19 13.7%

9 6.5%

27 19.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Finland-scaled.jpg

Kaz

Wait WHY are we sleeping on Tika?! The verses and lyrics admittedly could be better, but the girl has some KILLER vocals and the chorus is just absolutely drama. It’s great.

tuorem

@Kaz Erika just stole the limelight from her due to YLE's mistake :ROFLMAO: Poor Tika.

Now they removed the video from Vimeo, but the damage is done.

"Cicciolina" xheat

Alaska49

i let my heart break is literally i love you by tayanna with less UKRAINIAN POWAH. i will hope for better songs for my own enjoyment, but hey, finland already has an option that might get a final.

and since apparently there is another good song (i will be a good boy and wait for official release), yet another country has buried estonia and denmark in a parking lot lol

njdevils94

Veteran
i let my heart break is literally i love you by tayanna with less UKRAINIAN POWAH. i will hope for better songs for my own enjoyment, but hey, finland already has an option that might get a final.

and since apparently there is another good song (i will be a good boy and wait for official release), yet another country has buried estonia and denmark in a parking lot lol

:ee: and :dk: will finish higher though in Rotterdam. :p

EscGeek

Veteran
Hey, Tika is great!. xlove
The hook is like in Tayanna's "I Love You". Her voice is similar too. well.. at least in the high notes. And don't even get me started on the theme of the lyrics. :mrgreen:
I just miss the same level of energy and passion Tayanna has, so i'm sticking with Bananas for now, but Tika would also be a good choice. xmusic

"Cicciolina" sounds good to me too. I understand the comparisons with Synne, but the verses of "Cicciolina" are way superior imo.

Finland is 3/3 right now. Keep them coming!

hijirio

Veteran
When you wonder how the music scene will evolve in the new decade and Finland brings you 2010 realness. Tika has a great voice and could definitely be a contender to win the Voice Finland, but the song sounds like a Eurodziesma reject. I mean, you narrow down all the submissions to 7 entries and this makes it to top 7, makes me wonder the quality of the rejected entries.

hijirio

Veteran
An actual footage of YLE social media manager last night

ClearEmptyKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Femmina

:ee: and :dk: will finish higher though in Rotterdam. :p

Oh wow, we haven't heard half of the songs yet, none of the countries select their entry yet and we haven't seen any performances yet. Prejudgmental much?

It might end up being true, sure, but saying it at this stage is kind of bullshit.

It seems like many fans have judged Finland to be doomed already before hearing the songs.

When you wonder how the music scene will evolve in the new decade and Finland brings you 2010 realness. Tika has a great voice and could definitely be a contender to win the Voice Finland, but the song sounds like a Eurodziesma reject. I mean, you narrow down all the submissions to 7 entries and this makes it to top 7, makes me wonder the quality of the rejected entries.

I don't think they were necessarily worse, top 6 were most likely choosed based on the composers and producers, every entry includes people that have done songs for bigger Finnish artists.

opinionsigotem

Cicciolina is the biggest hen party dancefloor bop to come out of Finland since the eternally robbed Bye Bye Baby. What a country. We have no choice but to genuflect in admiration.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
And yet another selection that shapes up to be better than Eesti Laul. Tomi Rahula really deserves to be thrown into a woodchipper huh?

Schlagerman1

Oh my lord, "I Let My Heart Break" has the weirdest verses lyrically in quite some time. The chorus is fine I guess but Tika seems to be such a strong singer that she deserves better.

And well, let's not even comment on "Bananas"....

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
I'll always cherish UMK 2016. It's the best NF in terms of song quality, ever since I started following the contest in 2009. It was miles better than any edition of Melodifestivalen.

Top Bottom