Contact us

FIFA World Cup 2022

Milos-BC

I don't even know what to say after a match like this, I need to wait for my head to cool down a bit before analyzing.

Zerocalcare

I like Ghana very much ::ghxheart I like their courageous football and the warmth of their fans. For me, they are the best African team, the ones who have played better xclap

My preference ranking of CAF teams is as follows:
  1. Ghana xkiss
  2. Senegal and Cameroon xup
  3. Tunisia xcoffee
  4. Morocco xbeee
My ranking of African teams that have played better is as follows:
  1. Ghana (fun football and put a great Portugal in serious difficulty, a team that blends a lot of quality with a lot of solidity)
  2. Morocco (could be first but I put him second because he played less fun football and beat a less strong Belgium than Portugal, a team with excellent ideas in attack but very slow in defense)
  3. Cameroon (excellent recovery against Serbia)
  4. Senegal (they have only beaten Qatar so far but I think it is a team with potential)
  5. Tunisia (excellent draw with Denmark and that's it).

Zerocalcare

I don't even know what to say after a match like this, I need to wait for my head to cool down a bit before analyzing.
Tonight I'll post my usual match analysis but I tell you that I'm very disappointed in Serbia. I had many expectations and I hoped he would do well (because many players play in Serie A). I don't understand why the Slavic national teams, which have always had so many beautiful champions (for me they have always had a nursery of future champions even higher than the best South American teams), are unable to collect results. Maybe it's a psychological thing xthink

Zerocalcare

Ghana excellent attack and a lot of courage but bad defense and little concentration. It's always fun to see Ghana play but solidity cannot be overlooked. I seem to see the A.S. Roma coached by Fonseca or Zeman :lol:

Milos-BC

Tonight I'll post my usual match analysis but I tell you that I'm very disappointed in Serbia. I had many expectations and I hoped he would do well (because many players play in Serie A). I don't understand why the Slavic national teams, which have always had so many beautiful champions (for me they have always had a nursery of future champions even higher than the best South American teams), are unable to collect results. Maybe it's a psychological thing xthink

It is a psychological thing 100%. Against Brazil, we couldn't do much, Brazil is a better team, and simply put, we didn't have an answer. Theory is one thing but in reality, we were neutralized.

But today, the result is a combination of certain psychological barriers that we still have + tragic mistakes in the defense. The defense has been our problem for quite a while and unfortunately, on a championship like this, mistakes like these cost a lot.

I think we played a good match until the third goal. Offensively, we were quite good. We scored three goals and we had a chance for additional goals.......but after the third goal, instead of slowing down, strengthening the middle and retaining possession( since we had the result we needed), we moved forward completely unnecessarily and we conceived two amateurish goals. Almost like it was a training match. And after that moment, we couldn't recover (mentally).

For us, it is good that Brazil managed to beat Switzerland in a match that was tough as I expected. Now we need to beat Switzerland to advance to the next round and this will be a "do or die" match for us. It will be extremely difficult, Switzerland is experienced, they don't conceive a lot of goals and they have great transition. But we've chosen a hard route and this is the only way. Motivation won't be a problem for this match. It is enough for everyone to watch the duel from the last World Cup and to see how the Swiss goals were celebrated. This should be watched every day on repeat and motivation won't be a problem. If we can't win this match....and now we have an opportunity for a rematch, we don't have the quality to pass the group at this point and this is the truth that needs to be accepted.

I will comment on the other two matches tomorrow.

mauve

Veteran
Today the last games of the group stages beginn! I hope that Iran will make it! Keeping my fingers also crossed for Senegal, but I would be fine with Ecuador as well!

hijirio

Veteran
Em7JbIWVoAA3WHj.jpg

Rocket man

Manchester's Marcus Rashford and Phil Foden really delivered for England in the 2nd half, great result. England through to knock out rounds.

Realest

After the last 2 Worldcups I thought its Irans Time to shine, especially in this rather weak Group. But now their Momentum is over. They are officially back to Irrelevance. Next World Cup they wont even qualify.

Looren

Veteran
Sad for Iran who did very well this World Cup (except their opening game), USA were strong but yeah Iran could've done it, still kudos to them

Also kudos to Ecuador for their quite good WC

The two first knockout games :

USA/Neds
Senegal/England

ShoeFlo

After the last 2 Worldcups I thought its Irans Time to shine, especially in this rather weak Group. But now their Momentum is over. They are officially back to Irrelevance. Next World Cup they wont even qualify.

in next world cup there will be 48 teams and 8 of them from Asia, I doubt they will fail to qualify. The competition in Asia is weak

Btw, despite some good results now I believe all Asian teams will fail to advance from the group stage... unless Spain loses to Japan by purpose in order to kick Germany out and to become 2nd in the group which can be an advantage because they would avoid Brazil in quarter finals.
Despite Mexico being weak I dont believe Saudi Arabia will beat them, Australia will imo lose to Denmark and South Korea is almost in an hopeless position anyway (which feels unfair because they are the Asian team that plays the most attractive football)

Tomorrow I will cross my fingers for :dk: :tn: :pl: and Saudi-Arabia
I will most likely watch :dk: vs :au: in Group D and a conference of both matches of Group C

mauve

Veteran
Btw, despite some good results now I believe all Asian teams will fail to advance from the group stage... unless Spain loses to Japan by purpose in order to kick Germany out and to become 2nd in the group which can be an advantage because they would avoid Brazil in quarter finals.
Same thought I had but I hope that Spain will remain fair. Unless Germany scores very high (+8 goals), but I dout that highly.

Well, today some really nice games are ahead of us.I am hoping that Tunesia, Denmark and Poland will win. I have no real preference between Mexico and Saudi Arabia, but maybe keep my fingers more crossed for the latter. Good luck to all teams again! :)

Milos-BC

The results from yesterday's matches were more or less expected. I'm glad to see Senegal making it through. I expected a draw with Ecuador but they played a great match and deserved to make it through. Qatar delivered yet another underwhelming match. Definitely the weakest team on this World Cup. And this is the first time in a while that we have the host team ending with 0 points.

England has shown class against Wales which, for me, is one of the biggest disappointments of this World Cup. As for Iran, I still think it's a great team but they definitely lacked the "x factor" that would push them through to the next stage. Objectively, the two best teams in the group qualified in the end.

Top Bottom