Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
Russia invaded Crimea in February 2014 and yet Ukraine did not win in 2014.

Your point?

I think it also depends on how visible the politics is at the moment.

2014 - the politics are visible, but the invasions didn't get too much public attention. Instead, Conchita takes the center stage for the LGBT activism.
2016 - Jamala brought the politics to the stage (let's not deny that). Russia still did much better in televotes, anyway.
2022 - The war is all over media and it was also enforced in the contest, and Russia isn't there to compete, hence being the most visible instance of the politics being in advantage of Ukraine.

The song is moving. Very emotional.
war or not war Ukrainian song deserved to win.
All the rest is just weak alibis. Nothing more.
European people knows better

The song is about a mother whose picture I'm having as my profile pic long before the war started. It is such a beautiful ode to all moms.

I don't understand people who have anything against them winning. They would have scored great with the audience irrespective of the war.

Also this year there haven't been many other songs one could connect to emotionally. No entries to root for passionately unlike 2021 when there was a bloodshed here among passionate fans of various countries. 🤣 In that circumstances Ukraine stood out as a clean winner.

My sincere admiration to UK this year. Sam was THE MAN!

Also Spain, I disliked every tiny bit of Chanel's song, but I must credit Spain for finally stepping up to send something funny, modern and competitive.

Poland went wrong with staging. Somebody should be held criminally liable in Poland for what they did to this poor man.

I'm very sad for France though. They had a unique song. I can't grasp what went wrong except for the running order and their lack of promotion. Alvan aside for being pretty, but they all lacked any sense for promotion. I haven't seen even a single video of them hanging out with other colleagues at the ESC.

My 80 yrs old auntie wrapped up the night by snoring in the chair, waking up shortly to say: WHAT DO YOU MEAN UKRAINE WON? WHERE'S THE POPE'S HOT SECRETARY [Ochman] I CALLED FOR TWICE? 🤣🤣🤣

hijirio

Veteran
Stefania was a top favourite to achieve victory before the war had even started.
I have been hearing this discourse very often but it's very untrue. Ukraine was high in the bookies because of Alina Pash and I clearly remember that the odds started sliding right after her withdrawal and Kalush's unofficial announcement that they would accept the offer to represent Ukraine. Also, the war started on Feb 24 but during the month that built up to that point, occupation was already obvious and Ukraine was already every day on the news.

I repeat, Kalush was NEVER a favorite to win the whole thing. When the Vidbir songs were announced, nobody was even talking about them.

You may support Ukraine's victory as a message for Europe's solidarity, but claiming that they were a favorite from the get go is only distorting the truth only to justify the victory.

lasse braun

Did Ukraine win for many of you because there was a war? Remember that Alina Pas would have competed! Alina's song was even more formidable than "Stefania"!
alina pash could have won because of her wonderful lightyears ahead song - kalush won mainly because media propaganda in all countries have worked very well.
many people thought,they have voted for the the right thing but future will tell us,what the truth behind them all is.

jatojo

The biggest losers in the final compared to the odds were France and Poland, right?

Loindici

Veteran
The staging was so bad and almost an offense to the disabled artist. Shame on whoever made her do that.
Plus, Diana Gurtskaya and Monika Kuszynska didn't do that good either. Hence, I won't believe that sending a disabled person singing peace songs will guarantee a good and massive televote score.

Loindici

Veteran

hijirio

Veteran
WE STAN THE QUEEN DFKJKJSGKJSDFKJGSDFKJLGFSKDJLFGKJFDSJKLGKJLDSKGJLDFSKJGDSJK

Her reaction to Kalush victory:

photo_2022-05-15_03.08.02.jpeg

Top Bottom