Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
So... the biggest drama of Eurovision 2022 happened after the final, eh? Love to see how EBU solves their own problem with their six romantic partners.

ESC_12 points

(c) Centrix
Eda Marcus, our spokeperson was invited at Pro tv and said the votes of the jury were sent to Ebu on Friday night, after the show for the jury ended. The person who sent them obviouslly knew the results because she added them in the Ebu program where all theboardcasters add their votes and the same person was the one responsable to give to Eda the results on Saturday. When this person printed the votes for Eda she saw that there totally another votes and called the contact person from EBU who told her that Eda should read the printed votes. Then was a disscusion that made EBU to be afraid that Eda will not read the printed votes, but the real ones. Anyway, it seems that Tvr will sue Ebu and I think that not only TVR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4w8D8XhfLQ&feature=emb_logo

The above statement suggests that they calculated the jury result in advance and they needed Azerbaijani and Georgian 24 points and one point from another "bad connection" country (probably Romania) in order to make the UK jury winner to grant official right to host Eurovision next year in case if Ukraine refuses.

By the way, anybody noticed that the Lithuanian juri tells something else with his lips and than Ukraine? I think he says United Kingdom or Slava Ukraini. It is on the 30:01 minutes.

cegs5

I‘m surprised that nobody talked about the leaked Semi-Final 1 Results.

Now that we have the official numbers we know that the leak was supposedly a fake, BUT -

- almost a too good fake to not be true!

The numbers are VERY similar to the actual outcome. All tendencies (more jury or more televotes) were precisely correct. And there were some countries in there you could not know before if either juries or public liked them more. Some fake points are only a few points different from the actual result. All 10 qualifiers were correct. So tell me, how probable is all this? If you ask me - not much.

Now I‘m wondering if the leaked results were indeed not fake but they "tweaked" them after the final to disguise the leak.
I would not be surprised any longer after what happend now with the irregularities…
Out of curiosity, were they right about Portugal jury giving 12 points to Latvia? That still blows my mind.

midnightsun

Veteran
Out of curiosity, were they right about Portugal jury giving 12 points to Latvia? That still blows my mind.

I don’t know, I just saw that leaked points sheet from semi 1 and it looks very similar (to MY taste) to the actual results in SF1 AND GF (as if someone calculated new points based on the original). That’s just MY opinion.

This and the fact that the final table with the results of the GF looks very suspicious. Some first ones and last ones have a huge discrepancy of votes in jury/televote which is pretty unusual. We‘ve never had this before and statistically it’s not very probable. Only the mid-table songs have a somewhat balanced result in jury/televote.

Yes, one can argue that some are ballads that appeal more juries and some fun songs the televote but it’s too inconsistent to not be shady. Jury points differ massively in parts from the semi. Televote not so much. Strange. Did jurors and public watch two very different contests? Then, most of the top 10 juries didn’t give points to Ukraine. Etc. Etc.

Well, it is what it is, we can’t change it.
Believe it or not, to each their own.

ESC_12 points

I found it weird that Måneskin did not perform their zitti e buoni at the opening. It looked like it was not them but Laura Pausini who won the Eurovision. They could let Måneskin to open the Eurovision as the winner band/song. I expected more from Italy, it is after all the country of the best voices-opera, classic music, art etc. What we see instead Laura and Mika music, their dry jokes and confused face expressions.

marty

The only thing that really was great were the hosts. The opening and interval acts were a bit boring and the postcards were awful. the stage was ok. still it was an entertaining show.

Zerocalcare

I found it weird that Måneskin did not perform their zitti e buoni at the opening. It looked like it was not them but Laura Pausini who won the Eurovision. They could let Måneskin to open the Eurovision as the winner band/song. I expected more from Italy, it is after all the country of the best voices-opera, classic music, art etc. What we see instead Laura and Mika music, their dry jokes and confused face expressions.
When I learned that Pausini and Mika were going to conduct the ESC, I sadly already knew that they would take the opportunity to advertise themselves. I don't know how it works in your countries but here in Italy when there is a jar of jam there are the usual individuals who want to lick their hands. Each of our events never runs smoothly but must deal with the whims of our stars.

On Damiano of the Måneskin, even if he had wanted to, he could not have done it. I repeat... he was injured in his ankle. He suffered an injury when he was in London shooting a video clip.

shameless

When I learned that Pausini and Mika were going to conduct the ESC, I sadly already knew that they would take the opportunity to advertise themselves. I don't know how it works in your countries but here in Italy when there is a jar of jam there are the usual individuals who want to lick their hands. Each of our events never runs smoothly but must deal with the whims of our stars.

On Damiano of the Måneskin, even if he had wanted to, he could not have done it. I repeat... he was injured in his ankle. He suffered an injury when he was in London shooting a video clip.
Do you think that was also the reason why they couldn't give the trophy to the winners? I feel spoiled about that iconic moment now for the second year in a row where the former winner awards the new one. I see why it obviously couldn't happen last time but I really would like to have back. :(

Zerocalcare

Do you think that was also the reason why they couldn't give the trophy to the winners? I feel spoiled about that iconic moment now for the second year in a row where the former winner awards the new one. I see why it obviously couldn't happen last time but I really would like to have back. :(
Certainly some choices have influenced the others. I would have preferred that Pausini and Mika had performed less and I would have also avoided inviting Gigliola Cinquetti (who no longer has a voice) and would have used that time to do something else. All in all, the edition was pleasant but both Italy and the EBU could do more.

