9 6.5%

27 19.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Finland-scaled.jpg

Mrm

Veteran
No, it's not a big difference. But it still is a difference, the margin is not the point here. In general I dont like the idea of International Juries in NFs.
If Finnish jurors wouldn't exclude her after that performance and singing, then they would be insane..

Mainshow

Veteran
This year, the juries in national final killed off all fun #1s from the televoting... Erika in Finland, that EDM-Viking in Norway, Me Tana
I unexpectdly agree with you :(... they suck sometimes in ESC but they also do nice things

It seems that in NF they always mess up and ruin each country's chances

Yeah, in Eurovision, juries (not like we often have them but the concept of having juries) are kinda needed. It's great to see them being able to push quality songs like France 2009, Italy 2011 but what's the point of having juries in national finals? - Each broadcaster should try to find an entry which is beloved by the public - they should promote Eurovision as well as some hype (that people can keep their fingers crossed for their own country). No one cares if the beige ballad wins (which is dunno, #3 in the televoting).

I don't get the idea of hosting a national final so that viewers can decide when, dunno, some Wiwibloggers or Armenian broadcaster chic can turn around the whole results.

Kaz

I think this also could be a qualifier if Aksel improves his stage presence, as he seems pretty lifeless and absent. The staging/camerawork is also a bit too lowkey but this can be improved in time for Rotterdam.

Mainshow

Veteran
To be fair, Aksel's song is not bad. I'll give it :6: - He can deliver it live but still... not sending televoting winners are strange....

Daybreak

I'm surprised at how varied the Finnish jury quality is. The Estonian jury was basically a who's who of the big names in our music scene and the UK gets bloggers?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I'm surprised at how varied the Finnish jury quality is. The Estonian jury was basically a who's who of the big names in our music scene and the UK gets bloggers?

It's been the same in the previous years and I find it more annoying than I probably should tbh, as it seems to basically just be a jury of fans who were lucky to make some connections. Especially more so when the spokesperson for that jury isn't even British. It's not like we're short of people here who could do it. :lol:

DaFlo

Banned
The song sounds like sth UK would send. Mid. The stage show is kinda interesting though.

4 pts

cegs5

It's been the same in the previous years and I find it more annoying than I probably should tbh, as it seems to basically just be a jury of fans who were lucky to make some connections. Especially more so when the spokesperson for that jury isn't even British. It's not like we're short of people here who could do it. :lol:
Oh dear, but your last winner was an American person too. xthink

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Daybreak

I do get it though, compared to the UK it's easier to have people from here cross over with the ferry and then come back after the show if they want haha. Still, this imbalance kind of delegitimises the jury when some parts of it have notable musical experience and others don't

Top Bottom