Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

Hook2Hook

I predicted Sweden, Poland, UK, Serbia (closed) at last 4... well still satisfied with this, 3 of my favorite vocalists all in 20~24.:cool:

Loindici

Veteran
This running order is shite. That's it.

And I think the running order should be done in thirds or quarters instead of halves. Thhe halves somehow makes winner predictions way easier than it was supposed to be.

Loindici

Veteran
BTW, the idea of Czech Republic opening is actually as sensible as Belgium opening in 2016, thinking back about it. It's a limelight bop that will have people dancing over it.

hpp0

Overall the second semi was a much more enjoyable show than the first semi. Apart from the performances, which were a lot more interesting, the technical aspect of the show also seemed to be better. I don't know about the issue with the sound, but the camera work was way better for most performances. Still far from the excitement I had for the shows in the previous year, but it is an improvement I guess.

Regarding the results, the only qualifier with which I disagree is Belgium, cause neither the performance nor the vocals justify it for me but maybe it is a good song. Other than that, I think both semis had fair results and the best performances made it, although it seems that juries got more qualifiers in than televoters did.

I can't tell many things about the results from the running order, other than that Romania was probably the 10th or 9th qualifier and that Serbia must have done really well (3rd in the semi maybe). Imo the running order for the final doesn't have as much thought as people seem to think cause they don't have the time unlike the semis, so it shouldn't be treated that seriously as a prediction for the semi results.

Last edited:

luli

I copy-paste this comment. Thanks, Rita.

"Having been in the arena and seen how much time all of these sets & props take to set up then dismantle, a lot of this makes sense.

1. I bet there’s an ad break between Ukraine and Germany. Malik’s carpetsss (3 or 4 gigantic ones) take forever and a day to unroll and get placed correctly on top of each other. Then the instruments come in. Then the extra floor lights. You want a simple set before/after that, hence Ukraine & Lithuania. There’s nearly no props in those two.
2. Definitely another ad break before the UK. Sam’s shell is gigantic, there are at least 30 or 40 techs on stage getting everything ready for him (the most u can see for other acts is maybe 10 or 15 techs – heck even The Rasmus’ balloons require fewer people). They have to wheel every one of the 3 huge elements in, align it, prop it up, plug it, test that it lights up, turn it off, put the instruments, and it takes like 3-5 mins eaaasy. Sheldon before makes sense (his stairs are quick to wheel away) and Ochman after is great (no props, just a mic stand).

Both acts (Germany and UK) come in at a time where we usually see ad breaks in ESC finals, so makes perfect sense.

Other interesting bits:
– Portugal > Finland > Switzerland: Finland’s balloons are at the back of the stage, so putting them on/taking them out doesn’t interfere with Maro’s Stage B setup, or Marius’ front of main stage projection screen.
– Spain > Netherlands > Italy > Ukraine will be the simplest prop progression ever. Guess they need to breathe before mammoth Germany comes on ?.
– Sweden’s prop takes a bit of time to set up & align properly but is fast to remove, which is good because it leads into Australia’s stairs. Both, though, can be done in the 30 sec limit and with relatively few people, which is cool, because you need dozens of techs to be ready backstage with Sam’s props. An intense succession, but doable with the pre-UK ad break.
– Another intense succession is France > Norway > Armenia. Bet we’ll see a short skit with the 3 presenters or a green room chat before Armenia.
– Greece’s billions of chairs are sandwiched between two acts that have few props. Neat.

Hopefully this helps shed some light into the technical aspects of the running order."

Spot on(y)

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is pretty much the worst running order ever made in a contest history.

Opening with Czech Republic and then having a pop song. Like: what?

Spain, The Netherlands and Ukraine in a row?

It’s so random. It looks like they’ve actually made a draw looool

shameless

yeah I am not that sold on the running order either, all Italy, Spain, UK and Poland perfoming back-to-back feels kinda anticlimatic. :(
A message to all complaining about Ukrainian running order and a missed opportunity of neutralizing Ukraine by a running order:

You are moral cripples and a shame for society!!!
This is mean, please don't play that game.

EscGeek

Veteran
My thoughts on NQs

:il: - I adore that very first drum beats. The revamp did miracles in the studio version. The live version stayed the same as in NF hence why he dropped a little bit for me, but i still like the song. :)
:ge: - My favorite Eurovision country. And this performance sums up Georgia at Eurovision perfectly. This is why i love them so much. What else is there to say? xbow
:mt: - I've heard her other songs. She could be in my top 10 with some of her biggest hits. She would also qualify with them. I don't understand why she switched her original song for a song of the same realm. Anyways, she's absolutely gorgeous and she went up 3 places on my list, but that's as high as i can go.xrofl
:sm: - I'm gutted this didn't go through. The last country to be announced was Serbia and because San Marino also starts with the same letter, my heart skipped a beat. This little country being in my top 10 for 7 years straight is an amazing achievement. They are giving Georgia and Moldova a run for their money.x12points
:cy: - I don't understand why she started dropping in the odds. Ive watched the leaked jury show and yesterday's semi final and i thought she was good and would be a worthy qualifier. I really don't get it.xthink
:ie: - I was sooo rooting for her to sail through in a smilar fashion as Lea Sirk, but i guess not. I just hope that she didn't crash in the semi final like the other two of my favorite irish ladies. Because i want Ireland to keep sending songs like that. Ole ole ole ole!xcheer
:mk: - Expected NQ. Her and Israel dropped out of my top 20 in favor of Greece and Netherlands. I still like the song though. North Macedonia often gets trashed by fans for their boring stage performances, and I'm ready to defend Jana Burčeska for being alone on stage. But this year i thought they could do more. Also, her facial expressions are cringe. :lol:
:me: - I loved the switch to Italian. The song is labeled as best of the worst for me, which is an improvement from my initial impression - comparing it to the horror of Hungary 2008.:p

heke1988

No Ireland?? No Cyprus?? No San Marino??

But Belgium, Romania and Finland are through?

Girl. Choicesssssss.

Andromache's was out of tune yesterday, so definitely NQ. And Greece wasn't there to give Cyprus automathic 24 points.

San Marino was 100% sure ruined by the juries.

Ireland's song was meh.

I think Belgium was saved by the juries

Romania's performance was good and song is catchy. After performance I was quite sure, Romania will qualify.

Finland did enough to made to qualify. Lauri's vocals was not the best at the beginning, but in the end he did good job.

Serena00

A piece of advice to people complaining about Ukrainian running order: just vote for your favorite song regardless of the running order.

In 2018 I spoke with some casual Eurovision viewers who complained a lot about Israel winning. But they didn't vote for any song and I voted for Israel several times, so ;)

HarryUK

Andromache's was out of tune yesterday, so definitely NQ. And Greece wasn't there to give Cyprus automathic 24 points.

San Marino was 100% sure ruined by the juries.

Ireland's song was meh.

I think Belgium was saved by the juries

Romania's performance was good and song is catchy. After performance I was quite sure, Romania will qualify.

Finland did enough to made to qualify. Lauri's vocals was not the best at the beginning, but in the end he did good job.
Each to their own, I just don’t vibe with those 3 entries. With Finland, I normally loooove rock at Eurovision but it feels like such an anti climax when you compare to Blind Channel

Top Bottom