4 2.0%

24 11.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
finland_640.png

LoveHate

Re: FINLAND 2018

No precise details available, but UMK will accept bids again in the fall. Format will probably not change.

anto475

I was going to make the point that I thought they were going to scrap UMK seeing as it has only worked twice out of 6 times. I also thought they were getting Jenni Vartiainen ready seeing as she appeared on UMK with her new single this year and presented the votes!

LoveHate

Umk already accepted bids for next year in February, and more entries can be submitted after the summer. That does not exclude the possibility to invite some of the artists, and pick the rest from all the submitted entries. They may also pick submitted songs and give them to any available artists.

The overall quality of Umk2017 was absolutely dreadful, but I don't know if the submitted songs were 99 % superbad, or if they just picked really crappy songs for the competition. I believe more in the latter.

DanielLuis

I was going to make the point that I thought they were going to scrap UMK seeing as it has only worked twice out of 6 times. I also thought they were getting Jenni Vartiainen ready seeing as she appeared on UMK with her new single this year and presented the votes!

Jenni Vartiainen would be beyond amazing! She could easily win Eurovision, or at least have a song good enough for top 5.

aef

ALMA would be the right choice of course...

Alaska49

SAARA AALTO

that is all.

Joni

Krista and Mikko will host again. more info to be released on 7 November.

NickWilde

I don't know why, i feel the same fate as Demy. I have nothing against Demy but similair because very known and very asked for Euroivsion. Anyway, we're waiting the song to avoid the "hype curse" (Italy 2017)

DanielLuis

Quite shocking!! I hope they find 3 greats songs for her, she truly deserves it.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ZoboCamel

Undecided on this. On one hand, it means we won't get the usual UMK, which is a shame - it's my equal favourite NF every year alongside Melfest. I'm gonna be sad to miss out on that.

On the other hand, Saara Aalto is a cool choice, and I came to quite enjoy No Fear back in 2016. It all depends on what song she ends up with here, of course, but... Finland could be onto something good here! Fingers crossed xprayxcrossed

Also: in before Saara continues her long-standing tradition by coming second place at Eurovision :rolleyes:

DanielLuis

Undecided on this. On one hand, it means we won't get the usual UMK, which is a shame - it's my equal favourite NF every year alongside Melfest. I'm gonna be sad to miss out on that.

On the other hand, Saara Aalto is a cool choice, and I came to quite enjoy No Fear back in 2016. It all depends on what song she ends up with here, of course, but... Finland could be onto something good here! Fingers crossed xprayxcrossed

Also: in before Saara continues her long-standing tradition by coming second place at Eurovision :rolleyes:

You beat me to it, I just came here to say this :lol:
I would bet money right now that Finland will finish second next year!
Saara even said in her interview that what matters is "to have an attitude of winning the contest - or coming second" :lol:

tuorem

Re: FINLAND 2018 - Saara Aalto

The only way for that woman to go to Eurovision was to be internally selected :lol: Shade but no shade. She must be delighted. :D

Personally, I'm not particularly thrilled by that announcement because what she has come up with artistically-speaking so far is... not that special or memorable to me. I need more!

The good side of it is that we're sure to have a good live performance from Finland in Lisbon, but a voice isn't enough (we've had several examples last year), so they'd better pick eventful songs if they want to maximise their chances of qualification and success. I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ringdalen

Re: FINLAND 2018 - Saara Aalto

I have very mixed emotions about this, but it´s a great choice by Finland. xup

Top Bottom