Contact us

FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 - RUSSIA

Schlagerman1

Looking back, I have the Feeling that :fr:s Victory is already forgotten, while :de:s Victory will be remembered for always.

Surely I do remember the german win (especially the semi final against Brazil), but I will never forget the final in 2018 between France and Croatia, for many reasons. Firstly, having Croatia there was epic, finally their team get the recognition they deserve. Also being one of the finals with the most goals scored was also special (especially, since we have had pretty low scoring finals these last years). So yeah, I do remember the french win, a really deserved one too IMO...but it history continues, than France will probably ruin themselves in 2022, like all other recent european winners. :lol:

Realest

Maybe that's because you're German

Has nothing to do with that, but :de: had lots of legendary Matches vs Portugal, Algeria, Brasil, Argentina etc... and what about :fr:?

JamieBrown

Has nothing to do with that, but :de: had lots of legendary Matches vs Portugal, Algeria, Brasil, Argentina etc... and what about :fr:?

I would strike the match vs Argentina definitely, maybe Algeria also (the legendary only exists in Germany imo), France played outstanding matches together with Argentina and Croatia.

Of course we remember German victories more, it's okay. But the legendary of a world champion is always the same, even Italy 2006

ShoeFlo

How was the Algeria match a legendary one? xcrazy the only legendary performance of the pitch was the one of Manuel Neuer who saved our neck multiple times.

The final against Argentina was just like any other final (apart of the last one) very tatical. And although it was a balanced match Argentina had the better opportunities and fell victim to their bad nerves. We were rather lucky on that day, even though the goal was a very nice one and I will always remember that.

If people remember our WC 2014 squad better than France WC 2018 squad then it will be mostly because of the Brazil humiliation. This match overshadows the fact we had a lot of up's and down's in that tournament

Realest

:de: was much better than :kr:. Im still annoyed that we couldnt see :de: vs :br: in the 1/8-Final, althogh :br: would have won easily.

Top Bottom