Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

jatojo

I'm getting the feeling that Poland does have a problem about getting votes - that the Poles don't have enough neighbouring countries that support them. BUT really, the juries (which I think have too much influence in other respects) should compensate for that, and yet they gave Poland less points than Poland got from the public.

Zeus

Lmao Australia came 2nd in the semi so it clearly deserved the final, and unlike Azerbaijan and Switzerland, got a good amount of points from the televote too
Sheldons performance was so so good tonight. 2 televoting points.. He really deserved more. Feel sorry for him. This song meant so much to him, he really loves Eurovision and he just did so good with his performances.. Shame.

Decayingbooks

I think it also depends on how visible the politics is at the moment.

2014 - the politics are visible, but the invasions didn't get too much public attention. Instead, Conchita takes the center stage for the LGBT activism.
2016 - Jamala brought the politics to the stage (let's not deny that). Russia still did much better in televotes, anyway.
2022 - The war is all over media and it was also enforced in the contest, and Russia isn't there to compete, hence being the most visible instance of the politics being in advantage of Ukraine.
People use politics all the time to win votes, Israel 2018 was about female empowerment, France in 2018 was about migration, Malta 2018 and Australia 2019 was about depression, Russia 2015 was about unity and peace and so on... Politics was always a way to win votes

Zerocalcare

alina pash could have won because of her wonderful lightyears ahead song - kalush won mainly because media propaganda in all countries have worked very well.
many people thought,they have voted for the the right thing but future will tell us,what the truth behind them all is.
Ukraine has been sending great songs for many years. It is the only non-Big Five nation to have always qualified for the final. At Vidbir 2022 they had chosen Alina Pas of which, I tell you honestly, I was afraid. When I feel the shivers down my neck I can tell that the song is a winner. Alina was sure to win. Then came the war and chaos and Ukraine was forced to change artists. Even if the Kalush Orchestra did not deserve it according to some, I consider this victory a fair compensation.

It is not Ukraine's victory in 2022 that should leave us perplexed but the jury's votes from previous years that have killed many more deserving winners.

Looren

Veteran
WE STAN THE QUEEN DFKJKJSGKJSDFKJGSDFKJLGFSKDJLFGKJFDSJKLGKJLDSKGJLDFSKJGDSJK

Her reaction to Kalush victory:

photo_2022-05-15_03.08.02.jpeg

I liked her before

Sad.

spinachpie

I'm getting the feeling that Poland does have a problem about getting votes - that the Poles don't have enough neighbouring countries that support them. BUT really, the juries (which I think have too much influence in other respects) should compensate for that, and yet they gave Poland less points than Poland got from the public.
Poland got 5 less than Italy in tele and beat Portugal, Greece and Netherlands. All similar style songs. It has no problem.

Zerocalcare

Le persone usano la politica tutto il tempo per ottenere voti, Israele 2018 riguardava l'emancipazione femminile, la Francia nel 2018 riguardava la migrazione, Malta 2018 e Australia 2019 riguardava la depressione, la Russia 2015 riguardava l'unità e la pace e così via... La politica è sempre stata un modo per guadagnare voti
xbowxbowxbow

dany rose

I have been hearing this discourse very often but it's very untrue. Ukraine was high in the bookies because of Alina Pash and I clearly remember that the odds started sliding right after her withdrawal and Kalush's unofficial announcement that they would accept the offer to represent Ukraine. Also, the war started on Feb 24 but during the month that built up to that point, occupation was already obvious and Ukraine was already every day on the news.

I repeat, Kalush was NEVER a favorite to win the whole thing. When the Vidbir songs were announced, nobody was even talking about them.

You may support Ukraine's victory as a message for Europe's solidarity, but claiming that they were a favorite from the get go is only distorting the truth only to justify the victory.
Instead of wasting time looking for reasons why a song you don't like won, and trying to convince the people who voted for it, that this is wrong: try to focus on what's wrong with your musical tastes

hijirio

Veteran
Ukraine could have sent my grandmother's queef sound to ESC and it would have still won this year. Period.

NeoTen

At least the jokes of hosts were finally funny. Anyway. I've been watching as long as I can remember. When Yugoslavia was bombed no country from there won and some were even relegated. When Madrid was bombed, nothing. When Jamala called out Crimea, the Jury and Televoters chose another winner separately. What is this gonna change? Make people feel good? Virtue signalling has gone too far. I'm going to bed. Everything @hijirio says has my full support on this. Thx everyone, reading this forum was awesome as always though.

Turns out time and time again ... some deceased comedian said it in the 90s (and I include myself): "The public sucks, f*ck hope".

Top Bottom