I think we can be happy with this draw.

mauve

Veteran
:de: :jp::es:
and
Costa Rica (didn't find the flag) or :nz:

ShoeFlo

a) the toughest possible group
:es: (I fear them more than France, they always make us look like school boys)
:de:
Senegal (Would have chosen Serbia but this would be the third European team... so I guess Senegal is the Pot 3 team to fear, they could put on a big fight for the reasons I told you some posts ago)
:ca: (outperformed Mexico and the US, 'nough said. However, none of the pot 4 teams should make us too much trouble)

b) the walkover group
:qa: (After their matches against European teams in the last couple of years, I would guess they would be an average Nations League C team in European football. Not endangered to get relegated to League D, yet not the major contenders to promote to League B either. We really should beat them despite their home advantage)
:tn: (we also have a history of struggles against North African teams, Tunisia however is one of the harmless ones. Morocco would give me more headaches)
Costa Rica (they will beat :nz: but this is the maximum they will achieve. Unexperienced team, almost no player is active in Europe. This will break their necks)

c) my favorite group
:be: (playing attractive attacking football, but have a shaky defense line. They are very good, but imo we can handle them. Moreover: they are the only good team of Pot A we did not meet yet in a major tournament since 2010)
:jp: (I like the country, I like the football they're playing. Many Japanese players play or have once played in German club football and they're mostly doing well. They've got a great mentality, technical skill set and good pace. Also in this set-up they would face Belgium and I remember Belgium vs Japan was one of the most stunning matches in WC 2018)
:ca: (Yep, Canada again. While they're maybe the hardest opponent of Pot 4 I still want them to join our group xheat )

Funny how we ended up with one team of each of my group suggestions
Spain from the tough one, Costa Rica (or New Zealand...) from the easy one and Japan from my favorite group xcrazy
Generally I like the draw xup

Looren

Veteran
Well, if Canada moves on to the knockout rounds and Morocco doesn't, you can always support us then :)

Well I want Morocco and Belgium to qualify but yeah you're right

It's a very open group, everyone can qualify ! Good luck !

aletem

Seeing that Macedonia was close making it, I guess I have to settle for only Canada this time and that is great too! I think the group isn't easy. Would have preferred those turds from Tunisia a lot more over Morocco, but it is what it is. Belgium is strong, but they are not France or England at the same time. Croatia hasn't been playing well, so maybe Canada stands a solid chance there. Although, it will be tough even with them. It's a good prep for what is coming in 2026, where surely Canada will be in pot 1and will be one of the hosts.

Himan

Canada has a good chance qualifying from this group. Don't underestimate yourselves. We (Netherlands) have the dream draw I hoped for. Not saying we're qualifying easily. Qatar will be underestimated, I mean they won the Asia Cup and can prepare the best. But should be doable(especially compared with other Pot 1 teams) . Ecuador is from South America, so always difficult. That being said not filled with the greatest players.
Senegal is the toughest team of Africa at the moment, so also not a walkover, but they can't prepare like Qatar can do. Mané can easily score goal against us, but they have a lot of good players in their team. But in the end this could be a lot more difficult and it's also a good draw looking further than this round, thus I'm happy.

Realest

So apparently Senegal vs The Netherlands will be the first Match and Ecuador vs Qatar the third One.

Zerocalcare

GROUP STAGE:

GROUP A:
  1. Netherlands
  2. Qatar
  3. Ecuador
  4. Senegal
GROUP B:
  1. England
  2. Ukraine
  3. Iran
  4. USA
GROUP C:
  1. Argentina
  2. Mexico
  3. Poland
  4. Saudi Arabia
GROUP D:
  1. Denmark
  2. France
  3. Perù
  4. Tunisia

GROUP E:
  1. Germany
  2. Spain
  3. Japan
  4. Costa Rica
GROUP F:
  1. Belgium
  2. Croatia
  3. Canada
  4. Morocco
GROUP G:
  1. Switzerland
  2. Serbia
  3. Brazil
  4. Camerun
GROUP H:
  1. Uruguay
  2. Portugal
  3. Ghana
  4. South Korea
ROUND OF 16:

1. Netherlands vs Ukraine
  2. Argentina vs France
  3. Germany vs Croatia
  4. Switzerland vs Portugal
  5. England vs Qatar
  6. Denmark vs Mexico
  7. Belgium vs Spain
  8. Uruguay vs Serbia
QUARTER FINALS:
  1. Ukraine vs Argentina
  2. Germany vs Portugal
  3. England vs Mexico
  4. Spain vs Uruguay
SEMIFINALS:
  1. Argentina vs Germany
  2. England vs Uruguay
FINAL:
  1. Argentina vs England

Charly

What have you got against African countries :lol:

I would not underestimate Senegal, they have quality and can provide good chances in their group.

Morocco can provide a challenge if luck is on their side it was mere unlucky in the previous WC where there has been poor refereeing that robbed chances from winning Poetugal or Spain

blue00eyes

Yeah, Senegal is dangerous.

As for our group, Argentina is a safe bet, then actually Mexico. Poland could be better than Saudi Arabia but they'll play in their climate so it's hard to predict the outcome.

Zerocalcare

I really hope that :ua: will beat :sc: tonight xheart
Are you sure you want to cheer Ukraine? Humanly and sportingly, I wish them to win and participate in the Qatar 2022 World Cup and who knows, like a Cinderella, to win it surprising everyone but... the victory of Ukraine opens up a scenario that many have not thought of: the remote repechage of Italy :eek:

Let's take a step back first, remember when Iran first and Ecuador then had problems with FIFA? In both cases, if an exclusion had happened there would have been a repechage but this would have been enjoyed only by the national teams belonging to the AFC and COMNEBOL federations. Only in the event of the exclusion of a UEFA team would Italy be rescued thanks to the higher ranking (the victory against Turkey was very important in order not to lose precious points). Now you know that Ukraine is going through a very troubled time and that anything can happen. Surely Ukraine, if it wins, will go to the World Cup and I wish it but we cannot but reflect on a hypothesis that would also leave Italy an infinitesimal margin of maneuver.

So, if you really want to cheer Ukraine you must also hope that everything goes well or... the unthinkable could happen! Michael Corleone is plotting in the shadows! :devilish::lol:

Top Bottom