Contact us

FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL IX - FINAL, Ddl: 14/6 @ 22 CET!

Schlagerman1

Welcome to the ninth edition of Festival De National! The best cure for your Post Eurovision Depression! :D This is contest were your favorite songs from Europe’s national finals for the Eurovision Song Contest gets a chance to compete for glory! 40 songs from all NFs will get a 2nd chance to compete through 4 semis, a 2nd chance and a final to become our winner! The songs are chosen by you, and the rules for sending the songs are simple:

1. You pick 4 songs and rank these 1-4 (1 being the one you want the most, 4 the one you want the least). All four songs have to come from four different years, but it doesn’t matter if the songs come from the same country. You can ONLY pick songs that has NOT participated in the past (click HERE to see the list). At least two songs of yours will be entered into the competition.

2. The song has to have a live video performance of the song from the NF itself. The only video streaming sites allowed is Youtube, Dailymotion and Vimeo. It can be live on stage or in an audition format, but it has to be live vocals. If you provide a link (that is optional to do so) that is not following this I will try to search myself for the live performance. It might happen that I change the video if I find one that is in better quality (mainly for recap-making purpose). If I don’t find a video in time for the first semifinal, I will move down to your 3rd or 4th choice.

3. If two or more people have sent the same song or performer, a draw will be made to determine who gets it. The one that loses the draw will move down to pick its third or fourth choice. If someone happens to run out of songs, I will send a pm to the person to pick two new reserve acts as soon as possible.

4. The deadline for sending songs to me ends on Thursday the 26th of May at 22 CET. A maximum of 20 people is allowed to send songs, so if we get full before that, then the deadline ends immediately. If there are places left after the end of the deadline, then I will make a draw to determine which people will have a third song in the contest.

The 40 songs will be divided into 4 semis with 10 songs in each. The draw is made so that everyone has at most one song in each semi. It is also made so that it is equally first and 2nd choices are competing in each semifinal. Two songs from each semi will go straight to the final, while 3 songs will go to the 2nd chance. There, 6 duels will be held where the winner in each and the “Lucky Loser” qualifies to the grand finale. Also, the one that picked last celebration editions winning song; “Courageous” by NeAngely, which was [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION], will get to pick a song that gets eliminated during the rounds (not a song of his own though), but that joins the final, ending it all with 16 finalists.

The hosting cities have been randomly selected, this edition, these are hosting:
Semi 1 – Cologne, Germany
Semi 2 – Copenhagen, Denmark
Semi 3 – Ostrava, Czech Republic
Semi 4 – Kiev, Ukraine
2nd chance – Rakvere, Estonia
Final – Torino, Italy

WELCOME TO TORINO!

Torino%20by%20night.jpg

Time for the final held here in Pala Alpitour!

PALALPITOUR-2015_2.jpg

So, 16 songs are fighting for being the next winner of this glorious contest. Here are all the songs:

1. :dk: 2000 – “Mayday Mayday” Aida Lohmann
2. :at: 2016 – “Weapons Down” Bella Wagner
3. :se: 2003 – “Not A Sinner, Nor A Saint” Alcazar
4. :fi: 2016 – “Don’t Wake Me Up” Tuuli Okkonen
5. :at: 2015 – ”Quel Filou” Zoë
6. :se: 2011 – “Alive” Linda Pritchard
7. :dk: 2016 – “Never Alone” Anja Nissen
8. :lt: 2016 – ”Be Free” Catrinah
9. :pt: 2011 – “Tensão” Filipa Ruas
10. :uk: 2016 – “Until Tomorrow” Darline
11. :se: 2016 – “Don’t Worry” Ace Wilder
12. :no: 2015 – “Thunderstruck” Erlend Bratland
13. :ge: 2016 – ”Pain In My Heart” Young Georgian Lolitaz
14. :no: 2016 – “Afterglow” Laila Samuels
15. :fi: 2016 – ”Draamaa” Eini
16. :se: 2016 – ”Human” Oscar Zia

RECAP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vJw8K2yMhE

You vote by sening a pm to me, in ESC-style for all songs (6 songs get 0 points)
Everyone is more than welcomed to vote, not only the ones that selected the songs!
You are allowed to vote for your own songs if you like!
You need to vote before the end of the deadline, which ends on Tuesday the 14th of June at 22 CET!

So let's begin again then? IT BEGINS NOW! :mrgreen:

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL IX - Be courageous! Send your songs!

And I'm in again! :D

Schlagerman1

Already got songs from 7 people, but there is a lot spaces left, so send them in! :D

JamieBrown

Why not? xup

Schlagerman1

We got songs from 9 people so far! Sending a shout out to people that has joined the last editions to see if they want to join again! :D
[MENTION=4386]anselm[/MENTION] [MENTION=13314]DaFlo[/MENTION] [MENTION=14938]Dutchball[/MENTION] [MENTION=14676]escfreak[/MENTION] [MENTION=13042]Kaz[/MENTION] [MENTION=12848]MARCOMEN[/MENTION] [MENTION=13024]revallsay[/MENTION] [MENTION=8534]theCONWEL[/MENTION] [MENTION=9195]tuorem[/MENTION] [MENTION=11212]CaraMia[/MENTION] [MENTION=5343]nallasofus[/MENTION] [MENTION=9587]Nicky[/MENTION] [MENTION=11243]ZoboCamel[/MENTION]

Of course you can join if you aren't on this list, just send in your songs to do so! :D

Dutchball

I'm in! I think I have found myself 4 nice possible entries. I hope I will do better than in FdN Resurrection :D

revallsay

Have to pass this edition, have not time right now :(

Schlagerman1

Have to pass this edition, have not time right now :(

Aww too bad, hope you can join again soon! :)
Got songs from 13 people so far though, so it isn't that many places left, so hurry up and send in your songs if you like to join! ;)

CaraMia

Songs sent!

Schlagerman1

Got songs from 15 people so far and it is just one day to go, so hurry up and send your choices in! :)

Schlagerman1

Less than a day to go and just 4 places left to send in songs, so take you chance! ;)

Schlagerman1

It is now only 6 hours left and still only 4 places left to send songs! So hurry up now if you haven't sent them in yet! :D

Schlagerman1

Almost just 2 hours left! If noone more comes and send in songs, than 8 people will get a third entry! So if you haven't applied yet, hurry up! :D

Schlagerman1

Deadline is over, so we got songs from 17 people in the end! :D This means that 6 people will get the honor of having 3 songs, these people have been randomly selected, and are:

Congratulations guys! This means that it is time to reveal which of your songs got entered. I will below list the ones that sent in songs together with the rank the song was given. Some of you haven't got their 1st, 2nd or even 3rd choices, and that can have several explanations to it. One is that you sent a song that has already competed in the contest, but was never changed in time. An another one might be that I couldn't find a live performance from the actual national final in time for the deadline. The most common though is that an another person sent the same song/singer to the contest and you lost a draw. Here is the list:

The first semi will hopefully be up late tonight! :)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

oh at least I get my main 2. Can't wait to fail with both, with that list of participants.

Schlagerman1

Re: FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL IX - SEMIFINAL 1, Ddl: 29/5 @ 22 CET!

The first semi from Cologne is now up, a semi which has something for everyone I think! :D Deadline ends on Sunday! :)

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: FESTIVAL DE NATIONAL IX - SEMIFINAL 1, Ddl: 29/5 @ 22 CET!

Oh my goodness me! What a way to start! Could we just make this semi the final?! Only two songs I want to blank out of the ten - can the other eight all make it please? xpray

Top Bottom