP 10 in WordVison 108 with the song Carnival of Rust

e04dfea450cb9f3c2ef0c4f3355f91d076c89e1e

The band Poets of Fall get 7 place in the final wordvison 108 , so they got the 2 best result of the country recently

Carnival of Rust finished with 124 points, being the 2 music with more voters, in a total of 24 countries, being behind only the winning music (Berlin) that I had 26 voters

02/06/19 • Helsinki

Thanks to all who supported the Finnish song xheartxheartxheart

JSSArcos

Re: Finland / WV #109 / Apocalyptica - I Don't Care ft. Adam Gontier

220px-Ylen_logo.svg.png

[h=1]I Don't Care represent Finland in Israel !![/h]
phoca_thumb_l_062.jpg

Finnish band Apocalyptica returns to represent the country at WordVison, along with Franco-Canadian singer Adam Gontier will defend " I Do not Care" in Israel

Apocalyptica is a Finnish symphonic metal band from Helsinki, Finland, formed in 1993. The band is composed of classically trained cellists Eicca Toppinen, Paavo Lötjönen, and Perttu Kivilaakso (all three of whom are graduates of the Sibelius Academy in Helsinki),drummer Mikko Sirén, and vocalist Franky Perez. Originally a Metallica classical tribute band, the band eventually adopted a neoclassical metal style without the use of conventional guitars.They have sold over four million albums to date.

02/06/19 • Helsinki

JSSArcos

Re: Finland / WV #112 ????

have not had time to update this topic :? .... I will try to do this as soon as possible (I hope until next week) ... I will also try to do something a little different (I still don't know very well :lol:) ... I will also try to make a list of the countries / regions that vote the most ;) We will also probably have an NF in 1 or 2 editions

Stay tuned xlove

EnlightenedShabbyAsianporcupine-size_restricted.gif

JSSArcos

This topic has been quite outdated, because of lack of personal time, but will try to update as soon as possible ;)

dogmeat

I remember your WV120 entry from NSC almost 100 editions ago (RLD 85) only for being the least fitting song-video combination I've ever seen xD It was odd to see it again.

JSSArcos

We start with an update of the results xheart

Results-1.jpg

WV 105 || Semifinal: 07th- 77 pts | Final: 02th - 150 pts | Nightwish - The Islander
WV 106 || Semifinal: 03th- 84 pts | Final: 12th - 97 pts | AURI - Night 13
WV 107
|| Semifinal: 13th- 60 pts | Final: 09th - 120 pts | Sonata Arctica - Fullmoon
WV 108
|| Semifinal: 03th- 88 pts | Final: 07th - 124 pts | Poets of the Fall - Carnival of Rust
WV 109
|| Semifinal: 05th- 82 pts | Final: 21th - 082 pts | Apocalyptica - I Don't Care ft. Adam Gontier
WV 110
|| Semifinal: 06th- 80 pts | Final: 12th - 110 pts | Tuomas Holopainen - Cold Heart Of The Klondike
WV 111
|| Semifinal: 08th- 82 pts | Final: 17th - 093 pts | Lauri Tähkä - Pauhaava sydän
WV 112
|| Semifinal: 11th- 54 pts | Final: 25th - 066 pts | Vindsvept & Merrigan - Into the Depths
WV 113
|| Semifinal: 13th- 51 pts | Final: DNQ | Timo Tolkki's Avalon ft. Mariangela Demurtas - Godsend
WV 114
|| Semifinal: 13th- 62 pts | Final: DNQ | Ensiferum- Tears
WV 115
|| Semifinal: 14th- 47 pts | Final: DNQ | Jonas and I ft. Marco Hietala- Savo's Song
WV 116
|| Semifinal: 05th- 81 pts | Final: 01th - 150 pts | Every Green in May & Johanna Kurkela- Korsukylä
WV 117 || Semifinal: PQ | Final: 12th - 107 pts | KORPIKLAANI-A Man With a Plan
WV 118
|| Semifinal: 03th- 83 pts | Final: 08th - 123 pts | Tarja Turunen- You And I
WV 119
|| Semifinal: 09th- 67 pts | Final: 22th - 79 pts | Lxandra-Dig Deep
WV 120
|| Semifinal: 08th- 65 pts | Final: 17th - 094 pts | Paavoharju-Ikkunat näkevät
WV 121 ||
Semifinal: TBA | Final: TBA | Nightwish - Harvest

-) 15 editions
-) qualification rate-) 12/15 -) 80%
-) worst result WV 115 || Semifinal: 14th- 47 pts | Final: DNQ | Jonas and I ft. Marco Hietala- Savo's Song
-) best result-) WV 116 || Semifinal: 05th- 81 pts | Final: 01th - 150 pts | Every Green in May & Johanna Kurkela- Korsukylä

I little of my opinion now :LOL:

My favorite entry -) complicated but at this point Nightwish - Harvest
My "least favorite" entry -) Lauri Tähkä - Pauhaava sydän
Result disappointment -) Jonas and I ft. Marco Hietala- Savo's Song
Result surprise -) Every Green in May & Johanna Kurkela- Korsukylä

in General I am very surprised by the good results I have achieved, I already loved the Finnish music industry, but after participating in the WV I discovered fantastic songs that I have already sent and others I hope to send, as I mentioned earlier, an NF will come soon, where there will be all the musical genres a little bit, and some strange music .... I've always tried to bring some diversity into the songs I like, I hope that at least once you’ve already appreciated our entries xbow if yes, my job is being done :LOL:

It is not always easy to keep the topic updated , but I want to THANK YOU from the bottom of the heart who has supported our entries xheatxbowxheartxhugxrunhug

more news about the NF arrived soon

love you all
take care
xheart

Top Bottom