Contact us

Eurovision Young Dancers 2015

EDC0708

Eurovision Young Dancers 2015 will take place on the 19th June 2015 in the new theatre in Plzen, Czech Republic. It will be the first time Czech Republic have hosted a Eurovision event. It will be the 14th edition of EYD.

There need to be 10 participating countries for the event to take place.

The Countries taking part are:

:al: Albania
:cz: Czech Republic (host)
:de: Germany
:mt: Malta
:no: Norway
:pl: Poland
:sk: Slovakia
:sl: Slovenia
:se: Sweden
:nl: The Netherlands

EDC0708

This is what wiki says about the other possible participating nations, obviously wiki isn't always accurate!

Non participating broadcasters

I think all of these countries have multiple EBU members, so could still participate, just not with these broadcasters.

:be: Belgium (VRT)
:fi: Finland (Yle)
:ie: Ireland (RTE)
:uk: United Kingdom (BBC)

Yet to make decision

:cy: Cyprus (CyBC)

Yet to announce participation or withdrawal

:am: Armenia
:by: Belarus
:nl: The Netherlands
:ua: Ukraine

I really hope they can get 10 participants!

EDC0708

Wikipedia has now added :al: Albania as a confirmed country, but they are using a blog as a source, and as anyone can set up a blog, the information may not be reliable. If the story is true, Albania would be a debut entry in the competition. It would be great to see them in the competition!

EDC0708

:al: Albanian broadcaster RTSH has now confirmed they will debut in this year's contest!
However :hr: Croatia's HRT has announced that they will not return to the competition, while :am: Armenia has announced their withdrawal from the event :(

We've got 8 participants now, just two more needed for the event to run, and we still haven't heard from Belarus, The Netherlands or Ukraine, who took part in the 2013 contest.

EDC0708

:nl: The Netherlands is now a confirmed participant, as it's been added to the young dancers website for the 2015 event. Wikipedia has added :me: Montenegro, but with no source, so that is probably not true. We've got 9 participants now, just one off the minimum number of ten, and we are still waiting for Belarus and Ukraine.

EDC0708

:by: Belarus has announced their withdrawal :(
:md: Moldova is apparently in talks to debut :D

nofuxCZ

Libor Bouček will be the host

libor-boucek-foto-robert-vano-1.jpg

EDC0708

:sk: Slovakia has confirmed their return to the event, for the first time since 1997! Could this lead to Slovakia returning to ESC?
No news about Moldova or Ukraine yet, but with 10 confirmed participants, the event will definitely take place! :D

EDC0708

It has now been confirmed that there will be 10 participants in the competition, which means Ukraine has withdrawn.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Wow! I didn't know this existed. I love dance shows!
Is there a "standard" (ie: not junior) version of it, too?

There was, in 2007 & 2008 but they got rid of it in 2009 because there wasn't enough participants.

DanielLuis

Wow! I didn't know this existed. I love dance shows!
Is there a "standard" (ie: not junior) version of it, too?

There used to be the Eurovision Dance Contest. It had two editions in 2007 and 2008

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

EDC0708

I enjoy EYD, but thought EDC had a much better format, with more entertaining dances, and the ratings were much higher, but presumably EDC cost a lot more than EYD. Looking foward to tomorrow!

Top Bottom