Contact us

FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL XI - THE FINAL (DDL: 28/1 @ 22 CET)

Schlagerman1

Welcome to the eleventh edition of Festival De National!! :D This is contest were your favorite songs from Europe’s national finals for the Eurovision Song Contest gets a chance to compete for glory! 40 songs from all NFs between 1956-2016 will get a 2nd chance to compete through 4 semis, a 2nd chance and a final to become our winner! The songs are chosen by you, and the rules for sending the songs are simple:

1. You pick 4 songs and rank these 1-4 (1 being the one you want the most, 4 the one you want the least). All four songs have to come from four different years (Albanias NF last month is not counted until all songs for Eurovision has been selected), but it doesn’t matter if the songs come from the same country. You can ONLY pick songs that have NOT participated in FdN in the past (click HERE to see the list). At least two songs of yours will be entered into the competition.

2. The song has to have a live video performance of the song from the NF itself. It must be live on stage or in an audition format, but it has to be live vocals. If you provide a link (that is optional to do so) that is not following this, I will try to search myself for the live performance. Preferably, I want you to use videos that are on Youtube, Dailymotion and Vimeo, but I can try to investigate if other sites can be used. It might happen that I change the video if I find one that is in better quality (mainly for recap-making purpose). If I don’t find a video in time for the first semifinal, I will move down to your 3rd or 4th choice.

3. If two or more people have sent the same song or performer, a draw will be made to determine who gets it. The one that loses the draw will move down to pick its third or fourth choice. If someone happens to run out of songs, I will send a pm to the person to pick two new reserve acts as soon as possible.

4. The deadline for sending songs to me ends on Tuesday the 10th of January at 22 CET. A maximum of 20 people is allowed to send songs, so if we get full before that, then the deadline ends immediately. If there are places left after the end of the deadline, then I will make a draw to determine which people will have a third song in the contest.

The 40 songs will be divided into 4 semis with 10 songs in each. The draw is made so that everyone has at most one song in each semi. It is also made so that it is equally first and 2nd choices are competing in each semifinal. Two songs from each semi will go straight to the final, while 3 songs will go to the 2nd chance. There, 6 duels will be held where the winner in each and the “Lucky Loser” qualifies to the grand finale. Also, the one that picked last editions winning song; “Weagree” by Young Georgian Lolitaz, which was [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION], will get to pick a song that gets eliminated during the rounds (not a song of his own though), but that joins the final, ending it all with 16 finalists.

The hosting cities have been randomly selected, this edition, these are hosting:
Semi 1 – Almaty, Kazakhstan
Semi 2 – Graz, Austria
Semi 3 – Katowice, Poland
Semi 4 – Hasselt, Belgium
2nd chance – Tel Aviv, Israel
Final – Zagreb, Croatia

WELCOME TO ZAGREB!

ines+perkovic+zagreb+night+upper+town+panorama+2.jpg

It’s time for the final, held here at Arena Zagreb!

33.jpg

16 songs are fighting it out to be our 11th winner of this contest! Here are the songs:
1. :se: 2016 – ”Kom Ut Som En Stjärna” After Dark
2. ::cs 2004 – “Posle Tebe” Jovana Nikolic
3. :ee: 2016 – ”Seis” Mick Pedaja
4. :uk: 1980 – “Don’t Throw Your Love Away” Scrambles
5. :lt: 2016 – ”If Tomorrow Never Comes” Milda Martinkėnaitė
6. :ee: 2008 – “Ice Cold Story” Iiris Vesik
7. :mt: 2015 – “Secretly” Corazon
8. :se: 2013 – “Trivialitet” Sylvia Vrethammar
9. :ua: 2016 – “Overload” Victoria Petryk
10. :lt: 2010 – “My Home Is Europe” Mariaana Seppern
11. :il: 1981 – “Piyus” Miri Aloni
12. :md: 2011 – “Dorule” Pasha Parfeny
13. :mt: 2015 – ”Closed Doors” Chris Grech
14. :fi: 2016 – “Let Me Out” Barbe-Q-Barbies
15. :ch: 2016 – “Perché Mi Guardi Cosi” Stephanie Palazzo
16. :at: 2012 – “That’s What I Am” Conchita Wurst

RECAP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW2RDKahX7g

You vote by sending a PM to me (Schlagerman1) in ESC style (12, 10, 8-1, 6 songs get 0p)
Everyone is allowed to vote, not only those who got to select the songs.
You are allowed to vote for your own song if you like.
You need to vote before the end of the deadline, which ends on Saturday the 28th of January @ 22 CET! (Results to be announced shortly the end of the Finnish NF for 2017)

So shall we start this? IT DOES THAT NOW! :mrgreen:

Eulaliya

Re: FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL XI - Wearegoingtostartyetananothereditionofthiscontest. ..

I'm always ready for another game!xcheer This time I'm leafing back in time through various NFs, it's nostalgia time!xheya

anselm

Re: FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL XI - Wearegoingtostartyetananothereditionofthiscontest. ..

Yesssss finally

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

And I'm in! :D Excited for more FdN xcheer

LastDreamer

Banned

Yes, I'm in game.

Schlagerman1

Got songs from 8 people so far, but expect some more, so hurry up if you want to pick songs for this edition! ;)

Schlagerman1

Still got songs from 8 people, so I send some reminders for thost that has joined in the past and may want to join again! ;)
[MENTION=11212]CaraMia[/MENTION] [MENTION=14938]Dutchball[/MENTION] [MENTION=11532]EscGeek[/MENTION] [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION] [MENTION=12848]MARCOMEN[/MENTION] [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] [MENTION=15013]Ringdalen[/MENTION] [MENTION=15105]SaladBreak[/MENTION] [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] [MENTION=5174]cassio[/MENTION] [MENTION=13185]Edward[/MENTION] [MENTION=12837]JamieBrown[/MENTION] [MENTION=11243]ZoboCamel[/MENTION]

Schlagerman1

It is just about 21 hours left to send in songs, and I've got songs from 10 people! So hurry up people if you haven't sent in yet! :)

CaraMia

Songs sent! :)

Schlagerman1

Less than 8 hours to go, guys! Hurry up and send in your songs to let your faves join! :D

Schlagerman1

Deadline is now officially over! I've got songs from 15 people, this means that 10 of these, will get a 3rd song competing in the semifinals, these people are in random order:

Congratulations to all of you. Now, time to give you the list, you will see the number of your choices that gets entered into the contest.

A few of you haven't got your first choices, and it is cause someone has picked the same artist or song as you and you lost the draw to get that one.

The first semi will hopefully be up as soon as possible! :D

Dutchball

SOOC my first pick stolen once more, and with that probably my best shot at a good result. Not unexpected at all though, and I'm still left with 2 great songs. Good luck everyone xcheer

Schlagerman1

Re: FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL XI - SEMI 1 (DDL: 13/1 @ 22 CET)

The first semifinal from Kazakhstan is now up! :D You all have till Friday on you to vote! :)

Arv

voted :)

Schlagerman1

I have 8 votes so far, and with 31 hours to go, these people are left to vote:
[MENTION=4386]anselm[/MENTION] [MENTION=14938]Dutchball[/MENTION] [MENTION=13043]EDC0708[/MENTION] [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] [MENTION=5361]Lenalite[/MENTION] [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION] [MENTION=12848]MARCOMEN[/MENTION] [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

Hurry up and vote guys! :D

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Voted! Nice selection of songs in the end :D

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Voted! My top 3...wow. xheart

Top Bottom