Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
what is it about ? The auto-translation doesn't make sense at all

I think the stage could be seen when they pulled down the cage thing I guess.

NemesisNick

Eurovision Song Contest 2022 Analysis

Here are all the 25 finalists, in the order they will perform tomorrow night:
Czech Republic, Romania, Portugal, Finland, Switzerland, France, Norway, Armenia, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Ukraine, Germany, Lithuania, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Greece, Iceland, Moldova, Sweden, Australia, United Kingdom, Poland, Serbia, Estonia.

Now for the 15 countries which failed to reach the final, but which will still vote tomorrow night:
Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Georgia, Ireland, Israel, Latvia, Malta, Montenegro, North Macedonia, San Marino, Slovenia.

Now let's look at who's in and who's out, within some country groups:

Baltic States (Ex-USSR)
In: Estonia, Lithuania. Out: Latvia.

Nordic area
In: Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden. Out: Denmark.

Benelux
In: Belgium, Netherlands. Didn’t enter: Luxembourg.

Central Europe
In: Czech Republic, Germany, Poland, Switzerland. Out: Austria, Slovenia. Didn’t enter: Hungary, Slovakia.

Greece and Cyprus
In: Greece. Out: Cyprus.

Romania and Moldova
In: Moldova, Romania.

Former Yugoslavia
In: Serbia. Out: Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Slovenia. Didn’t enter: Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Founding Seven
By this I mean the seven countries which appeared in the very first Eurovision Song Contest in Lugano in 1956:

In: Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands. (Luxembourg didn't enter yet again)

My full analysis and comments about these groups are available on my blog:

Dessi

Here are all the 25 finalists, in the order they will perform tomorrow night:
Czech Republic, Romania, Portugal, Finland, Switzerland, France, Norway, Armenia, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Ukraine, Germany, Lithuania, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Greece, Iceland, Moldova, Sweden, Australia, United Kingdom, Poland, Serbia, Estonia.

Now for the 15 countries which failed to reach the final, but which will still vote tomorrow night:
Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Georgia, Ireland, Israel, Latvia, Malta, Montenegro, North Macedonia, San Marino, Slovenia.

Now let's look at who's in and who's out, within some country groups:

Baltic States (Ex-USSR)
In: Estonia, Lithuania. Out: Latvia.

Nordic area
In: Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden. Out: Denmark.

Benelux
In: Belgium, Netherlands. Didn’t enter: Luxembourg.

Central Europe
In: Czech Republic, Germany, Poland, Switzerland. Out: Austria, Slovenia. Didn’t enter: Hungary, Slovakia.

Greece and Cyprus
In: Greece. Out: Cyprus.

Romania and Moldova
In: Moldova, Romania.

Former Yugoslavia
In: Serbia. Out: Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Slovenia. Didn’t enter: Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Founding Seven
By this I mean the seven countries which appeared in the very first Eurovision Song Contest in Lugano in 1956:

In: Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands. (Luxembourg didn't enter yet again)

My full analysis and comments about these groups are available on my blog:
And what is your analysis?
You only grouped them in this post. Are there more posts to come?...

Loindici

Veteran

mauve

Veteran
I wish all contestants good luck for tonight - I really like Ukraine, but wouldn't mind having a surprise winner. I am ready - with all kinds of food beside me to calm my nerves.Rooting hard for Czech Republic, Sweden, Finland and Serbia! xheart

Gitte

I feel much more nervous for tonight than in other years. I feel like there's more at stake? There are some big questions like "will Ukraine indeed landslide win/ will it about just win/ is all the pityvotes stuff overstated and they're just 5 or so" and "will the UK and Spain flop hard because they're overrated due to doing bad for years/ will they both be top 5 and we've got serious rags to riches stories?" In most other years it's just like... "Yeah, that country will likely win, everyone knows and accepts that, with no politics involved, or any of those 5 countries, those are good esc countries" while for tonight I feel like we're in for a rollercoaster.

AlekS

Veteran
Vaidotas (The Roop) was wearing a purple coat while announcing the votes, Stefania - black dress, Samanta Tina had a big headpiece, Kate (Go_A) was wearing black and white ensemble with a choker, TIX being TIX :lol:xlove

NemesisNick

And what is your analysis?
You only grouped them in this post. Are there more posts to come?...
My post shows the 25 countries that are in tonight's ESC 2022 Grand Final (in order of performance), and the 15 non-qualifiers in alphabetical order.

The rest of my post is country groups (e.g. Nordic area) and within those areas, which countries are in tonight's final and which aren't. Of course, non-qualifiers from Tuesday and Thursday evening still vote tonight, but they won't be able to receive points. Countries which didn't enter at all this year such as Hungary or Bosnia & Herzegovina can't even vote tonight (that's why I also menioned them, for the record). This part of my post is only a brief outline; I've written more information under each heading in a separate report on my blog:

It'll be interesting to see what happens tonight in the case of Greece and Cyprus. Cyprus will still be able to give 12 jury points and 12 televote points to Greece tonight, but Greece won’t be able to give 12 jury points or 12 televote points to Cyprus. Your guess is as good as mine who Greece gives their 12 jury points and 12 televote points to this evening.

luli

My post shows the 25 countries that are in tonight's ESC 2022 Grand Final (in order of performance), and the 15 non-qualifiers in alphabetical order.

The rest of my post is country groups (e.g. Nordic area) and within those areas, which countries are in tonight's final and which aren't. Of course, non-qualifiers from Tuesday and Thursday evening still vote tonight, but they won't be able to receive points. Countries which didn't enter at all this year such as Hungary or Bosnia & Herzegovina can't even vote tonight (that's why I also menioned them, for the record). This part of my post is only a brief outline; I've written more information under each heading in a separate report on my blog:

It'll be interesting to see what happens tonight in the case of Greece and Cyprus. Cyprus will still be able to give 12 jury points and 12 televote points to Greece tonight, but Greece won’t be able to give 12 jury points or 12 televote points to Cyprus. Your guess is as good as mine who Greece gives their 12 jury points and 12 televote points to this evening.
Armenia☝️

NemesisNick

Today is Saturday 14 May 2022. The Eurovision Song Contest 2022 Grand Final takes place at PalaOlimpico, Turin, Italy tonight, starting at 20:00 BST. The 25 countries taking part tonight, in order of performance, will be:

Of course, as a UK citizen, I would like Sam Ryder to win tonight with the UK's entry "Space Man", especially as it's now 25 years since the UK last won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1997. However if bookies' odds are anything to go by, the one country most likely to win tonight is Ukraine, with Kalush Orchestra - "Stefania". Ukraine is the current favourite to win, with a 60% of winning at the time of me writing this post. The United Kingdom is currently second, and Sweden is third in the odds. Still, bookies' odds aren't the be all and end all; anything could happen tonight.

There are a few songs I wish hadn't qualified for the Grand Final. I would have preferred Croatia, plus either Slovenia, Bulgaria or Denmark to have qualified instead of Ukraine and Norway on Tuesday evening, and Malta and Cyprus to have qualified in place of Belgium and Czech Republic on Thursday evening, but it's no good moaning about that now. I can't expect to have all the songs I like in both semi-finals reach the Grand Final, and have all the songs I dislike weeded out in the semi-finals. On Tuesday evening it was obvious that Ukraine was one of the countries most likely to qualify, and I'd have been shocked if it hadn't qualified.

Anyway good luck to all 25 finalists in Turin tonight. May the best song win.

Gitte

With all the Ukraine stuff, pre- grand final social media news about the contest is even more toxic than usual.

Top Bottom