Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

lasse braun

Then came the war and chaos and Ukraine was forced to change artists
hmmm
in my opinium alina pash herself was forced to quit from...
very dirty games in these days!

:(

Loindici

Veteran

Loindici

Veteran
Good thing Azerbaijan has plenty of oil money, because this is getting expensive.

Talking about Azerbaijan, EBU should implement the rule that when either a jury vote or a televote went 0, a country automatically unqualifies. I love Nadir's haircur but this is nuts.

Loindici

Veteran
I don't think that's very exciting since it's going to be the UK for a fact.

*sees 12 jury points from ukraine to uk*

Ah, that makes sense.

Loindici

Veteran
Ukraine hosting in Manchester is whats probable
TBH there's a lot of arena choice in the UK, so I still can see a betting war happening.

MopManMoss

Veteran
TBH there's a lot of arena choice in the UK, so I still can see a betting war happening.
yes but this country has a severe cultural and political problem with continuous events and investment in the south which rules out plenty of places, I would almost bet my life on it being manchester besides the bbc has alot of its staff there in salford

Galandar

Good thing Azerbaijan has plenty of oil money, because this is getting expensive.

Yes, Azerbaijan receives a descent amount of money for exporting oil and gas (does it bother you?) and with the current higher prices even more. However, Azerbaijan has more serious issues to deal with and to spend that money for rather than for a song contest. The interest to the contest in Azerbaijan has anyway fallen significantly. So did the budget.

macmillanandwife

Glad they got into some jury corruption, but somehow they can never nail the Cyprus/Greece shit?
That's been happening every year since 1990 unless both of them don't qualify. It's an EBU tradition like Christmas at this point. The only time that didn't happen was in 2015 because of the combined ranking voting system canceled each side's "douzes" out.

Jin

Just made my account to share some thoughts with you.

I'm mostly dissapointed by the EBU cause of its incosistency. When you decide to cut Russia from the competion (which was the right decision imo), you literally take a stand against war. So, if you are anti-war how can you still allow Azerbaijan-Armenia and Israel to compete in the competion? These are countries with open conflicts. I'm not saying that they should cut these countries (I literally love what they bring in the competion) but how can you refer to your competion as "non-political" when you literally allow politics to be a part of it? Either admit to being political or just keep blindsiding the fans.

Ukraine's victory was not solely political. Yes, the juries helped a lot, but it was the public that voted for Ukraine to win! Were the votes about the quality of the song? Maybe... but let's be honest, most of them were pity-driven. It is what it is. And the worst part is, that Eurovision lost a good bunch of fans today. If EBU keeps the same energy, this is going to become a betting competion...

midnightsun

Veteran
EBU should implement the rule that when either a jury vote or a televote went 0, a country automatically unqualifies.

That’s a bit too harsh. They should take places 11 down to however many countries there are in the semi into consideration and calculate them too.

Nadir has neither deserved 0 in the Semi nor 3 only in the final. Juries don’t do a good job often but the televote isn’t fair as well. Only because there are many younger "party people" out there who don’t vote for sophisticated ballads, these should not be punished for being a piece of art.

eurovizian

Yes, Azerbaijan receives a descent amount of money for exporting oil and gas (does it bother you?) and with the current higher prices even more. However, Azerbaijan has more serious issues to deal with and to spend that money for rather than for a song contest. The interest to the contest in Azerbaijan has anyway fallen significantly. So did the budget.
Their corruption bothers me. It seems they got caught again this year.

AliceEsc

Some people: This won because of the war.

*Meanwhile, me: Sitting in the corner, thinking about how disappointed I was when Kalush Orchestra finished 2nd at Vidbir, cause it would have been my no1. And boom, after all the sh*t that happened, you did it guys, congratulations :ua: !!!

Top Bottom