9 6.5%

27 19.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Finland-scaled.jpg

Mrm

Veteran
Oh, YLE :cry::censored::cautious: ...this is not promising at all..but let's wait..

I hoped for TOP 10 result for Finland finally, but.. :/

Mrm

Veteran
What? Are you referring to the leak?
No, generally, I'm sorry...it doesn't seem promising at all, talent show leftovers, girl band no ones ever heard of and wanna be schlager queen... :(

Mrm

Veteran
But @Morpheus, but, as i never give up, I will wait for entries, who knows maybe positive surprise hides behind the hill. ;)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
What is this Bananas song I just experienced? It sounds like something from a UK NF.

#Justice4Eini #Justice4OperaSkaala come back, queens.

Femmina

No, generally, I'm sorry...it doesn't seem promising at all, talent show leftovers, girl band no ones ever heard of and wanna be schlager queen... :(

Akseli is not a leftover. He has one of the biggest producers in Finland on his team and he already had a big hit as a featuring artist. Song where he was has over 16 million streams in Spotify and the song got the award of the best song of the year.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
What is this Bananas song I just experienced? It sounds like something from a UK NF.

#Justice4Eini #Justice4OperaSkaala come back, queens.

do tell where I can listen this Eurovision You Decide reject? xheart

ZoboCamel

As someone who loved the pre-2018 UMK for its variety (it was one of my favourite NFs), I'm similarly a bit sad to see a bigger pop focus this time around based on the artists. That said, a couple of those artists definitely have the potential to do something that's up my alley, so I'll wait for the songs before complaining too much.

I'd like to see Zühlke make an attempt....

Congrats! At least someone should be happy with the lineup :lol:

"Bananas" is a promising title.

songs
with
the
word
banana
in
the
title
are
usually
amazing

While I knew he would be, I had to check and make sure Sean Banan was in there. I was getting worried towards the end but sure enough, you included not one but three of his songs. Carry on xheat

Daybreak

girl band no ones ever heard of

To be fair, the vast majority of ESC participants aren't famous (except maybe in their own country or cultural region at best), and last year Finland sent an artist people had heard of which still didn't get them a good result.

Edit - just heard Bananas. It's quite enjoyable :) Someone on Wiwibloggs comments was whining that it sounds too much like early 2010's pop and I actually think it makes it sound better. Kinda reminds me of the songs Little Mix put out early in their career. I just wish they had a more creative chorus than just repeating the same silly line over again.

Last edited:

Fluke

Cool, i think Finland has one of the most varied and interesting selections whenever they've had one recently,
especially considering the low budget it seems to have. Too bad they can't seem to pick the right winners, but maybe this time...

Top Bottom