Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
TRA TRA TRA TRA TRALALA

A-lister

Veteran
Let's see but I think him winning Semi1 by a landslide has just been confirmed. :love:
If Sweden will again win thanks to the jury while a clear tellyvote winner is robbed, it will not look good on them especially when it's resulting in a singer winning for the 2nd time. They would have not anyone stealing their thunder but I can totally see Käärija doing that. I think why it resonates so well with many people these days it's that this "Screw the world, I want to have my fun no matter what"-part is twisted in the 2nd half. In the end we're all still our inner children who want to enjoy live without doing harm to others and ourselves. I totally got this from the first viewing and I haven't played a performance pre ESC as often as his one on UMK.

We will see, but this is really so not the juries' cup of tea (native language, originality, bold, modern, rap, non-conventional... I mean it's all they hate in one song lol)... as for Loreen, I think she'll do good in both voting (might even win both), but I wouldn't mind Finland winning with this but they do have an uphill battle with the juries (unless the juries' mentality changed radically from all years they've taken part... highly doubt it).

Nella

I do find it frustrating that 99% of the time the juries only support ballads and radio friendly pop songs, other music genres exist too and should have just as good chance of doing well. I know they're there to make sure the contest doesn't turn out to be a complete circus, but it's also killing the creativity. (Still not over how they screw over KEiiNO like that as an example..) :(

Ezio

Veteran
Finland freaked me out at first, but then I got obsessed by it. Maybe a little bit more by the pink dancers than by the song itself. This song is brutal and funny, so I am living for it. It's a solid 12 points from me. Do I want Finland to win? Not necessarily, but over Sweden in any case, because they will host a great show next year. It's for me the most agreeable of all the fan favourites this year, although it might be my fourth favourite after Armenia, Israel and France.

I hope Finland keeps up their good work and continues two grow to a Eurovision powerhouse. UMK was so much better than Melfest.

LoveHate

That's been my point for years, they are destroying the very essence of the contest... Oh well xshrug
The thing I hate the most about the juries is the ability to tank an entry. Just looking at Finland’s jury voting last year, we had two jurors placing Serbia in first place, yet it only managed 4th place overall because of one juror ranking it as 17th.

If the juries have to stay, at least limit it to each juror providing a personal top-10. Beyond the top-10 it’s just deliberate tanking (I would love to hear how that one Swedish juror justifies placing Spain 24th).

theditz83

Veteran
This one is firmly in my #2 spot now, having dethroned Queen Alessandra to the bronze medal position. I'd be fully behind this winning, but I still don't see any way past Sweden in the Grand Final with the combined votes from jury and televoting.

Having said that, I reckon this will undoubtedly be the viral moment of the whole contest, and I can't wait to see it on the Liverpool stage in May (through my TV of course) xyaay

SpiritofKeiino

I do find it frustrating that 99% of the time the juries only support ballads and radio friendly pop songs, other music genres exist too and should have just as good chance of doing well. I know they're there to make sure the contest doesn't turn out to be a complete circus, but it's also killing the creativity. (Still not over how they screw over KEiiNO like that as an example..) :(
I'm still traumatised by the juries tanking Keiino

hijirio

Veteran
Bejba, bejba you look so fine
Be my be my valentine

kaarija-1-672x376.jpg

12Points

i dont like this song, noisy and cheesy but not in a good way, cant really get why people like this song so much

SpiritofKeiino

I have a feeling it'll get a poor running order slot which will kill its chances of slaying the televote

Top Bottom