Contact us

FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL XII - FINAL (Ddl: 2/8 @ 19 CET)

Schlagerman1

Hello everyone, it is about time we revive a contest from the past, The Festival De National! :D Here 40 of our beloved songs from Europe’s national finals gets to compete for an another glory. The rules to join are very simple:

1. You pick 4 songs and rank these from 1-4 (1 being the one you want the most, 4 the one you want the least) and send them to me by pm.. All four songs have to come from four different years (1956-2018) but it doesn’t matter if the songs come from the same country. You can pick any song you like, since it is a revival of the contest. However, the songs that ended in the top 3 in the first 11 contests and the resurrection special, are not allowed to be chosen (click HERE to see the list of those 36 songs). At least two songs of yours will be entered into the competition.

2. The songs doesn’t have to be a live performance anymore. The only rule I have with the videos is that it should be as good sound and video quality as possible. Also, I want you to use videos that are on Youtube, Dailymotion or Vimeo. If I don’t find a video in time for the first semifinal, I will move down to your 3rd or 4th choice.

3. If two or more people have sent the same song or performer, a draw will be made to determine who gets it. The one that loses the draw will move down to pick its third or fourth choice. If someone happens to run out of choices, I will send a pm to the person to pick two new reserve acts as soon as possible.

4. The deadline for sending songs to me ends on Tuesday the 8th of July at 19 CET. A maximum of 20 people is allowed to send songs, so if we get full before that, then the deadline ends immediately. If there are places left after the end of the deadline, then I will make a draw to determine which people will have a third song in the contest. Also, after an error by me in the last edition, [MENTION=5057]Arv[/MENTION] is for certain allowed to have 3 songs if he applies to the competition.

The 40 songs will be divided into 4 semis with 10 songs in each. The draw is made so that everyone has at most one song in each semi. It is also made so that it is equally first and 2nd choices are competing in each semifinal. Two songs from each semi will go straight to the final, while 3 songs will go to the 2nd chance. There, 6 duels will be held where the winner in each and the “Lucky Loser” qualifies to the grand finale. Also, the one that picked last editions winning song; “Kom Ut Som En Stjärna” with After Dark, which was [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION], will get to pick a song that gets eliminated during the rounds (not a song of his own though), but that joins the final, ending it all with 16 finalists.

The hosting cities have been randomly selected, this edition, these are hosting:
Semi 1 – Saint Petersburg, Russia
Semi 2 – Heerenveen, Netherlands
Semi 3 – Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Semi 4 – Bitola, FYR Macedonia
2nd chance – Valetta, Malta
Final – Kaunas, Lithuania

WELCOME TO KAUNAS!

kaunas_at_night_by_lazysnow-d5r82i1.jpg

Welcome to the grand final of the 12th edition of FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL! 16 songs will be competing here in Zalgiris Arena!

zalgiris-arena-lt-3090787.ashx

Time to listen to the finalists, here they are:
1. :ua: 2018 – “Syla” Illaria
2. :ee: 2016 – “Seis” Mick Pedaja
3. :ge: 2016 – ”Sugar And Milk” Young Georgian Lolitaz
4. :lv: 2015 – “Nefelibata” MNTHA
5. :sl: 2006 – “Mandoline” Saša Lendero
6. :ee: 2018 – “(Can’t Keep Calling) Misty” Frankie Animal
7. :hu: 2018 – ”Azt Mondtad” Dánielfy Gergely
8. :se: 2017 – “Statements” Loreen
9. :de: 2011 – “Push Forward” Lena Meyer-Landrut
10. :it: 1967 – ”Ciao Amore Ciao” Dalida
11. :se: 2008 – “I Lågornas Sken” Nordman
12. :pt: 2018 – “Anda Estragar-Me Os Planos” Joana Barra Vaz
13. :dk: 2017 – “Northern Lights” Sada Vidoo
14. :se: 2017 – “As I Lay Me Down” Wiktoria
15. :lv: 2018 – ”Esamība” MADARA
16. :se: 2017 – “En Värld Full Av Strider (Eatneme Gusnie Jeenh Dåaroeh)” Jon Henrik Fjällgren feat. Aninia

RECAP

You vote by using the ESC-system: 12, 10, 8-1 (six songs get 0 points).
Everyone is of course welcomed to vote, even if you didn't send in any songs.
You are allowed to vote for the songs you picked yourself.
You need to vote before the end of the deadline, which ends on Thursday the 2nd of August @ 19 CET!

