Contact us

Eurovision start time

When should the show start?

• Keep the current start time

9 60.0%
  • One hour earlier makes more sense

5 33.3%
  • I'm a sadistic night owl. Start later!

1 6.7%

• Total voters

LoveHate

Given how long the show is, is the current start time (8 pm GMT, 9 pm CET etc.) optimal? I'm thinking starting one hour earlier would make the time more tolerable further east, whereas 7 pm is hardly too early in GMT-countries. Or is it?

Eulaliya

Here it starts around three o'clock in the morning (GMT +8) but I'm thinking of setting it around an hour earlier, depending on my ability to stay awake at that hour (and I'll be careful not to disturb my sleeping neighbours).

revallsay

Here it starts around three o'clock in the morning (GMT +8) but I'm thinking of setting it around an hour earlier, depending on my ability to stay awake at that hour (and I'll be careful not to disturb my sleeping neighbours).

You can got to sleep at 9 or 10 pm on the previosu day and waku up at 3 am :)

LoveHate

It is fine just as it is. Amen. Namaste, ale

Of course it's fine in most countries. I just think starting at seven in some countries wouldn't be so terrible if you compare that with starting at midnight in some other countries. Like when Azerbaijan hosted, the shows started at midnight local time.

Back when the time was set at 8 pm GMT, 9 or 10 pm was the latest start time in any participating country.

MyHeartIsYours

I think Eurovision does start at 7pm GMT as it starts at 8pm BST. I think it could start at 7pm without it impacting significantly on UK/Irish viewership, but I would say 8pm for us/9pm for Western Europe probably reaches the biggest amount of people.

LoveHate

I think Eurovision does start at 7pm GMT as it starts at 8pm BST. I think it could start at 7pm without it impacting significantly on UK/Irish viewership, but I would say 8pm for us/9pm for Western Europe probably reaches the biggest amount of people.

By GMT I of course meant "whatever time those western outskirts of Europe currently have", but thanks for clarifying that BST is a different thing.

Top Bottom