You lick your lips as you walk away
Your final kiss is to leave a scar
On a heart
Jezebel

At night you turn into a tiger
A girl who looks like she's a boy
The world's most ultimate survivor

Jеzebel (Jezеbel)
I don't know how you got in my blood (Jezebel)
Was it the dangerous things you do? (Jezebel)
You always wanted to be a star
Jezebel (Jezebel)
If you're the hunter then I'm the prey (Jezebel)
You lick your lips as you walk away (Jezebel)
On a heart

Sunrise, you crawl under the covers
Sleep tight until the dying sun
Tonight you'll catch another lover
Jezebel

Jezebel (Jezebel)
I don't know how you got in my blood (Jezebel)
Was it the dangerous things you do? (Jezebel)
You always wanted to be a star
Jezebel (Jezebel)
If you're the hunter then I'm the prey (Jezebel)
You lick your lips as you walk away (Jezebel)
On a heart

Jezebel (Jezebel)
Jezebel (Jezebel)
Jezebel

CPV4931

I was more Team Hurricane or Ram pam pam, Jezebel only is an average rock song, but it´s great to have again Rock from Finland at Eurovision... 7 points so far

Etanna

Not my type of music but this song is pleasant and enjoyable. What I appreciate the most, however, is the enthusiasm the band is showing when performing. It really pulls me in and makes me enjoy the performance along with them. It's making me physically smile throughout the whole 3 minutes and that's definitely a positive quality for a performance contest!

(Oh and I also like the colour combinations used in the staging & costumes, it works better than I'd expected and could stand out in Eurovision - if they're not put next to similarly black&yellow Norway).

Iker

Veteran
It's a good song I can tell that. But I am not in love with 'Jezebel' somehow.

I think though that Finland is going for a good result 2nd year in a row.

8pts in the poll from me.

Last edited:

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Just like Blind Channel last year, Jezebel talks a lot to my teenage life, so i won't lie i have a soft spot for songs like this. Typical mainstream 2000's rock with a great chorus, it's cute but nothing really much more. The live version was a bit disappointing tho.

:7: in the poll.

Sammy

Veteran
People always riding around on "he can't sing". I think that yes, in the beginning, his vocals were shaky. But then he did very well. Maybe some ear cleaning would fix that problem.

wQN1G6h.gif
We‘re not talking about some random newcomer who was put there by a record company and will be forgotton tomorrow. We are talking about someone who successfully stood his ground in the pop buisness for decades. Saying he can‘t sing is like saying a book has no pages. Come on! :lol::lol:

Rasmus0714

So what's with the UMK and exes? Last year is Erika Vikman and Danny, this year we got Vesala and Lauri Ylönen.

LoveHate

My prediction is they won’t accept any metal songs for next year, because that would just win by default. Alternatively they’ll include 3-4 metal songs to spread the metal votes.
Well, there were no metal songs. But of course the two songs closest to metal were # 1 and # 2.

Preuss

Well, I don't hate this, but I don't like it either, which is inevitable given the genre. But I was really entertained when watching it, and the song is a solid rock song (at least to my ears). I think it could do like a lower top 10 in Torino maybe.

Good effort, Finland xcheer

jatojo

My heart said Bess, but my head said The Rasmus. But really, the UMK was such an amazing show, possibly the best national final ever in the history of Eurovision. Finland will not be in the top 5 in Turin, though - which is a bit paradoxical, but that's the name of the game. A nation with several bad songs in the NF can win Eurovision with just one lucky shot.

ESC94

I can still remember when The Ramus were on top of the German Charts with "In the Shadows" in 2003. I kinda liked it back then, but didn´t hear all that much from them anymore despite them having a few more songs in our charts.

Their song "Jezebel" sounds like it could´ve been released in 2003, it´s not bad but also not really that exciting. After one minute I kinda knew how this song would end. I heard some complaints about the lead singers vocals, I think it was ok for such a song. xthink

All in all I give :fi: and The Rasmus a solid :6:, it´s not a bad entry but also not groundbreaking and I simply like other songs more to give this a higher rating. xshrug

midnightsun

Veteran
Although I basically listened to nothing else but new metal in the early 2000s, In The Shadows was one of the songs I was never really into. I always thought it sounded a bit too generic, too much pop, rather suited for a younger audience (same like Sunrise Avenue, for example). But Jezebel is AMAZING! It sounds a bit more grown up, also that great guitar riff, wow! (I already mentioned it.) However, the studio version sounds a bit flat. Still awesome but the live version sounds so much rougher, more powerful, it's just YAY! I'm afraid though that the audience won't easily get into because it's not polished, Lauri sounds off a bit (which I think is a plus because the song's more edgy then) and they aren't doing a big rock show on stage like Blind Channel or Maneskin. I wouldn't mind them winning or at least doing well in Turin but my guess is they won't be as successful as Blind Chanel, maybe close to.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
My heart said Bess, but my head said The Rasmus. But really, the UMK was such an amazing show, possibly the best national final ever in the history of Eurovision. Finland will not be in the top 5 in Turin, though - which is a bit paradoxical, but that's the name of the game. A nation with several bad songs in the NF can win Eurovision with just one lucky shot.

I think the Norwegian NF (MGP) this year was even better, but I agree this was a solid NF. Very pleased with The Rasmus winning, I have always liked their melodic pop-rock sound and this song is in a similar style. Well done, Finland! 10 points from me.

lacrymea

So, this is supposed to be right up my alley genre wise. Yet it's actually a bit too safe and too generic for me to truly love it. I gave it a :7:.

jatojo

I think the Norwegian NF (MGP) this year was even better, but I agree this was a solid NF. Very pleased with The Rasmus winning, I have always liked their melodic pop-rock sound and this song is in a similar style. Well done, Finland! 10 points from me.
Norway's NF was amazing too. I just feel that Finland really go for musical diversity more than any other nation. So the entire show is more slick. Because of the way the competition works in Norway, the organizers can't control it as much, so, for example, you have two "ethnic" songs in the final, Maria Mohn's and Oda Gondrosen's. I don't mind that at all - it's just that I'm so happy to see Finland show to the world that Eurovision is not at all just one genre.

Schlagerman1

Am... slowly starting to love this... upgrading it to :10: with.. a 12 potential...
That is so interesting cause I start to feel the same way. It was just my 4th in UMK this year, but this song has since it's won grown a lot and damn...I think it might be my number one at the moment. It ain't perfect, but it is so well made. A solid melodic rock song, well performed (with some minor problems, but they are always there in UMK performances), with a chorus that sticks like clue and a melody that really hits a nerve. It is just so good and it is a total grower that I can totally see the juries like a lot. It will probably not stay as number one when all the songs have been sent, but glad to have yet an another good finnish entry and a pretty much secured top 15 placement for them. :D

Top Bottom