Drationi

If all these delegations are so angry about their final votes being disqualified, I would love to see them posting their semi-final rankings because that was the reason why they got what they've got.

Ali_

(c) Centrix
Eda Marcus, our spokeperson was invited at Pro tv and said the votes of the jury were sent to Ebu on Friday night, after the show for the jury ended. The person who sent them obviouslly knew the results because she added them in the Ebu program where all theboardcasters add their votes and the same person was the one responsable to give to Eda the results on Saturday. When this person printed the votes for Eda she saw that there totally another votes and called the contact person from EBU who told her that Eda should read the printed votes. Then was a disscusion that made EBU to be afraid that Eda will not read the printed votes, but the real ones. Anyway, it seems that Tvr will sue Ebu and I think that not only TVR.

The above statement suggests that they calculated the jury result in advance and they needed Azerbaijani and Georgian 24 points and one point from another "bad connection" country (probably Romania) in order to make the UK jury winner to grant official right to host Eurovision next year in case if Ukraine refuses.

By the way, anybody noticed that the Lithuanian juri tells something else with his lips and than Ukraine? I think he says United Kingdom or Slava Ukraini. It is on the 30:01 minutes.
The whole thing is a mess but being runner up doesn't mean that you automatically get to host if the winner can't so I don't buy that it was as thought out as that.

Loindici

Veteran
Sorry for bringing another politics in, but anyone wondered on how Azerbaijani juries were originally giving their 12 points to Ukraine in the final? Like, isn't Azerbaijan a well-known ally of Russia?

Uto

Veteran
Sorry for bringing another politics in, but anyone wondered on how Azerbaijani juries were originally giving their 12 points to Ukraine in the final? Like, isn't Azerbaijan a well-known ally of Russia?
In the same way Turkey and Russia are well-known allies. Frenemies.

Limone

(c) Centrix

Yes, indeed. Vaidotas (the lead singer of the Roop), who announced the points of Lithuania, is actually saying SLAVA UKRAINE. I guess, when Poland said those words unexpectedly, EBU were caught off guard. Later they most probably expected it from LT (due to obvious reasons), so they were prepared to prevent this if it happens. It's hilarious, when you see that glitch on the screen. :D

Limone

Yes. Azeris tend to please Russia. It occurred many times in jury voting.

JonasS

Posted this in the Serbia thread, but I think it's worth posting it here, too.
The Serbs posted a concept video of the initial staging (including a working sun). I think it's really interesting to see. Looks quite different from the performance we've seen and underlines that some acts might have been screwed badly.

ESC_12 points

I wish the geopolitics to be as simple as your post.

Simple answer is no. Azerbaijan is allied with the UK (economically) and Turkey (military), Georgia and Ukraine (regionally). Since Russia turned Armenia into de-facto to the Russian federation, because Russia has two military bases in Armenia (Gyumri and Erebuni), owns strategic economic infrastructure like customs, railways, gas etc. Armenia is the member of the Russian-led military block CSTO and EEU (economic block). The Russian troops control the Armenian border, Azerbaijan needs to balance the Russian power in the South Caucasus keeping its relation with Russia neutral and pragmatic. At the same time, the Azerbaijani media fully supports Ukraine, the Azerbaijani government sends humanitarian aid to Ukraine, and as well as free oil. There are much more help to Ukraine than this, but the Azerbaijani government does not want to make it public. President Aliyev openly called Russia as aggressors and occupants and advised Ukraine to never give up and go till the end to liberate their territories from occupation e.g occupants.

Russia uses all kind of levereage to stop the Azerbaijani assistance to Ukraine, even nuclear attack threat, but it seems Baku does not carrry: https://www.directupload.net/file/d/6551/w4wbk7qq_png.htm (photo)

You can see the Russian troops securing Armenian border with the words "forever with Russia and Putin's photo". They think it would scarry Azerbaijan: https://www.directupload.net/file/d/6551/c9yim5pz_png.htm (photo)

By the way, Armenia is the only country among post-Soviet states that is not capable to guard its own state border. Even Tajikistan, where is the largest Russian military base outside of Russia places, is capable to secure its own state border. This makes Armenia either failed state or de-facto Russian Federation. All the frozen conflicts and their seperatists are backed up by Russia, which creates great security concerns to Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and now Ukraine. The Azerbaijani victory in 2020 created new geopolitical challanges and reality for Russia in the South Caucasus and equally Ukrainian victory will create a new geopolitical challences for Russia in Eastern and Central Europe. Thus, victory with Ukraine!

Last edited:

ESC_12 points

The whole thing is a mess but being runner up doesn't mean that you automatically get to host if the winner can't so I don't buy that it was as thought out as that.
If the first place refuses to host the show because of force majeure situation like war (post-war), then the right to host can go automatically to the first place by jury which is also the second place winner, in this case the UK. We will see if I am right or wrong in 2023. Who knows maybe Ukraine will be able to host the show. We will see. Yet, in the bottom of my heart I wish the UK to host it in London, despite that I voted myself for Ukraine.

AlekS

Veteran
I think he says United Kingdom or Slava Ukraini. It is on the 30:01 minutes.
"Slava Ukraini".

But I doubt they edited it out, because Kalush said the same right on stage (and the audience replied xhug ) and everything was fine xshrug

Top Bottom