19 13.7%

9 6.5%

27 19.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Finland-scaled.jpg

cegs5

Aksel was the safest and somehow the most sensible choice really, so congrats to him and his team who did a good job, they knew they could hunt the jury votes and just needed to stop a landslide Erika’s winning on televoting by showing a professional and correct presentation, they did it. Not a fan of the song, but it can certainly grown on me and unlike many angry fans right now I do believe there are chances to gain a spot in the Grand Final.

Erika’s performance was simply not good. I’d have loved seeing her representing Finland this year with Cicciolina, I really had high expectations, but let’s admit that the staging was a mess and she did not sound great, it really let me down and with that performance Finland was not going anywhere but to be just another fanwank in the Euroclub, which is already achieved, but no more. Sad.

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
Her hair my God! :love:

Sammy

Veteran
Finland will feel the lyrics of this song tomorrow morning even harsher: "We never know what we have until it's over and we're looking back".

Daybreak

rofl @ everyone saying that Aksel's song is forgettable just because you didn't pay any attention to it obsessing over Cicciolina.

Because the song represents the people, not the random jurors from other countries.

What's your point? There's a half music professional/half popular vote system, both are equally important. If a country chooses to use international jury members, that's their decision and it's not the place of disappointed fans to blame the jury. If anything, they should be complaining to Yle for going international or using a jury in the first place (and somehow I believe that if the jury had supported Cicciolina, you'd have no problem with them)

VikingTiger

I am SO happy that there was no IJ in the Norwegian MGP this year. The result in Norway probably wouldnt have changed. But in Finland the IJs overrun the majority of the finnish televoters.
I would understand if it was a finnish jury involved. But it really doesnt feel right that a handful of people in other countries are to take part in the decision of what song should represent a country.

Mrm

Veteran
And in the end I couldn’t stand “bears” on the stage, I watched a movie about torturing wild bears in South Eastern Europe, by Gypsies and I just can’t this.. xcry

I'd like to visit bear asylum camp in Bulgaria one day..

Zonne147

Get rid off all fucking juries in national finals!!

I unexpectdly agree with you :(... they suck sometimes in ESC but they also do nice things

It seems that in NF they always mess up and ruin each country's chances

Daybreak

Wait a second, isn't that the whole point of Eurovision? Sell it or get lost.

Well, knowing how lots of fans instantly dismiss any slower song in the first 30 seconds as "ugh not another ballad", which isn't likely the same reaction that a general audience would have seeing the show for the first time...

Mrm

Veteran
I am SO happy that there was no IJ in the Norwegian MGP this year. The result in Norway probably wouldnt have changed. But in Finland the IJs overrun the majority of the finnish televoters.
I would understand if it was a finnish jury involved. But it really doesnt feel right that a handful of people in other countries are to take part in the decision of what song should represent a country.
Geeeek, she received 99 from televoting, he received 94...wooow what a difference.. :lol:

cegs5

Wait a second, isn't that the whole point of Eurovision? Sell it or get lost.
If a song with 1.2M views on Youtube and 1.5M downloads on Spotify can’t win the televote by landslide, then it tells something. There were only 5 points difference between the winner and the runner up.
I was all for Cicciolina winning but can’t close my eyes and blame everyone else when the one to take responsability are Erika and her team themselves for delivering a mediocre performance really.

Last edited:

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-I like that the song had a big sound with what sounded like two, maybe three instruments.
-The vocals do their job.

THE BAD:
-It's not quite memorable.
-The beginning was a bit boring.

THE VERDICT:
I'm not sure what to say about this song. On the one hand, it's got a big sound with a minimal amount of instruments, which is an accomplishment. On the other hand, it's not distinctive enough to be a standout song. It's still a good song, but the staging will have to be amazing if Finland wants to qualify for the Final. 8 points

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Because we don't have enough of this winning and going to May this year. I'm more upset here than Sweden with my favourite not winning, Literally how could you not pick Ciccolina and instead, go for a slice of inoffensive. Actually by having an IJ ofc, I'll overlook they yet again had William Lee Adams as the UK juror even though he's American because UK gave Ciccolina 12. x Aksel isn't bad I guess but It's nothing particularly special. 5 points again.

Top Bottom