Contact us

Feedbacks + Announcements

Orient Matsuri

This started off as a single topic about a specific feedback. Now it's turned into a general feedback and announcements board. Feel free to post your suggestions, critiques and questions!

--------

Hello. We are here today to discuss a bit about the contest.

First of all, we successfully reached 10 editions! This contest started as a wish from a group of friends who wanted to share music from other countries outside the western part of the world. Our wish gladly came true, but that wouldn't have been possible hadn't you all joined and shared your discoveries. Orient Matsuri wouldn't be what it is today without such a loyal and active community. We thank all of you for believing in us and we hope there are more and more editions of OM to come and that you will still be with us.

We want to grow even more as a contest and a community. Therefore, we would like to receive some feedback from the participants. What is your input on the contest so far? Do you have any suggestions regarding rules, entries, format that you would like to give? What can we do to make OM even better? We will gladly listen to all of your comments.

We also have an important announcement to make.

As some of you might already know, Flo left the forum and, consequently, the OM mod team. The current team discussed and we decide to open his spot to whoever is interested to.

If you wish to be a mod of Orient Matsuri, all you have to do is to send us a private message and explain why we should pick you.

This thread will be updated with more details in the upcoming days.

Thank you for reading and much love to all of you.

Ana, Deniz and Lauii.

Last edited:
Poll about eligibility of separatist states now open
Click here
DDL 11th September 12:30 CET

Orient Matsuri

Following the unfortunate events that happened in the past few days (for more details about it please check this thread: https://www.escunited.com/forum/threads/announcement-2nd-december-2022.26278/), the contest has found itself without a team of moderators to supervise the various activities, collect entries and so on. For that reason, the admin team has appointed two interim moderators - @Gera11 and @theCONWEL - who will oversee things and help keep the contest going for the time being.

The contest will continue in the same format and we will try our best to respect the spirit of the competition, as it was established more than two years ago.

@SaladBreak @hijirio @ferret @Ana Raquel @NikolaiMoller @Uto @Ewigkeit @pras @chontono @CypriotGirl @empo21 @MARCOMEN @Mainshow @iowacorn @Amir @Grinch @hawadharma
@Eulaliya @Zeus

Orient Matsuri

After careful consideration, we have decided to remove SwedishFailurez and MiraShadowMan from the list of participants. While taking in consideration the fact that banned members have participated in the contest before, this decision has not been made lightly and the feedback we've got from both the administration team and several members of the OM community has been very clear. Thus, 🇨🇳 China and 🇨🇲 Cameroon are once again free to take.

hijirio

Veteran
One feedback

Why is OM the only contest on the forum where a user can easily participate without identifying authenticity of their account?
We can at least have a minimum post count rule, otherwise permanently banned users (including my beloved friend Deniz) will sneak in and this will turn into an ExileVision.

My concerns about a recently enrolled user were very legitimate, as can be seen below (and the new user being from the Netherlands was a cherry on the cake)

Whats-App-G-rsel-2023-01-17-saat-10-16-13.jpg

Whether the new user is a real account or not, that's another case but

Why don't we take a measure against this?

Grinch

otherwise permanently banned users (including my beloved friend Deniz) will sneak in and this will turn into an ExileVision.
You (and a few others) seemed perfectly fine with that until recently though?

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
It is a legitimate concern, but as Grinch pointed out, you didn't raise this problem with SekretMan or some others who previously joined for example. I think we should give everyone the benefit of the doubt, including to our newest member and not make him or her feel excluded right off the bat.

New accounts jumping in and out, voting for one edition (or sending an entry then failing to vote) then disappearing is what lead to the introduction of a post count and the Observation Period in WV. On the reason why such measure was not taken in OM, it is up to the creators of the contest who did not feel the need for it, I suppose, but contests evolve and so does its rules and we could have a poll about it. Ultimately, post counts are not a flawless deterrent, as we saw with that particular account joining FSC lol.​

hijirio

Veteran
You (and a few others) seemed perfectly fine with that until recently though?
it was before we had the recent trauma of fake accounts raiding contests of our forum

hijirio

Veteran
It is a legitimate concern, but as Grinch pointed out, you didn't raise this problem with SekretMan or some others who previously joined for example. I think we should give everyone the benefit of the doubt, including to our newest member and not make him or her feel excluded right off the bat.
I spoke with the mods when SekretMan joined, and even said he is readily available to make a video call with mods to confirm his identity, which was not needed. Now the current reality is that we have a banned user who is making plans to rejoin the contest and making backdoor plans with a user from NL about it, so the concern is legitimate. I sent the new user a kind DM yesterday making sure they don't take it personally. It's not my intention to make anybody feel unwelcomed, I just want everyone to understand that I am not pointing fingers at someone with unfounded accusations. We have no means to confirm everyone's passport one by one, but a minimum post count rule will not hurt anyone imho. Thanks for your kind consideration xheart

Top Bottom