Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

Himan

Congrats to Ukraine :ua:

Here is a duck you Putin from all of Europe!

I don't understand anyone who can say this is about politics. Politics is a place where we talk with each other and come to some kind of agreement without using bombs and killing people. Our at least, it should be This is war, and Europe was united today against this war. Put that beside and Ukraine would always have been a top 5 contender and maybe even as a winner. Also congrats to the UK and Spain for their big comebacks. And Moldova and Serbia for their enormous public support

Bobjan FR

Too tired (and disappointed) to comment now, except for one thing that is for me the thing the MOST UNEXPECTED OF THIS EDITION :

[SPOILER=" North Macedonia 11th in semi-final o_O"][/SPOILER]

spinachpie

Glad they got into some jury corruption, but somehow they can never nail the Cyprus/Greece shit?
If you're going to do that, then you will have to nail a whole lot more bloc voting patterns than Greece and Cyprus. Ex yugo, Scandinavians etc. All on a larger scale. Of course Greece and Cyprus will remain the poster child for people.

If you're going to do that, then you will have to nail a whole lot more bloc voting patterns than Greece and Cyprus. Ex yugo, Scandinavians etc. All on a larger scale. Of course Greece and Cyprus will remain the poster child for people.

All this nonsense would be over if we had one international professional jury. Period.

Ajeje Brazorf

Talking about the show, honestly I was surprised but it was kinda... decent for Italian standards, I found it entertaining. The hosts didn't bother me at all: this is a good point, and I think they did a good job overall. I'm maybe one of the few people who actually liked the fact we heard the sound effects of the arena: this made the show feel more vital, it made me happy to hear how the audience was supporting the artists in any performance. We didn't have a lot of guest stars, but the Interval Acts were pleasant, at least for my personal taste. Some things did not work as they should, I'm the first to say it, but I was very worried pre-contest it could have been much worse.

Preuss

I mean, of course Greece and Cyprus are the worst examples of this because it happens every damn year lol. If not twelve, then shockingly "only" ten points. I never count on points from Sweden, and we never shower them with points either.

I think you're more likely to receive points from your neighbors though, but it's not guaranteed unless you're Cyprus and Greece

macmillanandwife

Speculations! There are more factors that lead to televoting. You can not just remove the first and say the second would have won.
True but getting twelve points from 28/40 countries would drain points from other countries. It really could have been any of the top 5.

Grinch

Ausesken

Hasta luego Maricarmen. This thread has been very depressive considering the amount of hate I’ve read. I always respect people’s taste and I understand someone doesn’t like a song, but there was no need to say 1000 times that X song is dumb, bullsh*t, undeserved voting, the artist is annoying, has no experience, they rig the voting, etc.
Never again. Ciao.

nofuxCZ

We congratulate Ukraine and Kalush Orchestra on their win and superb performance.Now we will begin planning for 2023 with winning broadcaster UA:pBC.

Obviously, there are unique challenges involved in hosting next year’s competition.

However, as in any other year, we look forward to discussing all the requirements and responsibilities involved in hosting the competition with UA:pBC, and all other stakeholders, to ensure we have the most suitable setup for the 67th Eurovision Song Contest

macmillanandwife

Talking about the show, honestly I was surprised but it was kinda... decent for Italian standards, I found it entertaining. The hosts didn't bother me at all: this is a good point, and I think they did a good job overall. I'm maybe one of the few people who actually liked the fact we heard the sound effects of the arena: this made the show feel more vital, it made me happy to hear how the audience was supporting the artists in any performance. We didn't have a lot of guest stars, but the Interval Acts were pleasant, at least for my personal taste. Some things did not work as they should, I'm the first to say it, but I was very worried pre-contest it would have been much worse.
I agree! This year's audience was the most supportive I've seen since...last year's Junior Eurovision contest. The hosts were fine for the most part, and Laura's lack of grasp on the English language was *chef's kiss* bellissima and funny. The Netherlands had two years to prepare for the contest and the Italians had less than 10 months, so I do give them some slack on some of the mistakes they made. Although, some of those camera shots were...a choice. I wish the "sun" worked, but they did a decent job handling the problem. They were very good in the pacing of each show and it didn't drag like it did in 2019.

The postcards weren't spectacular, but they did pass the time between entries well and showed great views of the towns and cities all over Italy (Although, instead of showing the beauty of San Marino for San Marino's postcard you show Rome? Really?). I think RAI did this as a cost cutting measure and to play it safe. I mean last year's postcards weren't that much better either.

Honestly, it was a fine, typical Eurovision year production wise. It's just that everyone was spoiled by the very high quality of last year's contest.

Last edited:

Lugano

I thought the Italian hosting was pretty awful. Mika was okayish, but he's not Italian, the other two were cringe as hell.

Pretty bad ESC with possibly the worst top 3 in history for me personally. Ukraine and UK were somewhat decent songs, around 10-15th place. Spain was bottom 10 for me. Overall I thought 2022 was just a little better than 2021, which was the worst year since the early 00's, aside from 2017. Ukraine 2022 will be the second-worst winner since the dark years (2000, 2001, 2002), just beating out last years' crappy rocksong from Italy and that Portugese guy from 2017. Loved Romania, Serbia and Australia and a bunch of other pretty good songs.

I hope the EBU will take control of jury selection and begin to enlarge juries to make things more fair.

Top Bottom