Contact us

FIFA World Cup 2022

Gabor77

Congrats North Macedonia!!! One of the biggest surprises and achievements in history xheat xqueenbitchxshock

ShoeFlo

LMAOOOOOOOOOO just hoping :de: doesn't win the Cup then our lead will be secured for another year

gretchen-danca.gif

The World Cup Final is on my birthday. It's most probably the only chance I could celebrate a World Cup title on my birthday (unless they give the WC to a desert country again), so you better cross the fingers for us Germans IOTAP You can win it in 2026 again :lol:

aletem

Here we go, Canada vs. Costa Rica is on right now. Wish us luck! :ca:
Not going well so far, but regardless as Canada needs to beat Jamaica home in three days. I am going to watch it live on BMO field! :cool:xdance2

mauve

Veteran
I am so happy that :jp:, my second home country, qualified! :love: I would wish a surprise victory for them in December - and I hope that Germany will do fine again (since we will experience a disappointment at ESC anyway, I hope Germany will impress at soccer for heavens sake!!!). Sad for Italy being out. but that happens so often. At top, then fall real deep. Ask Germany and some others. ;)

Last edited:

ShoeFlo

Regarding Italy it's not only a "deep fall". Italy's late history is an unique roller coaster ride. It looks like Italy has two faces: The beautiful Euro face and the ugly World Cup face.

All started in 2010 when Italy got humiliated in a WC group with New Zealand, Paraguay and Slovakia and finished on last place without a win. Against the odds Italy quickly rose like a phoenix (ESC reference not intended) and they reached the final of Euro 2012. I remember Balotelli has his one great game for the national team, when he knocked us out single-handedly, although we were on our peak back in 2012... Anyway, Italy went to Brazil 2014 with good confidence but yet again failed to get over the group stage, losing to Costa Rica. Then in 2016 I remember Italy had a lot of injuries prior to the Euro and they were considered a potential flop once again... and they did what? Beating the eternal dark horse Belgium and defending champion Spain. We beat them in quarter final but we needed an never-ending penalty shoot-out to do so, although we were still close to our peak level. Then Italy ended up in the play-offs for WC 2018, which wasn't exactly a shame because they were unlucky to get drawn with Spain in the Qualification group. Italy however failed to score a single time against the Swedish wall and missed the WC.... typically they got their shit together right before the Euros, deservedly won the tournament. Kept a clean sheet for 12 consecutive matches (until Austria scored against them), broke the world record of most unbeaten consecutive matches (36) but then gave away what looked like a safe WC qualification because they choked against Bulgaria and Northern Irelanad and Jorginho missed a late penalty against Switzerland which would have booked their tickets for Qatar...

I mostly support Italy because I have Italian origin on my father's side, yet I've never been a crazy fan. But if I was, I would have driven mad long ago. The only predictable of Italy's performance is the unpredictability. Well, actually if we get rid of World Cups and only play Euros, Italy shall do consistently well xcrazy
But to think that in in 2025 people get full-aged who weren't even born when Italy played their last knock-out match in a WC (final of 2006) is utterly crazy. About the yesterday match I wonder how should I explain to people who didn't watch the match how Berardi failed to score from this position xcrazy

277231551_10222749607982860_2760896698362286055_n.jpg

Realest

Mali lost. Katar is pretty likely the only Newcomer.

ShoeFlo

Mali can still turn this around.

They are overall the better team. The defender Sissako lost it for them today with that tragicomical own goal that came from nowhere and his red card a few moments later. Mali still put on a good performance with 10 vs 11. Let's see how they're doing in the second leg. Tunisia might be too clever to give it out of their hands though

Once again the African teams are stingy with goals but the good thing is that no fixture is over yet, everything's still open. I can see some extra times coming.

Looren

Veteran
Once again the African teams are stingy with goals

Yeah but I mean the big issue for that is weather, players are coming from European teams where weather is like 10° and then they shoud play at like 40°

We saw in the CAN that when they got adapted to the weather their level go up, same for the amount of goals

Realest

Salomon Islands beat Papua Neuguinea 3:2 and are now in the Final vs Tahiti/New Zealand.

Looren

Veteran
Salomon Islands beat Papua Neuguinea 3:2 and are now in the Final vs Tahiti/New Zealand.

New Zealand won 1 - 0, so the barragist place will be for one of those two teams

Hoping for Solomon Island xheart

Top Bottom