START VOTING NOW! :D

Schlagerman1

Re: FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL XII - THE REVIVAL!

Sending a little ping to people that has joined this contest most recent. :)
[MENTION=12800]Adrian[/MENTION] [MENTION=4386]anselm[/MENTION] [MENTION=5057]Arv[/MENTION] [MENTION=11212]CaraMia[/MENTION] [MENTION=14938]Dutchball[/MENTION] [MENTION=13043]EDC0708[/MENTION] [MENTION=15323]Eulaliya[/MENTION] [MENTION=15334]LastDreamer[/MENTION] [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] [MENTION=5361]Lenalite[/MENTION] [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION] [MENTION=12848]MARCOMEN[/MENTION] [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] [MENTION=7176]RomanFromRussia[/MENTION] [MENTION=13155]Sammy[/MENTION] [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION] [MENTION=15013]Ringdalen[/MENTION] [MENTION=15105]SaladBreak[/MENTION] [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] [MENTION=5174]cassio[/MENTION] [MENTION=13185]Edward[/MENTION] [MENTION=12837]JamieBrown[/MENTION] [MENTION=11243]ZoboCamel[/MENTION] [MENTION=13042]Kaz[/MENTION] [MENTION=13024]revallsay[/MENTION] [MENTION=9195]tuorem[/MENTION]

Newcomers are also of course allowed to join, it is first come, first serves that applied here! :D

EDC0708

Songs sent!

Himan

Heerenveen not Heerenween :p

Eulaliya

Songs sent, can't wait! xheya

Edward

A much expected return! Glad you found some time :) Will be sending entries soon.

Schlagerman1

Got songs from 4 people so far! :D Keep sending them in folks! :D

Arv

I'll join for sure. :)

Himan

oh well, I actually haven't followed all those National Finals, so... I've sent in something.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

I'm probably going to have to sit this one out (busy time between now and November) but within the last year I've found out that pretty well my dad's entire family on his dad's side is from Cluj so am v) Hyped that there'll be any ESC United game hosted there xheat

tuorem

Ok, I've sent some entries. It's been a while. Am ready to hit the bottom of the rankings as usual now xheart #SlovakiaIsMyMiddleName

njdevils94

Veteran

I've sent my 4 entries although I had to change the last one because it was in the same year as on of my other entries. ;)

Schlagerman1

Glad to see that 6 people has sent in songs so far, keep them coming. I decided to open the deadline a bit longer, to Sunday at 20 CET, so if you haven't sent in a song yet, now is your chance this weekend! :D

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Sent my songsxheat Glad to see you've brought this back! Hope someone's sent something truly iconic as i'm ready to use this wildcard i've got herexqueenbitch:lol:

Schlagerman1

I have now got songs from 8 people, that is a little to few to make this contest work, I just need a few more to send in songs. I decided to let the deadline go for two more days, so Tuesday at 19 CET is the last deadline to send in songs, so people who still haven't sent in songs, please do it now! :D

Schlagerman1

Still need songs, send in your songs guys, it is not long left! :D

Schlagerman1

The deadline is almost over, but it seems that only 8 people are sending in songs this time. That is fine though, I decided to let all 8 get all four of their choices to compete in the contest this time. I will add in 8 more songs, all from different years and countries, to compete along side your choices in the semifinals! I just need a new choice from [MENTION=16329]njdevils94[/MENTION] and then I can start preparing for the first semifinal. Hopefully it will be up by tomorrow night at latest! :D

Schlagerman1

The first semifinal is now up on the first page! You have until Saturday at 19 CET on you to vote! :D

tuorem

Re: FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL XII - SEMIFINAL 1 (Ddl: 14/7 @ 19 CET)

Voted!

anigif_sub-buzz-9668-1497883516-1.gif

Top Bottom