Contact us

Festival De National XII - Coming back out like a star!

Schlagerman1

Welcome to the 12th edition of Festival De National!! :D This is contest were your favorite songs from Europe’s national finals for the Eurovision Song Contest gets a chance to compete for glory! 40 songs from all NFs between 1956-2017 will get a 2nd chance to compete through 4 semis, a 2nd chance and a final to become our winner! The songs are chosen by you, and the rules for sending the songs are simple:

1. You pick 4 songs and rank these 1-4 (1 being the one you want the most, 4 the one you want the least). All four songs have to come from four different years but it doesn’t matter if the songs come from the same country. You can ONLY pick songs that have NOT participated in FdN in the past (click HERE to see the list). At least two songs of yours will be entered into the competition.
2. The song has to have a live video performance of the song from the NF itself. It must be live on stage or in an audition format, but it has to be live vocals. If you provide a link (it is optional to do so) that is not following this, I will try to search myself for the live performance. Preferably, I want you to use videos that are on Youtube, Dailymotion and Vimeo, but I can try to investigate if other sites can be used. It might happen that I change the video if I find one that is in better quality (mainly for recap-making purpose). If I don’t find a video in time for the first semifinal, I will move down to your 3rd or 4th choice.
3. If two or more people have sent the same song or performer, a draw will be made to determine who gets it. The one that loses the draw will move down to pick its third or fourth choice. If someone happens to run out of songs, I will send a pm to the person to pick two new reserve acts as soon as possible.
4. The deadline for sending songs to me ends on Wednesday the 30th of August at 22 CET. A maximum of 20 people is allowed to send songs, so if we get full before that, then the deadline ends immediately. If there are places left after the end of the deadline, then I will make a draw to determine which people will have a third song in the contest. Also, after an error by me in the last edition, [MENTION=5057]Arv[/MENTION] is for certain allowed to have 3 songs.

The 40 songs will be divided into 4 semis with 10 songs in each. The draw is made so that everyone has at most one song in each semi. It is also made so that it is equally first and 2nd choices are competing in each semifinal. Two songs from each semi will go straight to the final, while 3 songs will go to the 2nd chance. There, 6 duels will be held where the winner in each and the “Lucky Loser” qualifies to the grand finale. Also, the one that picked last editions winning song; “Kom Ut Som En Stjärna” with After Dark, which was [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION], will get to pick a song that gets eliminated during the rounds (not a song of his own though), but that joins the final, ending it all with 16 finalists.

The hosting cities have been randomly selected, this edition are these are hosting:
Semi 1 – Saint Petersburg, Russia
Semi 2 – Heerenveen, Netherlands
Semi 3 – Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Semi 4 – Bitola, FYR Macedonia
2nd chance – Valetta, Malta
Final – Kaunas, Lithuania

People that has sent in songs:
Adrian
anselm
CaraMia
EDC0708
EscGeek
Eulaliya
JChan
lavieenrose
Lenalite
RainyWoods

Shall we start this then?! :mrgreen:

Schlagerman1

Got songs from three people so far! I will send a reminder to those who joined in the recent editions, to see if they want to join this one aswell. :D
[MENTION=12800]Adrian[/MENTION] [MENTION=5057]Arv[/MENTION] [MENTION=11212]CaraMia[/MENTION] [MENTION=14938]Dutchball[/MENTION] [MENTION=15323]Eulaliya[/MENTION] [MENTION=15334]LastDreamer[/MENTION] [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] [MENTION=5361]Lenalite[/MENTION] [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION] [MENTION=12848]MARCOMEN[/MENTION] [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] [MENTION=7176]RomanFromRussia[/MENTION] [MENTION=13155]Sammy[/MENTION] [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION] [MENTION=15013]Ringdalen[/MENTION] [MENTION=15105]SaladBreak[/MENTION] [MENTION=5174]cassio[/MENTION] [MENTION=13185]Edward[/MENTION] [MENTION=14676]escfreak[/MENTION] [MENTION=12837]JamieBrown[/MENTION] [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION] [MENTION=11243]ZoboCamel[/MENTION]

Even if you aren't on the list, you are of course more than welcomed to join! :D

Schlagerman1

Got songs from 6 people so far! About two days left, so hurry up and don't forget to send in your NF-faves! :D

Schlagerman1

Got songs from 7 people, and it is just a little more than 24 hours to go. So hurry if you want your fave song to enter! :D

Schlagerman1

I got songs from 9 people so far, but would like at least one more, so if anyone wants to join, please do it quickly!! :D

Schlagerman1

I extend the deadline to midnight for those who still wants to join! Would love to see a few more, so if there are people who wants to join, send in your songs now! :D

Schlagerman1

We have at least reach 10 this edition, which means that all the people will get all four songs entered! :mrgreen: BUT A draw has been made on two places, because they have chosen the same songs. The ones that lost the draws, which were [MENTION=13043]EDC0708[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15333]JChan[/MENTION], will have to send to me reserve songs, will pm you about which songs that has been removed. I hope that we will begin the first semifinal at latest on friday! :D

Schlagerman1

The replacements has been made, so the first semifinal will be up tonight or at latest tomorrow! :) So get ready people!! :)

LastDreamer

Banned
:lt: was selected as the host of final. xheya

Top Bottom