Contact us

FIFA World Cup 2022

Realest

Havent heard any Autokorso, havent heard anyone cheering (even during Croatia-Matches, where there is the biggest Noise usually), havent seen any Germany-Flags on Balconies... There is literally 0 Hype here.

LakZaNokte

Ok, so our next match (Belgium) should be a decent bloodbath.

Yeah, we can get away with a tie but we don’t really know how to play on a tie so…

ESC94

Havent heard any Autokorso, havent heard anyone cheering (even during Croatia-Matches, where there is the biggest Noise usually), havent seen any Germany-Flags on Balconies... There is literally 0 Hype here.

What did you expect with the current temperatures?? :ROFLMAO:

Realest

I know, but I expected at least a tiny little bit Worldcup-Fever.

mauve

Veteran
If Per Mertesacker can bear it in an ice barrel, we Fans should be able to bear such temperature as well! :ROFLMAO:

Mainshow

Veteran
I went to the largest shopping mall in Germany and I haven´t noticed any flags or "merchandise items" which has been used to decorate the hallways or restaurants - even at their "Bavarian-style" restaurant next to the Christmas market - no single sign of the world cup - I noticed that another restaurant was broadcasting the Poland vs (I forgot the country they were playing against yesterday) match but again, no flags etc.

I think that it´s still popular and people watch it but I fully agree with you, guys - this time.. it doesn´t really feel like the previous world cups - no excitement or partying (probably also caused by the weather/season/current war).

Milos-BC

Our match comes next.

Thankfully, we can count on all players now, which means we can play offensively and with two attackers from the beginning just like we played in the qualifications and the League of Nations.

I don't expect an easy job against Cameroon. African teams are always tricky and they will also do everything they can to stay undefeated on this match. But with the right approach, I believe we will prove that we are a better team. 3 points are an imperative tomorrow.

ShoeFlo

@all the Germans here Same here... no flags, no public watching, no car parades... nobody in my family is watching World Cup and in the office there is only one good colleague who is as crazy as I am about the World Cup
I am working for a newspaper and before the WC we interviewed six different people who are actually notorious football fans (football player, local politician, football fan, bar owner) in our area and only one of them said he would actually watch the World Cup.
Well, nevermind! Thank god there are great people from all over the world I can talk to about this event

Regarding the Germany match... I am very proud of the boys, I didn't believe after the shocking result vs Japan, the whole political discussion and the media pressure, they could put Spain in such a danger to lose... in the end we had the majority of chances and were closer to win this match. Shame Sané didn't converted the last chance.. I think he should have tried to lob the ball over the keeper. Actually our team has got more mental strength and fighting spirit than I believe they had
This was easily the best match of the national team in this year. yes, in this year we also beat Italy by 5:2 but they played more or less with their B-team... tbh we also had one great match against Portugal in the Euro last year and still flopped in the end. But the one tonight felt better even though it "only" ended in a draw.

No need to say how happy I am for Füllkrug, this was a very special moment and I screamed out loud when his shot hit the net... what a finish and what a cool guy. He's got such a reckless (positively) and cheaky attitude, he doesn't think a lot but he follows his instinct and it works great for him... Just like in the short time he played against Japan he won countless aerial duels. I think he should start against Costa Rica

Zerocalcare

We have almost reached the end of the second day of the World Cup and finally the technical analysis of Zerocalcare that you are very passionate about is about to begin xheya

Mom xhmmm : "Where are you going, my dear?"

EscYOUnited forumist xangel : "Reading the football analyzes of Zerocalcare!"

Mom xhmmm "Really? Run now! Don't miss a word!"

xroflxroflxrofl

Now that you are here we can see together how the classification of the federations has changed:

1. UEFA (=) 37 points out of 66 available (10 wins - 8 draws* - 5 defeats / 35 goals scored and 14 conceded / + 21 goals difference).
  2. AFC (=): 13 points out of 30 available (4 wins - 1 draw - 6 defeats / 11 goals scored and 20 conceded / - 9 goals difference).
  3. COMNEBOL (=): 11 points out of 18 available (3 wins - 2 draws - 1 defeat / 8 goals scored and 3 conceded / + 5 goal difference).
  4. CAF (=) 8 points out of 24 available (2 wins - 2 draws - 4 defeats / 7 goals scored and 8 conceded / - 1 goal difference).
  5. CONCACAF (=): 6 points out of 21 available (1 win - 3 draws - 4 defeats / 3 goals scored and 15 conceded / - 12 goals difference).
*Note: the draw between Germany and Spain is to be considered a double gain for UEFA which thus gets two points. However, I only considered 3 points available for the federation. Therefore, in this case UEFA earned 2 points out of 3 available.

Zerocalcare's Opinions :geek::

Japan vs Costa Rica: there is little to say here, Japan has lost a very important opportunity. Now Spain's draw has complicated things because "the red furies" will play to the fullest. Obviously the Japanese can count on the "samurai spirit" but will it be enough? The technical gap with the Spaniards and the always annoying Tiki Taka could be too big an obstacle to overcome. Japan can also get through the round with a draw but must hope that Germany's winners against Costa Rica do not improve their goal difference or that Costa Rica draw with Germany. Costa Rica, on the other hand, after the great disappointment of the previous match, put in an orderly performance and struck at the right time with a lethal foil shot. For Costa Rica against Germany it will be the "match of the life" a victory would be very important because Japan will face Spain while the draw against the Teutonics can only be useful if Spain beats Japan.

