Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

NemesisNick

The Eurovision Song Contest 2022 Grand Final is all over now. After all the public vote scores were announced, Ukraine won with 631 points (192 from juries and 439 from the public). That was hardly surprising; Ukraine has been the favourite to win for a good while. When Ukraine was about to receive its public vote total, I expected at least 300 points, but it ended up being 439 points, which is the highest public vote score since the introduction of the two sets of points per country voting system in 2016, and in fact also the highest ever score for one set of points in the history of Eurovision. Congratulations to Kalush Orchestra for winning. Although the song "Stefania" is not my taste in music, there must be plenty of people who enjoy that particular style. This is Ukraine's third victory to-date. Ukraine: Winners 2004, 2016, 2022. 6 years' gap between wins (2016 - 2022).

Congratulations also to the UK's Sam Ryder for finishing second with 466 points. He did the UK proud tonight with "Space Man". That is the UK's 16th time of coming second in the history of the Eurovision Song Contest.

NeoTen

And how on earth can Azerbaijan get through with 0(!) points from the televoting, how can EBU defend that. Really. Switzerland got 11 points, at least there are some fans somewhere. Cyprus even would've made on Televoting this way.... that's happened before, but Azerbaijan... seriously. They need to make the jury former participants, writers, producers, dancers, but this. Not just random DJ's.

spinachpie

Isn't the whole event about politics for years? Country A giving constantly points to country B, ect. So why now the huge indignation and disappointment? That is childish!
I never once said I never wanted them to win or am disappointed. I just find comments like yours quite beyond reality, sorry. It was obviously helped hugely because of the war.

Zerocalcare

Did Ukraine win for many of you because there was a war? Remember that Alina Pas would have competed! Alina's song was even more formidable than "Stefania"! Also, if I remember correctly, I believe that if the war had not happened Russia would have sent a disabled person to the ESC (which always hits the hearts of the public). There are too many variations in the game. We will never know how it would end. Now we cheer the winner with sportiness because beyond all the Kalush Orchestra are strong.

Ausesken

:es: televoters gave 12 points to Ukraine. I guess that should make some people shut the f up

hijirio

Veteran
If this non-sense won with such a landslide, I guess Alina Pash would have sweeped every single 12 of the jury and televote one by one, set an unbeatable record of points that can ever be reached in Eurovision.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
People bringing a downer on what should be a special moment of course. I congratulated Toy even though I thought the song was pants and the win baffling. Stefania was a top favourite to achieve victory before the war had even started. It had always been a well liked entry by a country that dares to be unique at the contest, and gets richly rewarded for those risks. This is a beautiful, symbolic moment for our contest, and I, and many others thought the song was hot stuff. Why sour this moment? We can play Captain Obvious which does nothing or we can raise a toast to a country that's going through a lot right now and yet came out fighting hard, singing/rapping from their hearts in a contest that was made to unite us.

The biggest congratulations to Ukraine!! I'm so happy for you xheart

midnightsun

Veteran
Hello ESTONIANS!!!

I would like to thank you for being the only country apart from CH & AT (which could be neighbour votes) that gave points to Germany tonight!!!

We love & appreciate you! :love:xrosexrunhug

These two points feel like 12! *swipes away tears* I will tell my grandchildren about that magical night!

No seriously! Thanks! :)

Loindici

Veteran
Also, if I remember correctly, I believe that if the war had not happened Russia would have sent a disabled person to the ESC (which always hits the hearts of the public).

I WONT BREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK -the singing mountain, 2018

Top Bottom