13 4.7%

11 4.0%

12 4.4%

7 2.5%

4 1.5%

13 4.7%

• Total voters

ChrisOL

One of the main issues with the current voting system is that in extreme cases it is still possible for an artist to receive 0 points from a country even though it may have finished 1st in either their televoting or jury vote. A good example of this would be the UK voting results for Poland’s ‘My Slownie’ in 2014. Despite the fact that the song won the public vote (and it’s not too hard to imagine why!) the UK still gave Poland no points because the song scored very poorly with the juries.

That surely cannot be fair. If a song finishes top of one vote then it must surely be worthy of receiving at least a low number of points from that country irrespective of how badly it does in the other vote. This ‘zero sum’ scenario where you finish top of one vote and bottom of the other does not appear to me to be very fair and is in my opinion the reason why Finland was eliminated in the semi-finals. Obviously I have no evidence to prove that Finland were top of the jury vote but when the results are released on Sunday I have a feeling this will be the case.

With the current voting system it is not possible to recieve only 0 points, even if a song finished 1st with the juries or the televote. The problem that you described was a problem with the old voting system ;) In the current system points from juries and from the televote are given seperately :)

Gordon_Shumway

With the new voting system from 2016 this "Poland 2014" scenario cannot happen anymore because jury votes and public votes are given separately.

EDIT ChrisOL was faster.

Milos-BC

Apparently, they said they would gladly return to ESC. I love that spirit xcheer

Ezio

Veteran
I promised to eat the jurors alive if their foster child Australia killed Finland. Now bring'em on!

SpZ

So Finland would have qualified on televote, but got bombed by the juries..... How did that happen???

Tintin

I am absolutely speechless. Only two days ago I posted that the public vote was responsible for Finland not qualifying but it turns out that the juries were responsible??? I give up.

ParadiseES

I can't believe the juries fucked Finland. It really has no sense. And favouring Australia which NOBODY wanted in the final??? :?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I was in a wonderful mood tonight but now I feel like throwing something, perhaps a large plate out of my window. In what world does a group of "music professionals" place an entry like "Black Bird" below poundshop quality eurotrash, from countries that shan't be named by me here... because it's not about them, it's about jurors being absolutely unbelievable. Wow, my faith in the public really is returning. I don't mind the jury being there, and they're there for a reason, but when I see stuff like this, I feel like making them all walk the plank. The jury are now responsible for one of the all time (in my opinion) greatest Eurovision robberies. Very sad. How could they not feel this song?

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
How in the world did the jury ranked this in 12th?

Like... I can't.

This deserved top 5 in the final!

carl1

The fact that Greece got more points with the juries than Finland makes me mad..

LoveHate

The verse of the song was really dull, so I was never crazy about our entry. But I did expect the juries to place it in the top-10. The performance could not have been much better vocally in a semi where many others struggled in that department.

lorens

The fact that Greece got more points with the juries than Finland makes me mad..

Mad, sad, wanting to review the voting guidelines for juries or to kick them out of the voting system altogether, yeah. Yeah.

Ellen

This song wasn't less beautiful, deep and intimate than Salvador's... so why did he (deservedly) won and they didn't even reach the final? Have the juries been drinking?

Chorizo

This song is a typical fan flop. Many fans in the bubble love it but neither juries nor the mainstream audience care much about it. I always thought this song was overrated by the fans.

Top Bottom