Contact us

Fanflops/Dark Horses 2019

Realest

Fanflops:

:sl: wont qualify. Especially Juries will hate it.
:se: I have a feeling he will end up lower than Benjamin, but he shouldnt flop completely.
:am: might be a surprise Non-Qualifier. I cant see much Casual Viewers putting her in the personal Top1-2 and therefore voting for her.
:cy: wont be Top15. :ch: will steal her TVs and :mt: her Juryvotes.
:gr: will do worse than Demy who couldnt become a Fanfavourite.

Dark Horses:

:mt: might get 250+ Jurypoints and reach the Top5.
:pt: will end up higher than the Odds say.
:lt: will unfortunately qualify.
:hu: is so underrated in most YT-Tops. I think Top15 is possible.
:by: wont go too far, but I think she might beat 1-2 higher-bet Countries and at least qualify.
:uk: will reach Top20 thanks to Juries.

Citelis

FLOPS
:gr: is not even a sure qualifier! Many people believe that we are going to do well but way less people are going to vote us and i don't see juries like that as much as people say!
:cy: won't do as well as ''Fuego'' did. NQ is impossible but in the final the result won't be good! I can see it in the right side of the scoreboard!
:ch: is not a sure qualifier either! SF2 is very difficult semi-final and i cannot see this doing well on juries!
:no: is more likely to fail to qualify because of juries! But even if they qualify they will stay out of top 15 too!
:sm: won't qualify as many fans believe
:mk: won't qualify

DARK HORSES
:fr: will do way better than most people think!
:az: will reach top 10
:be: will reach top 10
:at: will be top 5 for juries and will qualify because of them
:au: will reach top 10
:pt: will be top 2
:hr: i hate it but it will do better than most people expect

GRE

Flops
Cyprus, Norway, Portugal

Dark Horses
Slovenia, Albania, Azerbaijan, Ireland

midnightsun

Veteran
Flops:

Portugal: Probably qualifier but not as succesful as in most polls here or on YT etc. Below or close to the top 10.

Greece: Don't think it is a safe qualifier though its sucsess in the polls. We have too many ballads of this kind this year and most will be focused on the Netherlands and Russia.

Slovenia: See Greece. It's outstanding on the one hand but on the other very forgettable. It's the kind of song you like while you are listening to it but in the end (of the semi) there were so many good songs you forget to vote for this one. Will not qualify.

Armenia & Azerbaijan: usually high up in the polls with a certain fanbase they are again very borderline qualifiers this year. By having lots of more outstanding songs this year it can be very dangerous for them.

Dark Horse:

Croatia: Underrated in the polls you must not ever forget the power of a dramatic classic ballad from a Balkan country. Will qualify.

Israel: This could be a flop as well but since it's not overly popular in the polls it can only be a winner. There is a good chance it will do VERY well, if people are in the mood and are bugged by all the "cheap" dance songs. Top 5 possible!

Germany: see Israel

Poland: Apart from being completely different from all the rest, it's an earworm and the only one that is kind of rock music. Punk. Protest. Plus traditional staging. Will attract some. Will qualify!

Iker

Veteran
flop
cyprus (the same formula / song as Fuego except for being weaker)
norway
greece
armenia

Dark horse:

azerbaijan:
germany
france
albania
estonia

Pawhlen

Fan favorites:

:no: SITS didn´t get much love from the IJ in the norwegian final (but every jury maybe had them on 2nd or 3rd place what do I know?) but it´s a risk that could go either way

:cy: Was it so smart to send a identical song as last year? This is also weaker, could be costly

Dark horses:

:au: will get many points from televote
:ee: this will do better than many think

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
fan flops
:no:
:gr:

dark horses
:ro:
:by:

carl1

flop
:cy: Switzerland will overshadow Cyprus

dark horse
:az: excellent pop song imo, certain top 10 and a dark horse for top 5

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Flops:
:az: - There is no way this messy song doesn't fizzle out in a badly-staged blaze of glory
:cy:, :ch: - All the uptempo reggaeton/dance fusion will cancel each other out, and I am not convinced an Aging Bitch such as Tamta or a Tool such as Luca will attract as many people as people think they will.
:ee: - The more I listen to Estonia, the more it stands out as an absolute clunker. It might not even qualify at this rate.
:no: - I defo think they're going to get the Greta/Jonsi route of barely qualifying, and then finishing in about 20th place.
:pt: - The message of Telemóveis could very easily fly over the head of both casuals and jurors.

Dark Horses:
:al: - We would be discussing whether Jonida could win or not if it weren't for the flag she'll sing under.
:fr:. - I'm surprised so many people are ignoring Bilal just because they don't like him. I think he's clearly the Rasmussen of the year (or even the Michal Szpak lmao), he will appeal to a lot of people, has plenty of charisma and a strong message of empowerment that will resonate with a lot of people.It is foolish to write him off completely.
:mt: - While there is a significant chance Malta fall flat on their faces once again, I think they can do a lot better than people give them credit for.
:sl: - With the right camerawork this is the Blanche. Period.

Antho

FLOPS
:ru: It probably won't sneak into the top 10 (which is underwhelming considering the hype around Sergey).
:no: I'm afraid it won't even qualify. SF2 is tough
:sm: I mean, yes it's Serhat, yes it's funny, but it won't qualify, that's kinda obvious isn't it?
:pt: It's going to qualify, but it won't do as good as expected. I don't think it'll reach the top 15.

DARK HORSES
:fr: Not saying this because it's my country, but I think we could do better than expected (top 15 - top 10 maybe). With the revamp, a good staging and better vocals it should be fine I guess.
:am: If she delivers on stage, then Armenia could really reach the top 5.
:au: This is probably one of the most original song this year so I think it will stand out enough to qualify and get top 15 result.
:uk: Michael could give UK their best results for years. I really do think this could have a surprisingly good result, just like Michael Schulte last year.

Iker

Veteran
All three of :is: :pt: :no: gon underperform and fandom gon cry

Norway & Iceland need to improve their live performance (including vocals) big time, for sure. :oops: In the case of Iceland it actually sounds quite far from their studio version that I love, in a bad way.

hijirio

Veteran
Fanflops
:no: (It screaaaaams fanflop)
:pt:

Darkhorse
:az:
:al:
:es:
:uk:

Romeo

Fanflop: :is:

Dark horse: :il:

Ianp16

I think Germany will be last again. Sister is such a climb-down from last year and the song lacks the integrity that made last year perform well.

I'm praying Malta will be a darkhorse and slay. They deserve a win after so long.

Ianp16

Fan flop obviously :no:
Maybe :pt: as well

Dark horses.. :ee: ? :ie:

Definitely Ireland if the performance is really good and captivating. The girl that sings doesn't look very confident though and her eyes are hard to see. I love the song though and think it could be a surprise like last year.

Top Bottom