Contact us

Explain Your Username

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Re: Why did you pick the username you've got?

I love Scandinavia and especially the "midsummer festivities" and the midnightsun that comes with them! :-)

I had an old account on this forum when I first joined in 2011 already, but I lost my password and can't recover it again. [maybe some admin @Matt @Sean is able to connect both accounts?]

My first username was "Joyride" which has something to do with Scandinavia too. I am a big fan of the Swedish band Roxette and it is their biggest hit! :-)

I can, just PM me the email that you used to register.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

theditz83

Veteran
I have always used a username related to theditz across all forums that I frequented since university, since I was always a little bit of a ditz when it came to certain discussions with my groups of friends and I'd end up being the butt of many a joke :lol:

The 83 is simply a nod to the year of my birth (yep, I really am that old!) xdoh

Clinty

I was playing roller coaster tycoon 3's career mode and there's a character who shows up every now and then named Clint Bushton. When I signed up for club penguin I tried using that name but it was already taken so one of the alternates they gave was 'clinty456' and I eventually just ditched the 456 part

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I absolutely wanted something related to winter and mountains so edelweiss -> Edweis and my pseudo was born for the next 8 years. Bonus point, there's 'edw' as in Hedwig (HP all the way)
Just pronounce it the way you think fits the most.

HayashiM

Veteran
When I was a teenager I used to be crazy about everything Japanese and especially the game of go. There used to be a system of four go houses that have been teaching go in Japan during the Edo period (17th - 19th century), and whose best representatives would clash in famous castle games in the presence of Shogun. The houses' names were Honinbo, Inoue, Yasui and Hayashi (translated by google as "forest").
My maternal grandfather's name is "Hájek" (read [Haayeck]) and has a very similar meaning (broad-leaved forest) as Hayashi. I love the similarity, so being quite a geek, I have been using Hayashi as my nickname everywhere for the past 15 years or so. Both my Japanese and go skills remain unfortunately very poor :D

Sabrewulf238

There's a gbc game called Sabrewulf that I must have been playing around the time I started using the internet.

The funny thing is I don't think I particularly liked the game, I must have just been playing it around the time I started using the internet more often.

These days on my newer accounts I tend to use the username "Dizzard" or "Dizzardy". No real meaning behind them I just liked the sound/how it looked + it was usually a username that was free without having to put numbers beside it.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I chose BorisBubbles because it's also the name of my ESC-related tumblr page.

As for naming my tumblr, I wanted something catchy. I was partially inspired by BBUS4 winner Jun Song, who has a blog called 'JunDishes' (a reference to cooking and gossip both) and I went for something similar.

I came up with "Bubbles" because it's a word that can allude to a chatty person, which I am, and of course, to someone living inside their own world, which is kind of what every Eurofan does. Plus it combines quite well with my name, so...

esc87fan

My username is inspired by the 1987 contest, which in the summer of 2009 I watched on a DVD set I purchased from a lovely person in Sweden - it was the very first contest (past or recent) that I watched in full

Rmetr0

The first variant was r-metro4444
r
is for Roman
metro (transport) was (and still kinda) my passion - I registered this username for the first time on forum about metro
4 four times - my fav number

Later it was shortened to rmetro4444 (probably on some website with "-" not allowed in usernames)

And then I had to register second page on some website, and I decided to write it as Rmetr0

I liked this variant the most, and since then it's my constant username 🙃

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
The first variant was r-metro4444
r
is for Roman
metro (transport) was (and still kinda) my passion - I registered this username for the first time on forum about metro
4 four times - my fav number

Later it was shortened to rmetro4444 (probably on some website with "-" not allowed in usernames)

And then I had to register second page on some website, and I decided to write it as Rmetr0

I liked this variant the most, and since then it's my constant username 🙃
Weeeeeeel this explains one of the things I've been wondering about for a year :LOL:

Ianp16

Mine is simple and boring. It's part of my email address that I chose when I was 16. It was my first name, last initial and age. There you go. Groundbreaking.

giphy.gif

MrLordi

Well... What can i say, i was born in 2006 when Lordi won, it's the best song in Esc history, and i adore MrLordi(the singer)

Top Bottom