Contact us

Finland <WV 184> Värttinä ft. Sari Kaasinen: "LOUHI"

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
:fi:
u0rkXLo.png
:fi:

Finland-shutterstock_1435406027.jpg

EurovisionSmile’s history in WV (2012-2024)

PARTICIPATED IN: 172 editions out of 184

1. PORTUGAL (47 editions)

DNQ – 19x

TOP 10 – 6,1,3,5,8,6,4,6,5,7 – 10x

2. SWITZERLAND (5 editions)

DNQ – 2x

TOP 10 – 2 – 1x

3. DENMARK (7 editions)

DNQ – 3x

TOP 10 – 3,8 – 2x

4. N.R.-W. (7 editions)

DNQ – 5x

TOP 10 – 9,6 – 2x

5. PORTUGAL (30 editions)

DNQ – 14x

TOP 10 – 6,7,3,9,10,3 – 6x

6. BRAZIL (7 editions)

DNQ – 5x

TOP 10 – 4 – 1x

7. NORWAY (43 editions)

DNQ – 11x

TOP 10 - 1,2,8,1,2,3,3,10,8,1,1,8,7,2 - 14x

8. IRELAND (23 editions)

DNQ - 7x

TOP 10 - 6,10,7,7,7,6 - 6x

9. FINLAND (3 editions)

DNQ - 1
TOP 10 - 10 - 1x

-------------------

TOTAL:

QUALIFIED: 105 times with 43 top 10's

Last edited:

Milos-BC

Thank you for your support, I am glad that at least China made it through!

Even though I am saddened by these outcomes, I can promise that :fi: will not give up from this sound and there will never be a mainstream entry from :fi: as long as I am the juror here. We may switch styles from time to time but mainstream pop is not an option for :fi: and metal will always be the top priority.

I don't know what the outcomes will be in the future, but I will try to keep up with the same (or similar) quality with my future songs as well.

Milos-BC

Thank you for your support. It feels great to be back in the final and as this is my first :fi: final, it's even more special. Cheers and I promise more great songs in the future as well xcheers :)

Milos-BC

Thank you everyone who voted for :fi: (especially @Grinch and @cegs5 for 12 points, much appreciated xcheers ), I am satisfied with the final result.

And now the time has come to announce the plans for WV 128..........Nightwish is looking for a rematch after "Pan" and they are coming back as :fi: entrants for WV 128.

Nightwish-2310x1317_c-1263x560.jpg

The song will, of course, remain a mystery untl the show, but I can say that, unlike, Pan this will one will be in a lighter tone and it carries the optimism that we all need in these rough days. I hope you will like the choice as much as I do :)

Last edited:

Milos-BC

:fi: is proud to announce that our next entrant is going to be a cinematic metal band Dark Sarah

Dark-Sarah-band-2020.jpg

The song itself will be somewhat different than what you would normally expect from a metal entry and it will be a polarizing act, that's for sure, but it will also be an act that will stand out (for better or worse :lol: ).

I certainly hope you will like the choice xcheer

JSSArcos

I thought for many times, sending them (mainly in a specific song)

very curious now, but I’m pretty sure I’ll like it, good luck xcheers

Milos-BC

I thought for many times, sending them (mainly in a specific song)

very curious now, but I’m pretty sure I’ll like it, good luck xcheers

I can say that the song is unique even for Dark Sarah standards, it's a new sound for them. I was in doubt whether to send one song that is very similar to Nightwish or this one but since we had Nightwish last time, I decided to go for uniqueness.

Dark Sarah has several really good songs (for me) and they will also be presented here, this is only the first one in line :)

Good luck to you as well!

Milos-BC

Thanks to everyone who supported Dark Sarah on WV 129, I can promise that this band will return in the future, and "All Ears" was just the first song in line. Their next entry won't be this risky.

For this edition, however, :fi: has prepared another huge name and it is Apocalyptica. There will be a guest singer as well but all of that will remain a mystery until the song is revealed. I hope you will like this choice :)

Apocalyptica.jpg

Milos-BC

Due to unforeseen real-life problems, :fi: was forced to sit out for one edition, but fear not, Apocalyptica will perform on this WorldVision and they are more than ready.

I really hope you will like the song.

Milos-BC

Thanks to everyone who voted for Apocalyptica & Lzzy Hale.

At this point, the :fi: future is very uncertain and a withdrawal is a possible option. I don't have the energy anymore, to be honest, but you will be informed in due time.

If this turns out to be the last :fi: song, I hope that some of the previous songs are playing on your playlist and that at least I left some lasting legacy.

Milos-BC

:fi: delegation has made a decision - we will keep going as usual.

Thanks to everyone for your support, I really appreciated it xhug

Our plans for WV 132 will be revealed shortly.

Milos-BC

Tuomas Holopainen, Johanna Kurkela, and Troy Donockley will all be back for WV 132 and the progressive folk band AURI is the next entry from :fi:

maxresdefault.jpg

Unlike the previous:fi: songs, this one will be very folkish and ambient. That's all I can say for now, I hope you will like the choice :)

Top Bottom