Contact us

FIFA World Cup 2022

esc87fan

:be: is up 1-0, but :ca: is holding its own. Let's see what the guys can do in the second half

mauve

Veteran
Didn't look all the time onto the screen, but Canada was amazing. Big time. All the four teams of this group are likeable, it's hard to cheer just for one!

cegs5

:ca: missed the chance to score for the very first time in a World Cup. Nevertheless, good fight Canada against a world class team.

esc87fan

Nothing to be sad about, I'm really proud of what they did today. It will be interesting to see how they take this as motivation into their games against Croatia and Morocco

Milos-BC

Today's matches felt like a real emotional rollercoaster I would say.

The first match was, perhaps the weakest one for watching, but it was still exciting. I think Morocco can be more satisfied with this draw. I hope Croatia will win their second match.

Germany - Japan............what can I say. People who know me well, know that I adore the :de: team, and I am never happy when I see something like this. Now there is an imperative of victory and with :es: showing class and great form in the first match already, it is a very tricky situation. On the other hand, Japan played marvelously and I am happy for them. The player who scored the second goal (Takuma Asano) was a player of my club (Partizan) several years ago and he was one of our crucial players back then. What a player we had....now everyone can see!

The third match.........Spain demonstrated class even though Costa Rica (obviously) wasn't an optimal rival. But I really love this team and I think Spain will go far on this championship.

As for the last match, I didn't expect such an underwhelming play from Belgium. Canada was amazing, they deserved at least a tie. They will definitely be a tricky opponent for everyone in the group.

Zerocalcare

After just twelve games, here is the ranking of points acquired by participant federations:
  1. UEFA (=) 19 points (5 wins - 4 draws - 1 losses / 21 goals scored and 6 conceded / +15 goal difference).
  2. AFC (+1): 6 points (2 win - 0 draws - 3 losses / 7 goals scored and 14 conceded / -7goal difference).
  3. COMNEBOL (-1): 3 points (1 win - 0 draws - 1 loss / 3 goals scored and 2 conceded / +1 goal difference).
  4. CAF (+1) 2 points (0 wins - 2 draws - 1 loss / 0 goals scored and 2 conceded / -2 goal difference).
  5. CONCACAF (-1): 2 point (0 wins - 2 draws - 2 losses / 1 goal scored and 9 conceded / -8 goal difference).
Zerocalcare's Opinions :geek::

Evaluating the last four matches, Morocco and Croatia gave birth to a bad match where no one wanted to lose but not even to win; the Germany that collapses mercilessly against Japan of Tsubasa and Hyuga risks being eliminated once again in the group stage (the next opponent will be Spain!); Belgium claims its quality and experience against a brave but still not up to par Canada; finally Spain, one of the teams I nominated for the final victory, showed great strength and quality. Personally, while I find that the other national teams have strong players and other courage, Spain is the only one that has a great football identity (Tiki Taka can be the winning weapon). And... Europe now is the best football continent 😉

Last edited:

Milos-BC

Tomorrow is the moment of truth for us :rs:xpray

I think we couldn't wish for a better opening. We are playing against the strongest team in the world and a real football powerhouse that deserves nothing but full respect. I think Brazil is the biggest favorite to win this World Cup as well. There is nothing to lose (we have two matches left after this one) but there is a lot to get potentially.

Unfortunately, Kostić isn't 100% ready for this duel and this will be a handicap for us because Kostić is one of our key players, but everyone else is ready for the challenge that awaits tomorrow.

The results so far have shown that nobody is untouchable and underdogs can be dangerous.

We need to play our game and we need to show the things we were showing in the last 2 years. And then, anything is possible.

Very excited and can't wait until tomorrow!

Charly

Nothing to be sad about, I'm really proud of what they did today. It will be interesting to see how they take this as motivation into their games against Croatia and Morocco
I take the 1-0 result as a positive for Morocco to know that how dreadful Belgium is rn and the possibility of beating them :lol:

hijirio

Veteran
My wishlist for today

Cumeroon
South Korea
Ghana
and my ultimate favorite SRBIJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! xlove xheat xlove xheat

This World Cup proved that everything is unpredictable, so I'm keeping my fingers and camel toes crossed.

hijirio

Veteran
The Swiss player that scored the goal against Cameroon is of Cameroonian descent himself. I count this as a win for Cameroon regardless xlove

Milos-BC

:ch: played with like half of their capacity. The first half was slightly underwhelming, the second one was better. The match with them will definitely be a knockout duel for both us and :ch: .

Cameroon has some great individuals but also certain weaknesses that we will have to exploit in our second match. It won't be easy.

ESC94

The interest in :de: has reached a low point. Yesterday only 9,23 million watched the match against :jp:. You may say that´s still a lot, but back in 2018 ALL group games had more than 25 million viewers. xshock

Top Bottom