Contact us

FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL VIII - FINAL - Ddl: 4/4 @ 22 CET!

Schlagerman1

Welcome to the 8th edition of Festival De National! This is contest were your favorite songs from Europe’s national finals for the Eurovision Song Contest gets a chance to compete for glory! In this, 40 songs will compete through 4 semis, a 2nd chance and a final to become yet another winner of this contest. The songs are chosen by you, and the rules for sending the songs are simple:
1. You pick 4 songs and rank these 1-4 (1 being the one you want the most, 4 the one you want the least). All four songs have to come from four different years, but it doesn’t matter if the songs come from the same country. You cannot pick a song that has participated in the past (Check the list here). At least two songs of yours will be entered into the competition.
2. The song has to have a live video performance of the song from the NF itself. The only video streaming sites allowed is Youtube, Dailymotion and Vimeo. It can be live on stage or in an audition format, but it has to be live vocals. If you provide a link (that is optional to do so) that is not following this I will try to search myself for the live performance. It might happen that I change the video if I find one that is in better quality (mainly for recap-making purpose). If I don’t find a video in time for the first semifinal, I will move down to your 3rd or 4th choice.
3. If two or more people have sent the same song or performer, a draw will be made to determine who gets it. The one that loses the draw will move down to pick its third or fourth choice. If someone happens to run out of songs, I will send a pm to the person to pick two new reserve acts as soon as possible.
4. The deadline for sending songs to me ends on Wednesday the 16th of March at 22 CET. A maximum of 20 people is allowed to send songs, so if we get full before that, then the deadline ends immediately. If there are places left after the end of the deadline, then I will make a draw to determine which people will have a third song in the contest.

The 40 songs will be divided into 4 semis with 10 songs in each. The draw is made so that everyone has at most one song in each semi. It is also made so that it is equally first and 2nd choices are competing in each semifinal. Two songs from each semi will go straight to the final, while 3 songs will go to the 2nd chance. There, 6 duels will be held where the winner in each and the “Lucky Loser” qualifies to the grand finale. Also, the one that picked last editions winning song; “The Girl” with Charlotte Perelli, which was [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION], will get to pick a song that gets eliminated during the rounds (not a song of his own though), but that joins the final, ending it all with 16 finalists.

The hosting cities have been randomly selected, this edition, these are hosting:
Semi 1 – Ljubljana, Slovenia
Semi 2 – Bern, Switzerland
Semi 3 – Debrecen, Hungary
Semi 4 – Vojvodina, Serbia
2nd chance – Tirana, Albania
Final – Baku, Azerbaijan

WELCOME TO BAKU!

baku-night-tour-in-baku-208484.jpg

Welcome to Azerj..Az…Azerjab…to Baku and the Baku Crystal Hall!

BAKU-CRYSTAL-HALL3.jpg

16 songs have qualified to this final. Everyone of then is competng for being the best national final entry this edition. Here is the line-up

1. :se: 2006 – “Jag Ljuger Så Bra” Linda Bengtzing
2. :de: 1999 – “Ich Habe Meine Tage” Megasüss
3. :se: 2005 – “Refrain Refrain” Pay-TV
4. :mt: 2016 – ”The Flame” Jessika
5. :sl: 2014 – ”Let Me Be (Myself)” Muff
6. :se: 2009 – ”Show Me Heaven” Lili & Susie
7. :de: 2016 – “Masters Of Chant” Gregorian
8. :no: 2016 – “Feel Da Rush” Freddy Kalas
9. :fi: 2008 – ”Cupido” Movetron
10. :se: 2015 – ”Möt Mig I Gamla Stan” Magnus Carlsson
11. :no: 2016 – “Laika” The Hungry Hearts feat. Lisa Dillan
12. :al: 2016 – “Në Sytë E Mi” Teuta Kurti
13. :lv: 2014 – “Saule Riet” Olga un Līgo
14. :se: 1998 – ”Avundsjuk” Nanne Grönvall
15. :ee: 2016 – ”Supersonic” Laura
16. :se: 2010 – “Headlines” Alcazar

RECAP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAl8sgthPqw

Everyone is more than welcome to vote, not only the ones that brought the songs.
You vote by sending a pm to me, using Eurovision-style (12, 10, 8-1, 6 songs get 0p)!
You are allowed for the songs you selected yourself, if you like to.
You need to vote before the end of the deadline, which is Monday the 4th of April at 22 CET!

So are we ready for an another edition of FdN? IT STARTS NOW! :mrgreen:

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL VIII - Songs are ready to be found, YEAH!

Aaaaand we're off again! Entries sent xcheer

Schlagerman1

Got songs from 6 people so far, so there is still time and places left to join, so do it! :D

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Inordinately happy to have this back. Songs sent! :D

Schlagerman1

So far, nine people has sent in their songs! Hurry up and send in songs if you like to join us! :D

Schlagerman1

My name isn't in the list? But you confirmed getting my list haha

You are on the list now! :D

Right now half of the places are taken, so hurry up if you want one too! ;)

revallsay

[MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] [MENTION=8534]theCONWEL[/MENTION] [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION] [MENTION=13476]Gabe[/MENTION]

EDC0708

Songs Sent!

Schlagerman1

So, 13 people has sent in songs and it is just a little more than 24 hours to go! So I decided to send out some reminders to people that has joined in the past and may want to join this time as well! :)
[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] [MENTION=8534]theCONWEL[/MENTION] [MENTION=15092]DeMarcus[/MENTION] [MENTION=13185]Edward[/MENTION] [MENTION=5361]Lenalite[/MENTION] [MENTION=9587]Nicky[/MENTION] [MENTION=7176]RomanFromRussia[/MENTION] [MENTION=10895]Jonaxh[/MENTION] [MENTION=15077]escmaster[/MENTION] [MENTION=9195]tuorem[/MENTION] [MENTION=14525]Bench[/MENTION] [MENTION=11243]ZoboCamel[/MENTION]

Even if you aren't on that list, everyone has now less than 28 hours to send in songs to me, so hurry up guys! :D

Schlagerman1

Less than 6 hours to go, got songs from 15 people so far! There is still time for some to join so hurry up if you haven't yet! :D

Schlagerman1

It is just 10 mins left and it looks like we got 16 people that has choosing songs. If not I get an another group of songs, than 8 people will get a third song in this edition! :D
Be here at 22:05ish to see the announcement! :)

Schlagerman1

So, let's begin by announcing which 8 people that will get a 3rd song in the line-up...these are in random order:

Congratulations! :D Now to the list where you will see which of your songs got through. Some of you haven't got your first, 2nd or 3rd choices, that might because someone else choose the same song or artist and you lost the draw. Another reason might be that you selected a videoformat that wasn't allowed for this contest and I couldn't find a replacement. Here are the list of people and ranking of your selected songs:

And what a line-up we got this edition, it is impossible for me to say who is the favorites to win, feels like anything can happen! :D The first semifinal will be up later tonight! :)

Schlagerman1

Re: FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL VIII - SEMI 1 - Ddl: 19/3 @ 22 CET!

The first semifinal has now begun! You all have till Saturday on you to vote! :D

EDC0708

Re: FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL VIII - SEMI 1 - Ddl: 19/3 @ 22 CET!

Good luck to whoever sent the song/artist I had as my third choice!

Top Bottom