19 13.7%

9 6.5%

27 19.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Finland-scaled.jpg

DutchSuomiFan

It would be nice if they would send someone like ABREU, or at least an artist or band who are popular. Or maybe they should send a band called SITKU. They have some good music and they're very, very friendly.

Schlagerman1

It would be nice if they would send someone like ABREU, or at least an artist or band who are popular. Or maybe they should send a band called SITKU. They have some good music and they're very, very friendly.

Well Saara Aalto was pretty popular and well...Darude WAS popular at some point at least...

I pray that Finland would dare something different, maybe go back to rock or something really unexpected but cool. xpray

Schlagerman1

I wouldn't mind if they would send SITKU. But i think SITKU might not want to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OzTXpshkBs

Seems cool, but yeah, they probably don't want to. I think that YLE is pretty desperate and has no idea on how to get Eurovision more popular in the country and how to do better. I am sure that almost all the biggest artists do not want anything to do with the contest and don't wanna risk their careers either. I think the best option for Finland, at least just for a few years, is to have some kind of "Idol"-show, similar to what Germany had when Lena won or even Maltas X-factor like one last year. Sure, it might not give us the incredibly unique act that we all want (well, Lena was pretty unique, but it is once in a lifetime moment), but maybe it can get them a few decent top 15 placements and maybe other singers might get interest as well.

missbones

UMK used to be solid enough a couple of years ago, and actually the act that gave Finland the best result for years now is a rock-ish band that wasn't even popular at the time, so I don't even know why they're trying to push famous artists to do it without having a strong entry/song with them. Sure, they probably attract more viewers, but just to see how they place bottom? I don't think it's worth it.

Dream of mine would be someone like Poets of the Fall, the voice of Marko Saaresto's out of this world, but I'm convinced there are tons of young and unknown singers/bands that'd nail it if they're given the chance...

Mainshow

Veteran
UMK 2020 submission window has been opened (up).

Finland really needs to work on its entries. I would like to get something more daring and bold again.

heke1988

Mikko Silvennoinen and Krista Siegfrids will host UMK 2020. Who else?:D

Jaana Pelkonen? She is back to her hosting job on "All Together Now Suomi".

As for the entrants in UMK 2020 final, I hope there will be different kind of music genres.

Mrm

Veteran
Yeah worked out really well for them in 2015! :p
Okay, we don't need to elaborate it more.. ;)
Very bad example you gave..

heke1988

Yeah worked out really well for them in 2015! :p

Well we were on 10th place in televotes and dead last in jury votes in 2015.

Loindici

Veteran

The entries will be released, 1 by 1, at midnight on Yle Areena and via various music streaming services like Spotify, Deezer and YouTube:

• Friday 24th January: Tika (black braids) - I Let My Heart Break
  • Monday 27th January: Erika Vikman (pink dress) - Cicciolina
  • Tuesday 28th January: Aksel Kankaanranta (the man) - Looking Back
  • Wednesday 29th January: F3M (green trio) - Bananas
  • Thursday 30th January: Sansa (hair to the side) - Lover View
  • Friday 31st January: Catharina Zühlke (black dress) - Eternity

Top Bottom