Contact us

Fanwanks 2018

aef

I'd like to open this new thread as a counterpart to the thread "Dark Horse 2018"! The most important difference to the Katy Ryan thread: It's not about qualification or not, it's more about really disappointing results!

So here are my guesses:

:ee: is 100% overrated! This screams borderline Q/NQ to me... I can't see juries or televoters totally going for it so the highest place I expect in the semi final is 8th place... In the final the maximum would be 13th-20th place!

I also don't see :il: as a winner. But top 10 or even top 5 potential is definitely there! That might not be such a disappointing result for :il: but I definitely will be for many fans!

:nl: won't do as well as in 2014, I smell a NQ coming!

I also predict another :de: bottom 5 result

EDIT: + :fr: and :fi:

Realest

:il: :fi: :au: :gr: :be:

Some of them Will do much worse than expected. I think at least one of them stays in the Semi.

aef

I love you aef for that constant Estonia trashing xheat

Fanwanks imo :fi: :gr: :fr:

I must admit it's one of my secret (well maybe not so secret)passions this season... xheat

Oh yes I totally forgot about :fr: and :fi:!! I also see :fr: totally overrated, a result around 15th-20th place seems realistic to me! And it's quite the same with :fi:, she might NQ as well...

esc87fan

:ee::cz::gr:

But especially :il:

carl1

I take the forum's ranking top 10 and give a short comment who will flop or not
:fr: - can't see this flopping, good song with a message, top 10 at the very least
:il: - I truly hate this song, but this will be top 5 and I can't do nothing about it
:be: - won't flop, top 5 is my prediction
:ee: - 6-10 is my prediction, people at home will be left shooketh by her singing and will carry her through
:it: - will be placed in the top 15, wouldn't consider that a big flop
:cz: - will be top 5 very likely
:gr: - place between 6-15, not a flop
:bg: - depends on the staging, nail it and they will win, if not they will flop
:fi: - similar to the UMK performance and this will flop big time
:cy: - could NQ, i don't think it will do well in the final though, around 20th place

SO I consider atm the fanwank songs to be :fi: and :cy:. I have to see :bg: live

0scar

People still thinking :ee: will flop in May, can't wait for your disappointment

8ade15872ccabe25651b4e57612ae8ef.gif

Haha the same can be said about "people still thinking :ee: will be in top 5 in May". Matter of perspective, we'll see who's right. :mrgreen:

Alaska49

i don't even agree with the concept of fanwank because it's not every time that fans collectively lovr and entry and aldo collectively believe it will have a great result

for example people don't even like finland that much now lol

FilipFromSweden

:ee: :pt:

aef

i don't even agree with the concept of fanwank because it's not every time that fans collectively lovr and entry and aldo collectively believe it will have a great result

for example people don't even like finland that much now lol

For me a fanwank is a song that is deeply beloved by a majority of Eurovision fanboys but in the end it can't display its success outside the fan bubble... This year this is mainly the case with :ee: and :fr: IMHO... :il: also has the potential for it but I guess it won't flop that badly! But you're right, the thread is also about songs that are expected to do well this year (and are not loved that much) but don't deliver at all in the end...

NNR

Belgium will flop surely

Himan

:de: 26th again :twisted: (Okay 25th before UK...)
:fi: Gave me thoughts about 2016 or 2013. Possibly NQ but at best 15-25
:bg: Not sure about this, can go horribly wrong
:fr: not top ten
:pl: if it's like their final they will not get far. The clip is very good, but live it's weak.
:ee: will be around 10th place, don't know if that is a fanwank?

:il: Is often named, I'm not the biggest fan. But it will win :lol:

aef

Haha I like how divided the forum is on :ee:... :lol: I'm already so curious about her result!

Top Bottom