Contact us

FIFA World Cup 2022

Himan

Canada is going to qualify and I don't hope Netherlands will draw them cause they are secretly difficult.

Realest

:ec: is almost in
:co:l is almost out.

JChan

It's genuinely so crazy to me that a team that once went an entire year scoring just *one* goal is on the verge of qualifying for the World Cup. I never thought i would see it in my lifetime. xpray

esc87fan

It's genuinely so crazy to me that a team that once went an entire year scoring just *one* goal is on the verge of qualifying for the World Cup. I never thought i would see it in my lifetime. xpray
They just got to beat Costa Rica next month and they're in!

aletem

There was not a single ticket to be found for the game vs USA in Hamilton. I think they only need one victory (the home match against Jamaica) to be formally in. Although, I would love if Canada beats Costa Rica and ensures they won't even play in the play-offs.

Realest

Well, congrats :pl: for making the Playoff-Final.

ShoeFlo

Congrats :jp: and Saudi Arabia for sealing the deal

Especially :jp: were pretty dominant today, should have scored more than twice (Minamino I think hit the crossbar twice) The qualification wasn't for granted after Japan had quite a bad start in this campaign. But in the end they are too strong to fail in Asia.

Saudi Arabia lost their 1st place in the group after drawing with China, but it doesn't matter anyway.

:au: now is the unlucky one that has to face a South American competitor in the inter-continental play-offs... but of course, Australia has to beat the 3rd best Team of Group A first, which is probably gonna be UAE

Looren

Veteran
:jp: ::sa :ir: and :kr: were all pretty impressive in these qualifiers, Asian teams are always pretty hard to play in WC and it won't change this year !

ShoeFlo

Well, Saudi Arabia are usually the whipping boys of WC. It's a shame there are the same four, five qualifiers from Asia over and over again. North Korea 2010 was an exception, they had a remarkable run in the qualification but turned out to be uncompetitive in the WC (that a team from an isolated country could qualify says a lot about the quality of Asian football). Some teams are making progress (like Vietnam, Thailand) but it's a long way to develop players who can compete in, let's say, an average European first division.

Looren

Veteran
Well, Saudi Arabia are usually the whipping boys of WC. It's a shame there are the same four, five qualifiers from Asia over and over again. North Korea 2010 was an exception, they had a remarkable run in the qualification but turned out to be uncompetitive in the WC (that a team from an isolated country could qualify says a lot about the quality of Asian football). Some teams are making progress (like Vietnam, Thailand) but it's a long way to develop players who can compete in, let's say, an average European first division.

Yes I agree but some Asian teams really start to get a nice level like Oman, Iraq, UAE, China

hijirio

Veteran
I LOVE YOU MACEDONIA

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU

i-love-you-i-love-greece.gif

ShoeFlo

Very noble of :it: to boycott the World Cup in Qatar due to human rights violations going on there

no, srsly, this is a shock :(

Anyway: Congrats North Macedonia, what a great team that is. First they beat us on our home ground, now Italy... only the sky's the limit

Top Bottom