Contact us

Eurovison Song Contest in Malmö 2013 - current news and gossip

LalehForWD

If you wish, anybody can watch the SVT preparation show Studio Eurovision with Mark Levengood and Gina Dirawi.
Starts 20:00 CET at SVT play (just click the image)

LalehForWD

^ I thought Gina's "prep"-program Studio Eurovision was a great start for watching the semi final. Obviously it was prerecorded and in Swedish. Tonight there will be another show starting at 20:00 CET - link.

LalehForWD

Loreen with fans in Malmö today.

SVT announce that Loreen will sing an interval act at the final night in form of a medley with 3 songs, My heart is refusing me, ? and We got the power. Original SVT article

LalehForWD

SVT are still editing the pause acts as Aftonbladet's journalist Tobbe Ek is reporting. ABBA's The winner takes it all in a Sarah Dawn Finer version is still in although timing is tight with the voting procedure. Carola's 3 songs medley is shortened to just a couple of seconds though and Loreen's 3 songs medley is elegant and amazing but efficient (< 4 minutes). The voting procedure of 39 countries including winner song performance must be finished in less than 30 minutes.

DanielLuis

SVT are still editing the pause acts as Aftonbladet's journalist Tobbe Ek is reporting. ABBA's The winner takes it all in a Sarah Dawn Finer version is still in although timing is tight with the voting procedure. Carola's 3 songs medley is shortened to just a couple of seconds though and Loreen's 3 songs medley is elegant and amazing but efficient (< 4 minutes). The voting procedure of 39 countries including winner song performance must be finished in less than 30 minutes.

Wait what? The voting in less than 30 minutes? It usually takes around 50 minutes! I think they are exaggerating in the interval acts.

LalehForWD

Wait what? The voting in less than 30 minutes? It usually takes around 50 minutes! I think they are exaggerating in the interval acts.

According to Aftonbladet they are still laborating with some pause acts and yes Tobbe Ek says 30 minutes. He has now updated the blog and says that some pause acts may have to be shortened or left out. If so, I guess Sarah Dawn Finer will have to leave the show.

edit:
Currently 13 minutes too long.

LalehForWD

If you wonder what "SuperCharged" is, so it's simply sponsor TeliaSonera TV, broadcasting live from Malmö (I've got it :/).

Nikkita

It was great to see Yohio announcing the votes and greeting himself in Japanese :D

Tinchey

New Discoveries from Last.fm's Best of 2013

Many ESC 2013 acts made it to Last.fm's TOP 100 list of new discoveries. It's not surprising since the list is based on the amount of listeners made in the year of their debut (2013). Also notable MF & MPG acts like Adelen, Anton Ewald & Ravaillacz made the list. But most importantly Emmelie de Forrest is #2.

esc87fan

It's really nice to see some of the non-qualifiers on the list like Klapa, Natalia, Esma & Lozano and Takasa alongside the finalists like Gianluca, Krista, Farid and Emmelie

Top Bottom