You lick your lips as you walk away
Your final kiss is to leave a scar
On a heart
Jezebel

At night you turn into a tiger
A girl who looks like she's a boy
The world's most ultimate survivor

Jеzebel (Jezеbel)
I don't know how you got in my blood (Jezebel)
Was it the dangerous things you do? (Jezebel)
You always wanted to be a star
Jezebel (Jezebel)
If you're the hunter then I'm the prey (Jezebel)
You lick your lips as you walk away (Jezebel)
On a heart

Sunrise, you crawl under the covers
Sleep tight until the dying sun
Tonight you'll catch another lover
Jezebel

Jezebel (Jezebel)
I don't know how you got in my blood (Jezebel)
Was it the dangerous things you do? (Jezebel)
You always wanted to be a star
Jezebel (Jezebel)
If you're the hunter then I'm the prey (Jezebel)
You lick your lips as you walk away (Jezebel)
On a heart

Jezebel (Jezebel)
Jezebel (Jezebel)
Jezebel

njdevils94

Veteran

Schlagerman1

I must add that it is a little sad that Erika Vikman didn't sing "Cicciolina" next year...then she might have won UMK in the end and be sent to Italy with it. ;)

cegs5

YLE stated that they went back to UMK due the lack of interest from renowned artists, especially those with international career, but it’s a tradition to name every year in the forum names like Nightwish, Tarja Turunen, Apocalyptica, Sunrise Avenue, etc. Of course it won’t happen...

Saara Aalto was a nobody, and still is, she just got a brief local hype for being in a UK tv show, that happened to be least watched season even... Darude is a “has been“ one-hit-wonder, they both had nothing to lose when took part of Eurovision, but local well-known artists won’t risk their status, they still prefer being someone in Finland rather than face a possible international humiliation.

Femmina

YLE stated that they went back to UMK due the lack of interest from renowned artists, especially those with international career, but it’s a tradition to name every year in the forum names like Nightwish, Tarja Turunen, Apocalyptica, Sunrise Avenue, etc. Of course it won’t happen...

Saara Aalto was a nobody, and still is, she just got a brief local hype for being in a UK tv show, that happened to be least watched season even... Darude is a “has been“ one-hit-wonder, they both had nothing to lose when took part of Eurovision, but local well-known artists won’t risk their status, they still prefer being someone in Finland rather than face a possible international humiliation.

I agree that the names you mentioned most certainly won't take part, but I still have some hope that some bigger name from our music scene could take part despite what happened in 2019. (Besides, Teflon Brothers was a huge name, one of our most streamed artists within Finland itself. Although they are a humor band so they don't take themselves too seriously and they were planning that participation for a longer time). There can be plenty of reasons why artist rejects the offer (like being too busy during that time or needing to make 3 songs instead of only 1) and well, during that time Eurovision was seen as pretty much a joke here, no sign for us to do well in the contest. UMK19 had only 355 000 viewers, while in 2021 this number was 1 148 000. That's a massive difference. I think this year has brought a lot more positive image towards Eurovision.

When looking at Spotify, at the moment Blind Channel actually has more monthly listeners than Nightwish (!) 2 485 688 for Blind Channel, 2 044 949 for Nightwish. During this moment Blind Channel is more popular than our most biggest artists, this haven't been nowhere close happening after Lordi. Of course there's still a chance that none of the bigger names will take a part but hey, I feel like it's bit more realistic to wish than what it was few years ago. Dare to dream! :p

Btw I think it's quite exaggerated to say that Saara was a nobody. Plenty of people knew her, it just wasn't for her own music. People knew her for her talent, I don't think a complete nobody would get to collaborate and do a concert with artist like Andrea Bocelli (this was before X-Factor). I think she wouldn't have won the televoting back in 2016 either if she were a complete nobody.

DanielLuis

I think a good result and the streaming success for Blind Channel could be enough to entice big names, especially if YLE is keen on changing their approach and the way they market the contest.
In Portugal the image of Eurovision, and especially of Festival da Canção, was completely in the mud pre-2017. RTP basically rebranded the whole thing and after Salvador's success big names are becoming more and more interested in taking part each year

heke1988

On monday I found metal band called Ember Falls:

heke1988

Earlier today at 8:00 EEST opened up apply for UMK 2022. I hope now, Blind Channel success at Eurovision 2021, would encourage our big names to apply for UMK.

rasmuslights

Veteran

Robin Packalen said he might do eurovision since it seems like a credible concept now. He was saying no to eurovision for the past couple of years...

Maneskin (and also Blind Channel) really did wonders in Finland and of course in the whole of Europe!

heke1988

Robin Packalen said he might do eurovision since it seems like a credible concept now. He was saying no to eurovision for the past couple of years...

Maneskin (and also Blind Channel) really did wonders in Finland and of course in the whole of Europe!

Nowaydays Robin has tried to make a name on abroad, but hasn't been very successful. I am not listening his music, but I want him to participate with a song in Finnish language. Also he participated New Wave Junior in 2019.

Here is his performance there:

Looren

Veteran
I dream to see AURI in ESC someday, hope that they'll participate in UMK next year xheart

Also want Aksel to comeback, he deserves his time to shine

heke1988

I dream to see AURI in ESC someday, hope that they'll participate in UMK next year xheart

Also want Aksel to comeback, he deserves his time to shine

Tuomas Holopainen (one member of AURI) hasn't really into Eurovision, although he participated in Finn national final 2000. But it was just for statement.

No more Aksel. He has got two changes already.

Top Bottom