Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

Kaz

Relax... Take a deep breath

I won't be able to breathe in the final because she won't be there to show us how
e56b84e2eec7003c700cb7008cdb5695c01c7a93dc3256234fbf2d14ae3f77798f7e9064147afeab1a00ab1faaff8495cd24a188f33ee9146fe4ed68ef3f596bafaa99f9a5a46805.jpg

midnightsun

Veteran
Résumé Semi-Final 2

Another great show, I am truly amazed how good the Italians are with their choice of entertainment acts. No wannabe funny movie clips, no overly artsy stuff.

On the other hand I'm still shocked how bad they are at stagecraft. The camera work was slightly better today, also the background with the black sun (well implemented I think) but what have they done to the audio once again? I have never ever experienced a Song Contest with such low audio quality and it harmed some contestants. Its peak was at Azerbaijan and Malta, both performing back to back, so they might have fixed it a bit after them but it was still not good. The vocals have been changing throughout the songs from loud to soft and vice versa.

The songs!

Some songs which I didn’t expect to be that good were Israel and Ireland. At one point I thought they‘d even have a chance to qualify. I loved MDB's energy but while I enjoyed it right before the voting it was quite unfair at the same time and I don’t know why the hosts did not remove him. Funny he did not qualify despite his self-promo.

Best voices tonight were Australia and Poland, both delivered an amazing, flawless performance.

Some songs that did not work for me live as much as I hoped for/liked it: Serbia, Finland & Azerbaijan. At some point I was worrying about all of them NQ'ing. Serbia was way too static and Azerbaijan looked pale. It’s still one of my favourite songs but Nadir‘s voice seemed a bit strained by now. Laurie was nervous af at the beginning but thankfully found his energy back later. His outfit was doubtful either.

Talking about doubtful looks… San Marino sounded well but I just can’t with his outfit and oversexualized behaviour. Just like Albania I somehow disliked the show (and I‘m not prude at all). Sorry to say but I‘m glad he didn’t make it. The song was ok.

Georgia was pretty lacklustre, so was Belgium (who pushed that through???) and Cyprus, though the chorus was actually pretty nice. I really thought she‘d made it. And I learnt that Andromache was born in the same city as me, OMG! She is from my hometown, where I lived half my life, how crazy is that (and that’s not even a big or well-known city in Germany. Some may know, some not.)!!!

Sweden still left me cold and I also can’t understand the hype about Czech Republic. Or is it because they are the only bop that made it, apart from Spain? I think despite her improvement Domi sounded rather weak and couldn’t transfer the energy to the stage but I like the song and I think it’s great they‘re through. I don’t see them in the top 10 though.

I wish I could love Montenegro more than I did because I lost my mum to Covid too last year. And my mum introduced me to Eurovision, she was such a big fan too. So I cried during Valedana‘s performance and she was so lovely and I wish she had made it but the song was a bit too generic for me, standard Eastern Eurovision ballad.

Sad for my girl Andrea, she really deserved the final! Flawless performance, great voice.

Happy that Estonia made it. I voted multiple times for this, I liked his performance a lot (I think this would have been my mum‘s favorite).

I‘m looking forward to the GF because I have SO MANY favourites in it and that doesn’t even include UK or France, which I love too. I think I must be very spontaneous with my votes on Saturday and let my heart decide … calling for more than 3-4 does not make much sense.

Loindici

Veteran
I won't be able to breathe in the final because she won't be there to show us how
e56b84e2eec7003c700cb7008cdb5695c01c7a93dc3256234fbf2d14ae3f77798f7e9064147afeab1a00ab1faaff8495cd24a188f33ee9146fe4ed68ef3f596bafaa99f9a5a46805.jpg

You can screencap her beautiful, beautiful second semi performance and you gave us a Stan Twitter picture!? xpunish

NemesisNick

Eurovision Song Contest 2022 Second Semi-Final Results
Here are the results, which were announced in a random order around 22:05 BST. Any use of "tonight" still means Thursday 12 May 2022.

My desired qualifiers: Finland, Malta, Australia, Cyprus, Estonia, Poland, Sweden, plus three of Serbia, Azerbaijan, Ireland, North Macedonia, Romania, Montenegro.

Actual qualifiers (in order of announcement): Belgium, Czech Republic, Azerbaijan, Poland, Finland, Estonia, Australia, Sweden, Romania, Serbia.

Bold entries represent the actual qualifiers that match my "Definitely want to qualify" preferences, and italic entries represent the ones that match my "Wouldn't mind qualifying" preferences.

OUT: Cyprus, Georgia, Ireland, Israel, Malta, Montenegro, North Macedonia, San Marino.

My points of view about the qualifiers and non-qualifiers are available here on my blog:

Ajeje Brazorf

Haha I did wonder that tbh! I reckon Romania or Spain might be flirting with their 12 tbh...

Last time it happened, it happened with Il Volo in 2015... And Cyprus was their 10 pointer...

This year I can totally see them giving a 12 to Armenia...

Loindici

Veteran
uhhhh who is the Greek jury going to give 12 to they havent had to think about that since 2013

In 2016, they awarded 12-10-8 to Russia, Armenia, and then Cyprus
In 2017, Cyprus, Azerbaijan, Armenia
in 2018, Cyprus, Moldova, Sweden
in 2019, Cyprus, Russia, and Azerbaijan
in 2021, Cyprus, Moldova, and Bulgaria

If a pattern still occurs, it might be Azerbaijan, Armenia, or Moldova.

Mainshow

Veteran
If you´ve missed the super disturbing, embarrassing and probably drunk(?) moment of Cornelia "shooting the host" and telling him how to look like a real dead person whilst there were Ukrainian flags and city names in which acts of war and genoicide took place in the press conference´s room

midnightsun

Veteran
If you´ve missed the super disturbing, embarrassing and probably drunk(?) moment of Cornelia "shooting the host" and telling him how to look like a real dead person whilst there were Ukrainian flags and city names in which acts of war and genoicide took place in the press conference´s room

If I didn‘t dislike her before I would be now… thank God she didn’t get to perform in the same half / Semi as Ukraine.

theditz83

Veteran
Ummm no - don't link this in any way to the war in Ukraine. That's low. Why would you make that link, she said nothing about Ukraine. She's being a (probably tipsy and definitely emotional) goofball, nothing more

eurovizian

Ummm no - don't link this in any way to the war in Ukraine. That's low. Why would you make that link, she said nothing about Ukraine. She's being a (probably tipsy and definitely emotional) goofball, nothing more
I agree, it would be as tasteless as "shaming" (sorry for the woke social media lingo) Greece for the song Die Together. The world and Eurovision is, thankfully, not the war in Ukraine.

midnightsun

Veteran
I don’t know, people were upset about Ronela going all sexy, about N. Macedonia throwing her flag away, about MDB disturbing the host etc - I think you CAN be upset about Cornelia making fun of dead people.

Mainshow

Veteran

I linked it to the war because there are people sitting in front row wearing Ukrainian flags and having put the names of (destroyed/bombed/shelled) Ukrainian cities on their costumes.

I also said that I need to rest and sleep over it and I also wrote (previous page) that she was probably drunk/tipsy and didn´t mean it in a bad way - It was just very embarrasing and awkward to watch. In my opinion, of course. - Personally, I just think that the timing was off - but that´s just my personal opinion and how I feel all about this - I don´t want to blow it out of porportion (like you, I think she was just being silly/fully/tipsy and didn´t mean any harm) it just made me cringe a lot and it was just very strange to watch it live on TV.

Still my #1 song this year and I voted for her today.

Top Bottom