Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

ManiaMuse

Out of the following countries, which country do you guys think could sneak into the final by a good televoting score?

:il::ro::cy:

I only expect one of them. Israel might do best with the juries (pretty modern production, solid vocals), but I feel Romania or Cyprus are more likely to attract some televoters.
Hmm, tough one as they are all basically just variations on a theme (4 to the floor tropical house pop songs at slightly different tempos). Israel and Romania are going to split the gay vote but I would say both are a bit dated. Cyprus is a bit different and at least has some staging to make it a bit more interesting.

crashworld

Veteran
Tried to make some predictions, but got stuck at 9.

Out of the following countries, which country do you guys think could sneak into the final by a good televoting score?

:il::ro::cy:

I only expect one of them. Israel might do best with the juries (pretty modern production, solid vocals), but I feel Romania or Cyprus are more likely to attract some televoters.

Running order ruins it for Israel to be honest. Cyprus coming after Australia's huge vocals may cost her because I heard mixed reviews about her performance. Romania likely to get good televote backing but I just feel out of the 3, Romania will get killed by the juries.

Personally, I would think Cyprus would make it because of her running order. If Israel didn't come so early, I would have believed they have the most chance to qualify out of the 3 despite the song not being good, but Israel's entry this year is the entire package. It just needs to be seen so you can appreciate the entire package.

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
I understand your point of view but the problem is that France and Norway have controlled all their rehearsals and have given to the producers their inputs to improve what was done.
Just to clarify, I'm not defending my country in this case, many things should have been done better but about fixing the details is done in collaboration with the national teams. Maybe these teams wanted camera angles like this? I don't think producers want to destroy or damage any performance.

I think there are still some 'failures' happening, unfortunately. I can see an awkward zoom out on Portugal, staff dragging the piano to the stage during Dance of Beauty, and some cameraman being visible on national TV during some entries' performances.

Loindici

Veteran
Since the press are that convinced with Sweden, let's see what kind of staging they actually bring. If it's nothing more than bloom of lights and light diffuser spinning, I will have to ask myself about my own taste.

theditz83

Veteran
My Semi 2 prediction:
:se: :rs: :pl: :cz: :fi: :cy: :ee: :ie: :sm: :au:

:ie: is the one I'm not sure of, but I think Brooke puts on a very solid performance - it'll be reliant on the televote, and I feel she'll be fighting it out with :ro: and :il: in the end.

nofuxCZ

This will be a bloodbath. Seeing the show live during jury show completely confused me.
I am now starting to think Cyprus is out. San Marino in. And I am worried about Serbia. It's in my top 3 but it didn't work as much in the arena. I hope it's a case of song not working in a big crowd but translating well on a TV screen. They added a translation of the Serbian lyrics on the screen - not sure if for the whole song but for part of it for sure.

crashworld

Veteran
This will be a bloodbath. Seeing the show live during jury show completely confused me.
I am now starting to think Cyprus is out. San Marino in. And I am worried about Serbia. It's in my top 3 but it didn't work as much in the arena. I hope it's a case of song not working in a big crowd but translating well on a TV screen. They added a translation of the Serbian lyrics on the screen - not sure if for the whole song but for part of it for sure.

I've heard from the ESCunited livestream, Gabe who is in the arena said the crowd is basically lukewarm to most songs except San Marino (but that's having home country advantage since he's quite a star in Italy), Serbia, Romania and Czech Republic (I think). What's your take on the responses from the crowd in the arena? Which songs elicit positive reactions?

nofuxCZ

I've heard from the ESCunited livestream, Gabe who is in the arena said the crowd is basically lukewarm to most songs except San Marino (but that's having home country advantage since he's quite a star in Italy), Serbia, Romania and Czech Republic (I think). What's your take on the responses from the crowd in the arena? Which songs elicit positive reactions?
San Marino reaction was huge but that's understandable. Then in no order Czech Republic, Romania and Ireland.
Lukewarm reaction to North Macedonia, Montenegro, Georgia. Australia don't know (used the end of the performance as a toilet break ;) ) Others normal reaction, in line with my expectations.

Loindici

Veteran
I just watched a fancam on the UK jury show performance and I have goosebumps.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

The footage was leaked of some of the acts on Twitter. Serbia doesn't have the full lyrics translated it's just a few short phrases through out like "Artists must be healthy". Imo it didn't seem at all effective in projecting what the message is in any means. I'm prepared to be proven wrong but it's giving me major Telemóveis vibes tbh.

esc87fan

:ee: and :cz: were my two big picks for qualification in SF2. I got all three of my SF1 picks through yesterday (:nl::lt::pt:), so seeing Stefan and We Are Domi get through would be awesome

MopManMoss

Veteran
I got 10/10 for semi 1 i feel like im gonna get 5/10 for this I have literally no idea how tonight is going to go its so exciting

crashworld

Veteran
The full SF2 jury show has leaked. Don't know if I should watch it before the actual live show or not.

Top Bottom