Belgium vs Morocco: Belgium tries to assert their individuality at the beginning of the match but they were defeated by teamwork and the quality of the best Moroccan selection ever. The Moroccan public was then the "twelfth man" on the pitch. It was like playing Casablanca. A fiery atmosphere that ensnared De Bruyne and his companions. Morocco now have a "simple challenge" ahead of them and qualification is within reach. They will face an already eliminated Canada while Belgium will face a strong Croatia. Belgium on the other hand proves to be the usual team that fails at the moment of truth. The golden generation of Belgium has been shining but in practice it is a team that has not won anything. If Belgium fails to renew its generation, now that the previous one is at the end of the line, they will see dark years ahead of them. Mention aside, he condemned the behavior of Moroccan fans in Brussels. You can rejoice but not be uncivilized xangry Especially towards a country that allows you to live and earn. #respect IOTAP

Croatia vs Canada: not much to say here either. Croatia was superior. It is true that Croatia is no longer that of 2018 but it is still a very respectable and difficult team. We need another great performance against Belgium. Qualification is one step away. Croatians can pass the round with 2 out of 3 useful results (win and draw). Canada, on the other hand, is not yet ready for the big world stage. After many dreams their feet are back on the ground. Their best generation is good and, if they continue to work well, they could become stronger in 2026. However, 2022-2026 aside, Canada will have to show their quality in the long run by managing to collect qualifications for the top world competition consistently. Only in this way can we say that it was not just "a passing improvement". I advise the Canadian federation to register for at least one COMNEBOL championship (as Japan and Mexico have done in the past). Facing more opponents could help them grow as a national team xleft

Spain vs. Germany: Spain squanders an easy win against a less-than-splendid Germany. Now the Spaniards will have to work overtime to get through the shift. However, Germany put "the right attitude" into the match: to worry Tiki Taka you need aggression, pressing and a counter-attack. Musiala, even if he missed a goal already scored, surprised me. He is the true future talent of the German national team. Qualification for the Germans will be very hard to achieve because they will have to pay attention to goal difference and two fierce opponents such as Japan and Costa Rica. If I had to make a prediction on Germany - Costa Rica I would say that the Germans are stronger but football, especially this edition of the World Championship, has reserved us unexpected surprises. A separate consideration, the draw obtained with Spain is fine, which is gold, but tonight's too many yellow cards and the tough challenge ahead with Costa Rica could cause many players to be disqualified for the round of 16. A big problem for a national team that is currently valid mostly thanks to their talents rather than in the choral game.

As for the associations, UEFA continues to gain ground, the AFC loses it and COMNEBOL stands by because they didn't play today. Growth of CAF which thanks to Morocco gets 3 points and CONCACAF which, thanks to Costa Rica, although last among the federations, follows in the wake of the CAF. Let's see how tomorrow's matches will change our ranking xup

I know you're sad about the end of your favorite football show hosted by Zerocalcare but don't despair, we'll see you tomorrow xbeach

Good night to all xsleep

Last edited:

Miloutchi

The lack of enthusiasm can also be found in Belgium and the Netherlands. The weather certainly has to do with it. 4 years ago there was more going on than now in the Netherlands and the Netherlands didn’t even qualify for that WC.

mauve

Veteran
I live in a smaller city, but there is absolutely no hype or whatsoever either. And I do understand. It may be because of boycotting it, but a part is also of the WC not being in summer, I think. And even though I follow closely this WC just as any other tournaments, I also feel that my enthusiasm is not 100% there. But I love following this thread and reading how many of you feel. And I am happy when our dear @Looren is ecited or when @ShoeFlo as a Bremer is happy when Füllkrug is scoring. Sharing joy makes my excitement for this WC more real. :)

And by the way rooting today for Cameroon, Ghana (South Korea is okay as well), Switzerland and Uruguay!

hijirio

Veteran
My faves for today (aka jinxed flops)

:rs:xlove :rs: xlove :rs:: Serbia :rs:xlove :rs: xlove :rs::
Ghana
Brazil
Uruguay

ShoeFlo

Crossing my fingers for :rs: :kr: and Uruguay

Not sure about Brazil vs Switzerland. Actually I am supporting the underdogs but I've always found Switzerland a bit boring (apart from that phenomenal win against France last year xheat ) and at the same time I was deeply impressed by the display of Brazilian national team against Serbia and I am eager to see their beautiful play again

Useless yet interesting fun fact: Since their world cup win 2002 Brazil didn't win a single WC match against an European team that is not from former Yugoslavia (they beat Serbia and Croatia twice each). So a win against Switzerland would be somewhat special xcrazy

Zerocalcare

There is Italy in the goals between Cameroon and Serbia. For Cameroon, Jean-Charles Castelletto from a Friulian father (northern Italy) and a Cameroonian mother but... born in France! 😃 For Serbia, Milinkovic-Savic who plays in Serie A and is the hero of the S.S. Lazio (a Roman team).

mauve

Veteran
Holy moly, just have a break from teaching - 3:3 now??? What kind of game is that? Need to see the highlights afterwards! :D

Top Bottom