4 1.4%

29 10.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

heke1988

Finland has a tendency of choosing the wrong entry and go for the most known name (which this time would be Robin), I hope this won't happen though. The Rasmus in 2022 was a good example of that mistake, what a lame song.

Also, basically all the Finnish language entries >>> the English language ones... Käärija, Kuumaa, Benjamin would all be worthy.
Well in 2021 we chose right entry;).

Realest

The Rasmus and the other Rockband were the only Qualifiers in UMK. Rank #21 was Finlands Zenith last Year.

Mainshow

Veteran
I hope, we will send metal act (Battle Beast, Beast in Black, Sonata Arctica or Stratovarius)xpray.

Apart from swinging it like Harry Potter?

Voting for Cha Cha Cha, please! I need to see this at Eurovision (but honestly, apart from Robin, all songs would be fine for Eurovision!)

heke1988

Apart from swinging it like Harry Potter?

Voting for Cha Cha Cha, please! I need to see this at Eurovision (but honestly, apart from Robin, all songs would be fine for Eurovision!)
Well there is no actual metal ACT, just Käärijä's mixed metal act. But I Will vote for six times Käärijä and four times Keira.

0scar

Is there an actual live version of Cha Cha Cha already? I mean, it's great and fascinating as a song, I'm really curious to see how it would do in Liverpool, but it would be such a bummer if the live version doesn't give that same feeling

heke1988

Ok, I can give you that, but in 2020 Erika was robbed, 2022 well... the competition was generally weak so maybe I can "get" why The Rasmus won...
Well in 2020 juries gave a big lead for Aksel Kankaanranta compared to Erika Vikman. But also Erika Vikman's staging was awful: especially those bears were awful idea and she should have went same kind of staging, as "Ciccciolina" music video was.

heke1988

Today's UMK 2023-songs Youtube views:

1. Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha over 711K views (Trending number one)
2. Keira - No Business On The Dancefloor over 431K views (Trendaa number thirty-six)
3. Benjamin - Hoida mut over 373K katselukerta (Not trending)
4. Portion Boys - Samaa taivasta katsotaan over 269K views (Trending number ten)
5. Robin - Girls Like You over 261k views (Not trending)
6. Kuumaa - Ylivoimainen over 239k views (Not trending)
7. Lxandra - Something to Lose over 175k views (Not trending)

heke1988

Today's Finland Top 50 SPOTIFY UMK-songs placements:

2. Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha (112046 streamings)
3. KUUMAA - Ylivoimainen (93129 streamings)
11. Portion Boys - Samaa taivasta katsotaan (57968 streamings)
10. Benjamin - Hoida mut (46058 streamings)
11. Keira - No Business On The Dancefloor (43685 streamings)
31. Robin - Girls Like You (23008 streamings)
50. Lxandra - Something To Lose (13987 streamings)

Grinch

So the original plan was to listen all UMK-2023 songs and then rank them here but an unexpected amazeballs called "Cha Cha Cha" ruined the plan by making itself listen to me 7 times in a row. I'm about to go for an 8th round! Help!

heke1988

Today's UMK 2023-songs Youtube views

1. Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha over 762K views (Trending number one)
2. Keira - No Business On The Dancefloor over 445K views (Not trending)
3. Benjamin - Hoida mut over 387K views (Not trending)
4. Portion Boys - Samaa taivasta katsotaan over 283K (Trending number twenty-one)
5. Robin - Girls Like You over 269k views (Not trending)
6. Kuumaa - Ylivoimainen over 252k views (Not trending)
7. Lxandra - Something to Lose over 181k views (Not trending)

Datura

It makes me a tiny bit sad that Lxandra is lowest in the Ranking of streaming figures and Youtube views, its such a beautiful and heartfelt Song that doesnt instantly punch u but it crawls under ur Skin and touches u deeply if u let it. And i feel a lot of people generally dont let that happen and are not open to that (ive noticed that with several Reaction Videos, people expect "explosions" and dont allow time to develop a feeling. But maybe that is mainly because the song is taking Part in the 'eurovision 3-minute-show-context'.) I dont think it will end up last in the preselection though if the Performance is not a complete mess. No shade towards the other entries, almost everything here is truly great (and i too think cha cha cha would be the best choice)

Mainshow

Veteran
It makes me a tiny bit sad that Lxandra is lowest in the Ranking of streaming figures and Youtube views, its such a beautiful and heartfelt Song that doesnt instantly punch u but it crawls under ur Skin and touches u deeply if u let it. And i feel a lot of people generally dont let that happen and are not open to that (ive noticed that with several Reaction Videos, people expect "explosions" and dont allow time to develop a feeling. But maybe that is mainly because the song is taking Part in the 'eurovision 3-minute-show-context'.) I dont think it will end up last in the preselection though if the Performance is not a complete mess. No shade towards the other entries, almost everything here is truly great (and i too think cha cha cha would be the best choice)

I don´t think that "lower streaming figures" are a disadvantage when it comes to Lxandra´s entry. Her song is not meant to be addictive - "Cha Cha Cha" (I love both songs) has got more replay value because it feels short (it´s basically two songs mixed into one and both parts [the hardcore and the catchy pop/autotune part] feel too short) and it´s really catchy (same applies to that "Swinging it like Harry Potter" song which is playing with an oriental flute as a recurring motif). These songs are made for Spotify/YouTube consumers.. they want to continue hitting that replay button wheareas Lxandra´s entry is pure, fragile, even a bit calm - you need to be "ready" to be listening to it (it´s not a song which you can play without focussing on it and that´s one of the reasons why reaction videos fail to grasp the value of the song... they want to catch moments in which they can react in an overdramatic/surprising way to get some clicks... always waiting for catchy pop moments to say "Yes, Gurrrl" or be amazed by a vocal explosion to shed a fake tear) - the calmer notes are Lxandra´s strengths and it´s an incredible song... genuine... but - even though it´s my 1st/2nd favourite in that national final - I´ve only listened to it twice.... whilst other tracks are simply catchier/easier to be listening to.

Last edited:

heke1988

UMK 23 finalists react to each other's songs.

heke1988

Today's Finland Top 50 SPOTIFY UMK-songs placements:

2. Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha (104239 streamings)
3. KUUMAA - Ylivoimainen (84435 streamings)
6. Portion Boys - Samaa taivasta katsotaan (54442 streamings)
11. Benjamin - Hoida mut (42960 streamings)
13. Keira - No Business On The Dancefloor (40889 streamings)
37. Robin - Girls Like You (20796 streamings)

I bims

Veteran
Damn, well so it's basically settled then? But I'm totally fine with "Cha Cha Cha" winning, it's a strong entry. It will get 12 points from Germany for sure.

Bit sad for KUUMAA and Benjamin, would've liked either of them too. (I have such an embarassing crush on Benjamin, what a man...)

Looren

Veteran
Yeah Käärija is probably the best choice result-wise for Finland, even if my fave here is KUUMAA

Grinch

My ranking:

:1: Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha

(POWER GAP)

:2: Portion Boys - Samaa taivasta katsotaan
:3: KUUMAA - Ylivoimainen
:4: Keira - No Business On The Dancefloor
:5: Benjamin - Hoida mut
:6: Robin - Girls Like You
:7: Lxandra - Something to Lose over

Top Bottom